No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Leaving Ed Richards out of the AA squad is a shocking decision.

If he was called Ed Daicos, the press would be fawning all over him & he’d be one of the first picked.

Selecting the entire Freo midfield is a farce.
Nah as good as he has been when he's up he's also had a few too many quiet games as well.

Would be a good pick up

meh. He's an almost player, looks better than what he is. Majority of the time he's a spud, probably the one player i've most seen get caught htb or having his kick affected because he's slower than he looks.

meh. He's an almost player, looks better than what he is. Majority of the time he's a spud, probably the one player i've most seen get caught htb or having his kick affected because he's slower than he looks.
Every player has been caught holding the ball except for Nick Daicos because the umpires say:
Mc Hammer GIF

I personally don't think Collingwood get 26 for him given he was dropped midway through the season and OOC players generally get a trade value around F3 level. i.e. we got Adams for Pick 33.

Having said all that i reckon Collingwood trade Noble and #32 to GCS for #26 and #46

Then Collingwood trade 46, 48 & 50 to Essendon for #28 and a F3

Gives Collingwood 26 + 28 in the draft but also gives them a F3 for their FS next year

“John today informed us he would like to explore a trade ahead of next season to be closer to family,” Leppitsch said. Noble’s twin brother, Mark, is in Queensland.

Brings back memories of Dayne Beams wanting a trade to Brisbane to be closer to his father who had cancer.
Father lived on the Gold Coast but he would only accept a move to the Lions.

Or Barrass supposedly considering a move to the Swans last year to be closer to his sister who lived in Sydney.
She is now on Melbourne, but consider me dubious that she is the reason he is apparently off to the Hawks.

Noble has 2 years left on his Magpie contract and it is reported the Suns have offered a 4 year deal.

Fine lock in your future, but please can we not keep rolling out this family nonsense.

“John today informed us he would like to explore a trade ahead of next season to be closer to family,” Leppitsch said. Noble’s twin brother, Mark, is in Queensland.

Brings back memories of Dayne Beams wanting a trade to Brisbane to be closer to his father who had cancer.

Or Barrass supposedly considering a move to the Swans last year to be closer to his sister who lived in Sydney.
She is now on Melbourne, but consider me dubious that she is the reason he is apparently off to the Hawks.

Noble has 2 years left on his Magpie contract and it is reported the Suns have offered a 4 year deal.

Fine lock in your future, but please can we not keep rolling out this family nonsense.
It’s a blight on the trading period I’ve always felt

The Petracca situation has really escalated. If what I have read is true, the relationship both ways has deteriorated. I can't see how he can possibly stay, but then I also don't know how a fair trade can get done.

His comment that he wants to play for a big Melbourne club in front of big crowds is not a favourable look for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Petracca situation has really escalated. If what I have read is true, the relationship both ways has deteriorated. I can't see how he can possibly stay, but then I also don't know how a fair trade can get done.

His comment that he wants to play for a big Melbourne club in front of big crowds is not a favourable look for him.
Yep, neither Collingwood (no draft picks) or Carlton (close to the salary cap) have leverage. This is where nominating a team in the trading period is the worst idea to come in during the trading period. It often leaves the original club short

Mid season tweak - change in time for setting up after decision to ball up
Don't think that is the best sampling given the difference of the ruckman positioning taking off 3-4 seconds from the stoppage time there. Definitely is quicker but i don't think its half as quick i think its like 3-4 seconds on average quicker

Mid season tweak - change in time for setting up after decision to ball up
Interesting proposition. Never the whole story of course but not without merit.
The following video on Jones vs Owies tackles was interesting too. Suspend both or neither.

Essendon? Hahahaha!
Reckon he's stuck.
He's stuck because he is on a long deal and because he is on his day absolutely unstoppable and the best in the comp. To the point that idk if he even officially put a trade request how much difference it would make to his value. Because lesser players putting in a request tank their value whereas i think theoretically he is too valuable to tank it.

What happened? Was it the injury incident? Melbourne forced him back out on the ground or something?

What happened? Was it the injury incident? Melbourne forced him back out on the ground or something?
And then 9 hours later he almost died on the operating table if i remember correctly. So something to do with responsibility and club culture is probably the reason he wants out rather than this playing infront of big crowds or to increase his brand nonsense

Who are you to question a players family situation

And then 9 hours later he almost died on the operating table if i remember correctly. So something to do with responsibility and club culture is probably the reason he wants out rather than this playing infront of big crowds or to increase his brand nonsense
The playing in front of big crowds is probably his way of saying he wants to limit his trade to the big Vic clubs I guess.

If your reason for leaving a club is that you nearly died, surely it's an untenable situation and Melbourne need to get it done.

Something is seriously wrong with the club and it obviously starts at the top, but when you've got dramas with Oliver and then Petracca, there's definitely cultural issues there.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back