No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

In the good old days we would have kept going.

One Of Us GIF

View attachment 2036935
Bad luck follows Darcy Moore. Another player accidentally taken out by a football accident from one of his knees.
Dont you just want someone to sit the ball on Moores head and watched a +100kg player take him out. Id also love to see that same +100kg player attempt a smother (and touch the ball so all is legal) and absolutely smash Maynard..
Those two are fast catching up to Oliver in the 'Most Punchable Face' trophy

Harry appreciation posts, Lewis Young trade requests and corporate tax avoidance skullduggery.

All quality content.

All of it is about as useful and relevant as the other things that get posted on here.

I like Darcy Moore. I don't think he is deliberately trying to go out there to injure opponents. It's something he's naturally doing that he needs to change.

Calls for players to run through him etc are a bit tasteless imo.

I like Darcy Moore. I don't think he is deliberately trying to go out there to injure opponents. It's something he's naturally doing that he needs to change.

One incident is an accident, two is deliberate. If ye knows what he's doing and especially after petraccas injury, I'm not sure you can claim its not deliberate.

How many years has he been playing and how often has it happened? Jury is out methinks.
Isn't that more a case for it being deliberate than just part of his marking action?

One incident is an accident, two is deliberate. If ye knows what he's doing and especially after petraccas injury, I'm not sure you can claim its not deliberate.
Interesting that when Parker bumped that fella in the VFL (He didn't go high and had his back to him) the media was making claims that Parker was frustrated and his frustration resulted in that 'illegal bump' (thought it was more of a strong block personally)
But when Moore (captain of Collingwood) ends the season of now 2 players, all while his form is terrible and his team is beginning to lose,, theres no talk of frustration and/or dirty play. ??

Dont like conspiracy theories, but dont like collingwood more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely after knowing what Petracca is going though, would you not feel a little bit hesitant about how you go about it for a while

He’s 203cm and a 100kg. It’s a lot of power through his knee when he (legally) puts the knee into a players back to get the leverage to spoil.

Surely after knowing what Petracca is going though, would you not feel a little bit hesitant about how you go about it for a while
You would have thought so.

Moore is going knee first into his opponent, how is it different to players , including the great Adam Goodes, going in leg first, or Greene karate kick.

Put a guy in hospital and he keeps doing it, waiting for someone to lose a kidney? should be a free kick at least, why do you need to go in with the knee.

You just go up and spoil. He may well do it to protect himself, but still

Just jump up

IMG_0755.jpeg

It happened to Darcy Cameron this week at training by another pie , not Moore , it's part of the game , move on

No coincidence that these injuries to players have coincided with Moore's poor form and lack of timing. I suspect he has had the same action for most his career but when his timing was right the knee would have been across the opponents back, preventing injury. With his recent habit of mistiming jumps, running under the ball or arriving late to contests, his opponents are in different positions and therefore the point of contact is no longer in the 'safe' part of the back.

A compelling counterpoint.
I'm not here to debate with you SM. Simply to state my opinion & add to the discussion (not "debate")... If you disagree that's fine. I really don't see any need to reply any further.

IMO not everything needs to be a debate or argument... People are aloud to just discuss stuff on here mate.

* gasp *

I'm not here to debate with you SM. Simply to state my opinion & add to the discussion (not "debate")... If you disagree that's fine. I really don't see any need to reply any further.

IMO not everything needs to be a debate or argument... People are aloud to just discuss stuff on here mate.

* gasp *

My point was actually that you weren't 'discussing'. Essentially saying "I think this and I don't care what you say" isn't a discussion, it's actually the definition of the opposite. Which is fine, you do you, but engaging me and replying to me only to essentially say you have no interest in discussing the issue makes your involvement in the discussion rather redundant. Call it a debate, argument, or discussion, it's really the same thing. To say you want to discuss but not debate something is a distinction without a difference.

My point was actually that you weren't 'discussing'. Essentially saying "I think this and I don't care what you say" isn't a discussion, it's actually the definition of the opposite. Which is fine, you do you, but engaging me and replying to me only to essentially say you have no interest in discussing the issue makes your involvement in the discussion rather redundant. Call it a debate, argument, or discussion, it's really the same thing. To say you want to discuss but not debate something is a distinction without a difference.

let's not bicker and argue about who killed who

Remove this Banner Ad

Back