No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Grundy sorted Xerri out today so not him. De Koning is a downhill skier. Marshall the best of those three. Grundy a big chance.
Not sure they decide it on head to head otherwise Marshall has Grundy covered.

Not sure they decide it on head to head otherwise Marshall has Grundy covered.
Not solely but the body of work is an accumulation of the individual games. Marshall is IMO by far the best of the three you mentioned but Grundy has been very consistent and has had a big impact on the workings of his midfield. Not sure that Marshall has as good a body of work as Grundy over the season so far. Time will tell.

I have never cared more about the result of a round 18 match up. **** I hope the Dees crush the bombers. They need a ****in ego check and losing a game they should clearly win (no Gawn no Petracca) would bring me endless joy
the sopranos smoking GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs might bring the Cats back to reality, not convinced Geelong are much better than Essendon.
It’s hard to be convinced by any of our challengers at the moment. That’s not to say I think we’re certainties to win the premiership but it’s really hard to pick out which teams are most likely to challenge us when it matters.

A couple of weeks ago the media was right on Collingwood and Carlton as coming right at the right time. But while we were in our “form slump” (losing two games by a combined margin of one goal) both those teams have suffered convincing losses. And yes, the Pies do have injury issues but it’s not clear how many of those will resolve themselves in the short to medium term, and they don’t totally explain the way they’ve been playing.

Now it’s Geelong who are back on track. But for how long? And how much of it is contingent on Dangerfield’s fragile hamstrings.

Brisbane are playing a lot better than at the start of the season (doh!). They can score quickly but their defence (all over the ground) is questionable, and they’re as reliant as we are (more reliant) on short bursts. Next week will tell us a lot, but even if the Lions win, I’m not convinced they’d necessarily repeat that in September, or away from the Gabba. Nonetheless, they do have the kind of forward line to trouble us if our midfield isn’t firing.

Bulldogs are wildly inconsistent from week to week. Ditto Port.

For several seasons I’ve thought Melbourne were a team that relies heavily on its top half dozen players. With Oliver ordinary all year (unsurprisingly given his lack of preseason) I’ve been quite impressed by how they’ve regrouped since Petracca’s injury, and to win yesterday without Gawn too (and no replacement ruckman) was admirable. But I doubt they’ll have the weapons to do much in September, even assuming Gawn returns.

Freo are good when they can play the game on their terms but lack dare and versatility. Despite them controlling the style of our recent encounter and our fumbles and mistakes, we really should have still won that game. I’d back us to win eight times out of ten against them.

Yer but there is a ton of hoops for them to jump through to meet us on GF day.

While odds are increasing we will face either one of Carlton/Geelong

If they win today they're 4th or 5th. Not many 'hoops'.

Brisbane win today and beat us they probably have a fair shake at second

i just don't see geelong as a genuine threat, but it's hard to identify any team as being "the one" to beat us if we're at our best
our best is quite clearly the best in the competition, there are question marks over every other contender, consistency being the main one
the giants, c'wood, carlton, essendon, melbourne, bulldogs, geelong, fremantle and brisbane, and even port, have all recorded important, impressive wins then been strangely, unexpectedly exposed
we have been consistently better, for longer, across the season ... as has been posted several times, we are our own biggest dangers, and one thing i took from yesterday's win was the effect of leadership mills and parker seemed to bring
i've been a huge fan of how we've played, with the players we've used, from the first game, and certainly regards parker i wasn't at all sure he'd fit in
i think i'm pretty sure now, and i think the intent he showed in his tackling as soon as he was on the field yesterday exemplified it
it was a real "steady the ship" game yesterday, and mills and parker were a big part of that

I mean even GWS should win the next two and are back pushing for top 4, Port aren't out of it.

I think we just hopefully sit back while 2-14 just keep randomly beating each other, Lions losing today and next week would be good. Dogs beat cats, then we beat Dogs etc

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back