No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL wow what are the odds, all the depth players received suspensions and the best 22 regulars just fines.

Can we please throw Dillon and Kane and anyone loyal to them in the bin
Either extremely lucky dodged by the AFL or that it was just the 6 involved with the skits and everyone on the leadership team that was present got a 5k fine

Leadership team in the article below

Either extremely lucky dodged by the AFL or that it was just the 6 involved with the skits and everyone on the leadership team that was present got a 5k fine

Leadership team in the article below

With the dot points on the skits i'm surprised that Idun and Whitfield didn't get a suspension, but seems right that they got suspensions

Let me get this right -

Connor Idun gets sanctioned for dressing up as a black guy from a movie.

A bunch of players get sanctioned for doing nothing.

The person who complained wasn’t even there - they only saw CCTV footage.

And the head of a large corporation (the AFL) once again gets up and lectures us all on morality.

To top it all off: the Giants initially let it slide, but are now frantically issuing weasely corporate-speak statements to try and leap to the side of moral righteousness.

Pathetic on all counts - players, AFL and the Giants.

I only hope the fines go to an appropriate charity, not the AFL’s pockets.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let me get this right -

Connor Idun gets sanctioned for dressing up as a black guy from a movie.

A bunch of players get sanctioned for doing nothing.

The person who complained wasn’t even there - they only saw CCTV footage.

And the head of a large corporation (the AFL) once again gets up and lectures us all on morality.

To top it all off: the Giants initially let it slide, but are now frantically issuing weasely corporate-speak statements to try and leap to the side of moral righteousness.

Pathetic on all counts - players, AFL and the Giants.

I only hope the fines go to an appropriate charity, not the AFL’s pockets.
Is that really what you took from the dot point about Idun? Unless he wasn't a willing participant.

Offensive, yes.

Ill advised, yes.

Sanction worthy?

IMO no. Was a closed off event, from what I have read no staff in the room.

Sure education, fines, etc etc but suspensions? Yeah, do not agree

Is that really what you took from the dot point about Idun? Unless he wasn't a willing participant.
I just don’t know anymore.

Passing out at 2am in a nightclub is apparently fine in AFL-land, but a black guy dressing up as a black guy and enacting a scene from a movie isn’t.

I must just be too old & don’t get it.

I just don’t know anymore.

Passing out at 2am in a nightclub is apparently fine in AFL-land, but a black guy dressing up as a black guy and enacting a scene from a movie isn’t.

I must just be too old & don’t get it.
The AFL acknowledged that, but said the particular skit characterising slavery wasn't acceptable. If he was just doing what you say he was, there's no problem.

Offensive, yes.

Ill advised, yes.

Sanction worthy?

IMO no. Was a closed off event, from what I have read no staff in the room.

Sure education, fines, etc etc but suspensions? Yeah, do not agree

It’s a work function at the end of the day. If anyone makes those types of “skits” at a work function in their normal lives, they would be lucky to keep their job.

It’s a work function at the end of the day. If anyone makes those types of “skits” at a work function in their normal lives, they would be lucky to keep their job.

Context of said work function also needs to be considered.

It is an end of year club piss up.

If you want to compare functions, it would be more appropriate to compare it to Brownlow and BnFs.

Culture killing stuff the way the Giants just rolled over and didnt support their players.

Absolutely pathetic from all parties involved.
Incredibly hypocritical by the Giants.

Day 1: “we’ve investigated, it’s all OK”

Day 2: “this is deeply disturbing and doesn’t represent us blah blah blah”.

Nothing more than corporate weasels.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back