No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

No idea but you would think a discussion would have been had long before today. I would think Simpson has been hanging by a thread for a while now, not that I really see why.
Only reason Simpson was not sacked a year ago was the big contract he got and something to do with them not wanting to pay the value of the contract at the time. Guessing it might have had some cap implications as well and now that another year has passed they are moving him on

I doubt anything will happen and if nothing happens, Tom Gossage should apologise. About time the media are held to account if they get something wrong.

He's been sacked.

Simpson gone but he coached a side that not only stopped a Richmond 4-peat and a Buckley flag. A true Hall of Famer in my book
Didn't buckley stop the Richmond 4 peat?

I don't get he decision to sack him now. It should have been done a year ago, all they've done is pushed their rebuild further back
Just read that it was the tax of paying out contracts was halved from 20% --> 10% and thus with another year down it became significantly cheaper to sack him. I don't know if this rule came into effect at the start of the season or the new financial year as this is just a week or so after the new financial year started

Given the window we’re in, I can’t see Horse wanting to vacate his position anytime soon… so I think we’re now likely to lose Coxy , which is a shame 🤷‍♂️

Of course it does

You would expect Pyke is well aware of Dean Cox's situation. Cannot imagine they flicked Simpson without knowing Cox's intentions for next year.

We'll have a very motivated second bidder for Warner now, Freo not the only hat in the ring. Hard to imagine he stays... especially as it feels (to me) like Reid is unlikely to sign another contract, the draft capital is available.

Personally, I think their best chance (only chance) of keeping Reid is massive team change and a couple of huge trades. They need a big breeze to sweep the cobwebs out. Fresh start with a new focus

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would expect Pyke is well aware of Dean Cox's situation. Cannot imagine they flicked Simpson without knowing Cox's intentions for next year.

We'll have a very motivated second bidder for Warner now, Freo not the only hat in the ring. Hard to imagine he stays... especially as it feels (to me) like Reid is unlikely to sign another contract, the draft capital is available.

Personally, I think their best chance (only chance) of keeping Reid is massive team change and a couple of huge trades. They need a big breeze to sweep the cobwebs out. Fresh start with a new focus
Someone on SEN has just said Cox is 100% going to be the next WCE coach. Like all new coaches, he would have a shopping list of players with Chad at the very top. Chad and Cox would also have a very close working (if not personal) relationship given he's been our midfield coach for a long time now.

Someone on SEN has just said Cox is 100% going to be the next WCE coach. Like all new coaches, he would have a shopping list of players with Chad at the very top. Chad and Cox would also have a very close working (if not personal) relationship given he's been our midfield coach for a long time now.
I heard that , it was someone a reporter . So many will say this so no need and i think it was Campbell Brown

Fair points but I think Chad's relationships with Errol & co are much stronger than with Coxy.

I reckon the only scenario where he may be more inclined to leave post 2025 is if we win the flag this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back