No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

What are the odds that one of the boys that are leaving snitched on them.
I heard it may be a partner of one of the players……

The AFL isn't responsible for solving world hunger or a ceasefire in Gaza.

The fact that it was a private function and someone felt strongly enough to blow the whistle is a clue.

Do you think that nothing is out of bounds at a company Christmas party?
In modern society, there are those who delight in taking offence.

This sounds like a perennially offended type deciding to dob on people having a bit of politically incorrect but legal fun at a private party.

And if that’s the case - my view is that suspensions are unfair & quite frankly, a disgrace.

If more sinister details come to light, I’ll have a different view - but for now, it reeks of faux-outrage.

This sounds like a perennially offended type deciding to dob on people having a bit of politically incorrect but legal fun at a private party.

And if that’s the case - my view is that suspensions are unfair & quite frankly, a disgrace.

If more sinister details come to light, I’ll have a different view - but for now, it reeks of faux-outrage.
It's a disgrace when you've got no idea whatsoever what the behaviour might have been?

Given some of the popular stories in the media at the moment it doesn't require much imagination to see how badly this may have gone.

It's a disgrace when you've got no idea whatsoever what the behaviour might have been?

Given some of the popular stories in the media at the moment it doesn't require much imagination to see how badly this may have gone.
It was a “celebrity couples” dress up party & nothing illegal occurred, nor did it involve any members of the public.

That much has been reported.

But anyway, I’ll pipe down on this now - as we may (or may not) get more detail down the track. And I hate it when get myself all riled up over these things.

The good news - it’s going to hurt GWS. I can only imagine how p*ssed off the playing group will be with the club, if they dole out suspensions viewed as corporate moral posturing.

Probably not worth going heavy on the framing when we don't really know what it was.

There's certain things with different connotations that don't personally offend/hurt me, aside from the stupidity and lack of empathy of it, but I could see why it would be a personal problem for some, particularly in a social event for work. And that's only if it's aesthetics and not behaviour (which is also reported).

If it's at a hotel, even if it's a private event, it's in public though.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back