No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I hear Brisbane will be trying the ‘not quite such a good bloke as we thought he was, but he makes us laugh ’ defence.

If only Heeney’s team had thought of it.
Dear AFL

Our revenues (and hence yours) will be impacted if we can’t play Country Roads & watch a bloke ride an air motorbike.

Love, The Lions

Case dismissed. Mr Cameron is free to play.
PS: he’s still a really good bloke too.

Last edited:
I feel the AFL's hands are tied with regards to how they approach acts that lead to concussions. With ex players lining up to sue them, they have to be seen to be taking a hard line. Unfortunately what that will mean is tackling to the ground will go the way of slinging and off the ball hits ie if you are going to do this and a concussion results, expect a suspension. As a result, I think we will start to see less force and impact in tackles and more "bear hug" type tackles, similar to how U10 and below tackle in junior footy here in Qld.

I think this is a shame as I love the big hits but once the lawyers start circling, the administrators will make their decisions based on trying to keep the vultures at bay. Happens in all industries and facets of life so it's unrealistic to expect AFL to be any different.

“Dear AFL

Our revenues (and hence yours) will be impacted if we can’t play Country Roads & watch a bloke ride an air motorbike.

Love, The Lions”

Case dismissed. Mr Cameron is free to play.
PS: he’s still a really good bloke too.
As a regular at the Gabba, I can attest to the boost the players get from the crowd singing Country Roads. It's a fairly regular occurrence for the Lions to kick a quick second after Cameron kicks one, often before the crowd has even finished singing Country Roads. Definitely in our favour for him not to be there.

No he only seems to post them when they win. Funny that :think:

Oh he is done for the year then:p

I think the Crows win Friday and I predict the Suns will get their interstate win against Essendon too.

The majority of players seem to be baffled by the MRO decisions and seem to be happy enough to accept the inherent risk of playing a contact sport.

But the reality is there will be players in retirement who will change their minds and sue the AFL, which is what is starting to happen now. AFL has no choice.

The majority of players seem to be baffled by the MRO decisions and seem to be happy enough to accept the inherent risk of playing a contact sport.

But the reality is there will be players in retirement who will change their minds and sue the AFL, which is what is starting to happen now. AFL has no choice.

Get the players to sign off that they won't sue the AFL and they accept the risks of taking the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People sign contracts all the time only to sue the very thing the contract was designed to put in place.

Some things off the top of my head
  • 17 yr olds wouldn't be able to sign
  • argue the AFL didn't put enough care in to hold up their responsibilities
  • just sue a player instead?

I didn't think 17 year olds could be drafted?

One of the Bombers flogs on X was trying to complain McKay should have got a holding free. Pretty much told him McKay is soft as butter and massively squibbed it before flopping like a bitch.
Absolutely, their fans should be dirty that he didn't attack the ball hard enough instead of attempting to take the easy way out and play for a free kick. Soft play should not be rewarded, especially a guy of his size.

Get the players to sign off that they won't sue the AFL and they accept the risks of taking the field.
That is the best idea moving forward, but then of course, we will have the lawyers saying they were too young and didn't understand what they were signing 🤷

Lay a field made of Nerf, it's the only way!

That is the best idea moving forward, but then of course, we will have the lawyers saying they were too young and didn't understand what they were signing 🤷

Lay a field made of Nerf, it's the only way!

Nah, replace the field with a giant trampoline.

Get the players to sign off that they won't sue the AFL

Not a lawyer, but that sounds like an unenforceable clause.

Same as those non-compete clauses companies put in contracts.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back