No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Now AFL is moving the doggies AFLW opening to be a double header with the Dogs, Hawks final.

God they are incompetent.
Incompetent but it might work out for the AFLW because they might be able to get a decent crowd figure in which would help with their expansion crowd quota needs

Apropos of nothing...

Long but I really enjoyed it...

Cheers for the heads up, will listen to it on my run this arvo. Think there's a lot of groupthink when it comes to Cornes. He's not perfect and has his blind spots but I find him one of the most listenable in the industry because he actually says something different and what he thinks.

The push for a wildcard format, the the two seasons of VFL so far the 3 wild card winners have all been flogged the following week. The 4th game is tomorrow. Interesting to see and if nothing else, it validates the system without a wildcard.

The push for a wildcard format, the the two seasons of VFL so far the 3 wild card winners have all been flogged the following week. The 4th game is tomorrow. Interesting to see and if nothing else, it validates the system without a wildcard.
Defence apparently not a priority in the Southport v Frankston game today.

Frankston kick 16.7.103 and lose by 92 points!! :eekv1:
(Southport 30.15.195).

(FWIW highest ever combined score in the VFL/AFL was 345 (Melb 21.15.141 LOST to St Kilda 31.18.204 at MCG 1978).

Apropos of nothing...

Long but I really enjoyed it...

Really good listen, a lot of stuff I'd picked up over the years of listening to him on SEN but some really good stuff in there both from a personal and professional perspective.

Defence apparently not a priority in the Southport v Frankston game today.

Frankston kick 16.7.103 and lose by 92 points!! :eekv1:
(Southport 30.15.195).

(FWIW highest ever combined score in the VFL/AFL was 345 (Melb 21.15.141 LOST to St Kilda 31.18.204 at MCG 1978).
Imagine the fun of watching your side kick 21 goals and have 36 scoring shots only to loose by 10 goals.

Imagine the fun of watching your side kick 21 goals and have 36 scoring shots only to loose by 10 goals.

What was that game v North where Zurhaar or someone kicked like 8 goals on us but we belted them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grundy, JJ & Adams get an early W for their post-season moves, their previous clubs failed to make finals.

Same would have gone for Hamling if he made the team, but the jury is still out on his decision.

Oh thank god for this. FINALLY an update on Lachlan Murphy's relationship status! I was beginning to get worried!!

IMG_3766.jpeg

Oh thank god for this. FINALLY an update on Lachlan Murphy's relationship status! I was beginning to get worried!!

View attachment 2099600

I’m originally from Adelaide (40 years ago) - the thing I used to notice whenever I went back was how ‘provincial’ the press is/was.

In 99, after Norf’s demolition of Carlton - on the Sunday, guess what the old Sunday Mail Newspaper bullet boards carried…..

“Next year it’s the Crows”.

I mean seriously……🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

What’s with D.Barrett’s hard on for Petracca? He has been absolutely roasting him with the brand pretacca shit..

Has Christian done something personally to him..? Seems a bit personal and excessive

Good morning all, today is the day - its been 20 years since the Bombers won a final.
Teams that have won a premiership since the last time Bombers won a final:

Collingwood x2
Geelong x4
Melbourne
Richmond x3
West Coast x2
Western bulldogs
Hawthorn x4
Sydney x2
Port Adelaide

Teams that have made a grand final since Bombers have won a final.

Brisbane
GWS
Adelaide
St Kilda
Fremantle

14 of the 18 teams have made a grand final since the last time Bombers have won a final. That's extraordinary mediocrity.

Carlton. North & GC the other mediocre teams who haven't managed to go beyond a prelim. Essendon well and truly take the W here.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back