No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Shocked GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Phil Davis talking about it now on SEN

They’ve beaten us in 3 consecutive finals before this, how much more of a winning experience do they need to provide, short of winning a premiership?
Forget wins over us - Do you think a GWS fan is as assured of seeing their team win on any given day as a Swans supporter is?

Also, do you think GWS provides the same sort of ‘game day atmosphere’ as the Swans do at the SCG?

Last edited:
Forget wins over us - Do you think a GWS fan is as assured of seeing their team win on any given day as a Swans supporter is?

Also, do you think GWS provides the same sort of ‘game day atmosphere’ as the Swans do at the SCG?
That last is IMO very important. I don't mean all the promotional stuff so much as the "vibe". I attend every home game and the atmosphere is unfailingly positive and pleasant. Excitement is real.
The vibe at GWS games is manufactured, not organic. It makes a difference.

Er, yes, just about. They've been just as competitive as us over the last 5 years.

That last is IMO very important. I don't mean all the promotional stuff so much as the "vibe". I attend every home game and the atmosphere is unfailingly positive and pleasant. Excitement is real.
Something organic by nature means it has to grow naturally and it will in time for them. When the kids now who are fans are older you get a whole generation who've grown up knowing only gws.

Glad you picked up on it - by ‘winning experience’ I didn’t mean just winning - I meant a celebratory culture based on enjoying the process of winning - that’s why Swans attendances are so healthy - people enjoy being there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back