No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Just looking at the remaining fixtures for some of the sides currently in the 8.

Essendon play at either Marvel or MCG for the next 8 weeks, with their only interstate trip vs Brisbane in the last round.

Collingwood have 7 of their remaining 9 games at the MCG with the other two being trips to QLD and the SCG.

Carlton also have 7 of their remaining 9 games at either Marvel or MCG with the other two at Optus and ENGIE.

Meanwhile you look at a club like GWS who have to play in 6 different stadiums in their last 9 games including places like Canberra and Ballarat.

You can't convince me otherwise that that trio of Victorian clubs aren't well looked after in regards to their fixture.

Last edited:
The draw is stuffed and designed to make the most money. There are plenty of anomalies in the draw. We’ll have played GWS and Fremantle twice before we play North, Saints, Brisbane or Port for the first time. It is what it is.

AFL can’t find a solution for the draw but overnight can change the rules around bids on academy players.

I am in the minority but I find their social media to be cringe. They never once talk about the supposed area they represent or anything of importance. It’s just goody memes trying to get "kids these days" interested in following them.

They stand for nothing and it shows in their cartoonish existence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To be fair that’s not the first time someone’s posted something a bit glib and superficial on the internet.

Citizen Kane may be the worst appointment to the VFL/AFL since Aylett and Hamilton.

She was pretty strong in the role last year. Think that's being pretty harsh on her.

I'm struggling to agree with Leigh here

Yeah it's a moot point since he is already over 30. Not a single club in the league will be offering him $1m/yr cap increase or not. I could see merit in it if he were 22 or 23 and produced yesterdays performance close to every week.

A person across managerial techniques who is often not all that interested or expert in the content or the actual product.
In my last year of work I got a major regional project up and running and had a very competent project manager picked out when the Regional Manufacturing Director decided that she could get rid of an incompetent Factory Manager onto me as the Project Manager and I was stuck with him. Classic Dunning-Krueger and exactly as you describe. My guys had to carry him for 18 months. Horrible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my last year of work I got a major regional project up and running and had a very competent project manager picked out when the Regional Manufacturing Director decided that she could get rid of an incompetent Factory Manager onto me as the Project Manager and I was stuck with him. Classic Dunning-Krueger and exactly as you describe. My guys had to carry him for 18 months. Horrible.

wonder what became of that morrison guy?

The Crows & Port want out of the SANFL. Probably because the SANFL is too strong. They sit 2nd last & bottom of the table. In fact they are so in the nose Crows have won 2/10 & Port 1/10. If they think the VFL is a harder comp, how are they going to even be competitive when they are bottom of the SANFL?

I don't think the VFL is stronger than the SANFL. The top end is SANFL level but at the bottom they are not even close.

By the way Port were beaten 122-39 by Norwood, the top side, on the weekend.

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
The Crows & Port want out of the SANFL. Probably because the SANFL is too strong. They sit 2nd last & bottom of the table. In fact they are so in the nose Crows have won 2/10 & Port 1/10. If they think the VFL is a harder comp, how are they going to even be competitive when they are bottom of the SANFL?

I don't think the VFL is stronger than the SANFL. The top end is SANFL level but at the bottom they are not even close.

You don't think ! how would we ever know

I don't think it's because SANFL is too strong it's because of the restrictions over how they put together their SANFL side. Why would they want out of a strong competition? They want to be in a competition which will better develop their kids.

The Free kick tally at the halfway point of the season
I looked up our free-kick stats the other week out of interest. 2021 was the only season since 2000 that we've had a positive free-kick differential. Next time someone tries to say we're the umpires favourite...

Good on Tredrea for representing the members who voted him in, instead of lock stepping with the rest of Port's administration.

Good on Tredrea for representing the members who voted him in, instead of lock stepping with the rest of Port's administration.
He agreed with a caller who described Ken Hinkley as a con artist. Tredrea can empathise with a disgruntled Port fan but agreeing to that summation is ordinary.

Problem with being on the board and in the media.

He agreed with a caller who described Ken Hinkley as a con artist. Tredrea can empathise with a disgruntled Port fan but agreeing to that summation is ordinary.

Problem with being on the board and in the media.
He ran for the board after his views about the club's direction, and that Ken should go, were widely publicised.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back