No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Got a feeling they are underrated this year

Imo they will go deep this time

Yeah I'm just guessing, Been better than Geelong , but just a gut feeling the cats will fluke their way through

every team, at some point over an extended period, seems to face a "salary cap squeeze", or are the subject of stories suggesting "they can't afford to keep all their stars", sydney is one team that seems to cop it every few years ... not geelong ... never geelong ... and yet they're always one of the first "destination" teams mentioned when stars are leaving those other clubs ... i have no facts, figures or evidence ... but geez ... i friggin hate geelong

every team, at some point over an extended period, seems to face a "salary cap squeeze", or are the subject of stories suggesting "they can't afford to keep all their stars", sydney is one team that seems to cop it every few years ... not geelong ... never geelong ... and yet they're always one of the first "destination" teams mentioned when stars are leaving those other clubs ... i have no facts, figures or evidence ... but geez ... i friggin hate geelong
Because of their rigid salary structure I guess.

Geelong only had 4 more inside 50s. I think Port really missed Houston and Farrel. Both good defenders who use the ball well and provide so much rebound. They were all at sea when the ball went inside 50 and the small forwards took full advantage, Stengle and Mannagh, 4 & 3 goals.
I’m not saying that having them there would have changed the result because they were outplayed all across the park.
However it’s reminds me of how average we were when we had a few defenders (Melican and Rampe) down 5 or 6 weeks ago. 🤞 our defence can stay fit - it’s crucial.

Think Hawks winning would be better and then go lose to Port.

But I would tip the Dogs to murder them
to be honest

Nah I think Port beat Dogs but lose to Hawks.

Think Hawks winning would be better and then go lose to Port.

But I would tip the Dogs to murder them
to be honest
Bulldogs form over the last 3 weeks hasn't been as hot as people would like to believe.

Lost comfortably to Adelaide, beat the wooden spooners but did get over the Giants.

Hawks in a similar spot, beat last and second last and took over an injury hammered Carlton

Bulldogs on their best can take anyone but they're even more susceptible than us to just not turn up

Bulldogs form over the last 3 weeks hasn't been as hot as people would like to believe.

Lost comfortably to Adelaide, beat the wooden spooners but did get over the Giants.

Hawks in a similar spot, beat last and second last and took over an injury hammered Carlton

Bulldogs on their best can take anyone but they're even more susceptible than us to just not turn up

Dogs are also terrible in Adelaide for whatever reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Semi Finals are the same every year - Everyone talks up the winner of the elimination final and dismisses the loser of the qualifying final only for them to win 90% of the time

I suppose difference this year is a team like the Lions are basically a top 4 team in all but name so if they were to win they're not as much of an outsider as some 5-8 teams are.

Semi Finals are the same every year - Everyone talks up the winner of the elimination final and dismisses the loser of the qualifying final only for them to win 90% of the time
True, though Port went out in straight sets last year and have struggled in finals against anyone that isn't Geelong (and they can't even claim that any more).

I suppose difference this year is a team like the Lions are basically a top 4 team in all but name so if they were to win they're not as much of an outsider as some 5-8 teams are.
Yeah this could end up being the year where the hype is justified.

I've not seen a more shameless middle-finger to his club than Bailey Smith promoting the event he's going to be at for his drinks company... on the day of the grand final... which his current team might be in.

Clearly he is out the door, but if I were the Bulldogs I'd hold him to his obligation to be both at the game and the post-GF event the club will host (if they make it.)

I've not seen a more shameless middle-finger to his club than Bailey Smith promoting the event he's going to be at for his drinks company... on the day of the grand final... which his current team might be in.

Clearly he is out the door, but if I were the Bulldogs I'd hold him to his obligation to be both at the game and the post-GF event the club will host (if they make it.)
In before people say we should pick him up.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back