Geelong x4
Melbourne
Richmond x3
West Coast x2
Western bulldogs
Hawthorn x4
Sydney x2
Port Adelaide

Teams that have made a grand final since Bombers have won a final.

Brisbane
GWS
Adelaide
St Kilda
Fremantle

14 of the 18 teams have made a grand final since the last time Bombers have won a final. That's extraordinary mediocrity.

Carlton. North & GC the other mediocre teams who haven't managed to go beyond a prelim. Essendon well and truly take the W here.
It truly is unbelievable. It will be a sad, sad day when the streak is broken 💔

OK I am an unapologetic Nick Daicos fan. I think he seems like a good kid and a pretty fair player who unfairly cops it from fans because he plays for Collingwood, the media's lovefest with him is annoying, and he's arguably the best player in the comp.

But his inclusion as one of the two finalists for the Goal of the Year is absolutely laughable.

Edit: Millky95 beat me to the punch!

Can someone please make a montage of Swans players scoring goals with multiple possessions in the chain?

Not that it isn't impressive, but off the top of my head I can recall Warner, Heeney, Cunningham, Rowbottom, Gulden, Blakey, McInerney and Lloyd all doing it. And that's just the current players.

Blakey's or Campbells goals on the run from outside 50 were better than this, just a popularity contest now
Now? Hasn't it always been voted on by the public?

Still not over Max Gawn's drop punt from 50 out against the Lions last year. One of the most magnificent kicks I have ever seen.

Can someone please make a montage of Swans players scoring goals with multiple possessions in the chain?

Not that it isn't impressive, but off the top of my head I can recall Warner, Heeney, Cunningham, Rowbottom, Gulden, Blakey, McInerney and Lloyd all doing it. And that's just the current players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And all 3 goals are the same. Not a single shot from the boundary?
The second Daicos goal is a good goal. To kick accurately after running at top pace for that distance is impressive. The first goal seems a completely 'meh' goal. I find it hard to believe I couldn't find a few dozen similar goals across the season, complete with fluffed kick partway through the sequence.

Even the second, good though it is, is no more exciting and skillful than goals were players have weaved and dodged through traffic and snapped from an angle.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back