No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Michael Christian on SEN talking about his horse in the Everest somehow started talking about Heeney , saying he had to look at the act and not worry where he could be in the Brownlow , lets hope Bella Nipotina runs last
He should be sacked

I don't think you understand what private means in the context of events. This was NOT accessible to the public. Stop trying to say the public could be there. If we governed this world with what COULD happen nothing would or should be allowed.

The skit in question was done AFTER staff left the venue. It was players only in the room. That has been widely reported so please don't misrepresent there could have been anyone other than players there, because there weren't. It was 1 bartender that wants his/her 15 minutes of fame, nothing more, nothing less. Do I think anything of the skit in question? No, I don't care for it and it's not something I would do. This continuous attempts at trying to "get" people is tiring. Save it for the actual things people should be pulled up on.

Again, no one can answer why players are getting fined and/or suspended for something that 1 person (allegedly) found offensive, but players can pass out at a public venue and be carried out due to coke and alcohol and then transported to the emergency room and not 1 thing is done. Yet Toby Greene (take the hatred for him out) is fined $20k for literally doing nothing. Make it make sense.
I don't profess to know all the details, nor can any of us.

But I agree that its become absurd when a bloke can get a $20,000 fine for "doing nothing" (which apparently now is a sin in its own right), when the AFL turns a completely blind eye to the Stengle-type scenarios.

To me, it just reeks of selective big-corporate moral posturing.

I'm no Toby Greene fan, but I imagine he'd be absolutely fuming.

Anyway, there'll be a diverse range of views on this one - as is already evidenced. And I do respect the range of views.

Last edited:
I don't profess to know all the details, nor can any of us.

But I agree that its become absurd when a bloke can get a $20,000 fine for "doing nothing" (which apparently now is a sin in its own right), when the AFL turns a completely blind eye to the Stengle-type scenarios.

To me, it just reeks of selective big-corporate moral posturing.

I'm no Toby Greene fan, but I imagine he'd be absolutely fuming.

Anyway, there'll be a diverse range of views on this one - as is already evidenced. And I do respect the range of views.
Absolutely.

I expect the AFLPA to come out when the dust settles. Think what you want about Toby (I HATE things he does on the field) but no one can with a straight face say he should be sanctioned for, nothing.

I don't think you understand what private means in the context of events. This was NOT accessible to the public. Stop trying to say the public could be there. If we governed this world with what COULD happen nothing would or should be allowed.

The skit in question was done AFTER staff left the venue. It was players only in the room. That has been widely reported so please don't misrepresent there could have been anyone other than players there, because there weren't. It was 1 bartender that wants his/her 15 minutes of fame, nothing more, nothing less. Do I think anything of the skit in question? No, I don't care for it and it's not something I would do. This continuous attempts at trying to "get" people is tiring. Save it for the actual things people should be pulled up on.
None of this actually addresses my post.

Venue staff were/could have been there. Members of the public could walk in or by, again, as I said, if there wasn't security at the door.

Behaviour should absolutely be judged on what COULD reasonably happen.

My point about staff "having been" present (I misrepresented nothing) was that it was clearly a work related function and continued being a work related function even if the remaining attendees were players who work together.

Also, who is the bartender?

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back