AFL Grand Final 2024 AFL Grand Final - South Melbourne v Fitzroy 🏆

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s why we have to keep pick 11 in this years draft, there are a couple that fit nicely into the range we’ll be drafting in.

Only real small forward we’ve got is Motlop, forget this year his season was destroyed by the HPT, he’s a good young footballer.

Little Durds is a mid, so is Fog and Owies is not a small forward type.

And Williams can play there to a level that’s better offensively than any of them but can’t stay on the park

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
To be honest teaguey I hope we don’t draft a small forward with pick 11.

Think a mid sized forward like a Fritsch, Brad Pearce type is a greater need in our forward line.

Was hoping Martin could fill that role not to be. Maybe Kemp could be the one?

Reckon the Norm Smith voting panel got seduced by Ashcroft's age. I thought Callum Ah Chee had more influence on the game...and I'm not a huge Lachie Neale fan, but I thought he was clearly more impactful. Ashcroft did some nice things...but he's often the middle link in passages of play.

Reckon the Norm Smith voting panel got seduced by Ashcroft's age. I thought Callum Ah Chee had more influence on the game...and I'm not a huge Lachie Neale fan, but I thought he was clearly more impactful. Ashcroft did some nice things...but he's often the middle link in passages of play.
Yep. My thoughts too.

This was my first live GF since 99, I love the game, the entertainment to me is meh. You want to see a band or performer, go to there concert or show, the game to me is and always will be paramount. Saturday afternoon is my number 1 timeslot, but I'm old school. The fanfare, the player introductions is all white noise and too American for me, the game is the entertainment.

The Australian anthem was sung really well, then the roar and excitement of the first bounce was great. Watching the first quarter, my son said to me, Sydney have stolen our game plan and are just bombing the ball in to their forwards, which is so unlike them. I rate their ball use as number 1 in the AFL :oops:

Brisbane were up and about and were all over Sydney. Sydney looked mentally burnt out, a game where no matter what you do, nothing comes to fruition, an unfortunate fate which doesn't belie their season (see Carlton 93)

Brisbane could have had 6 players who where there abouts for the Norm Smith, Lachie Neale, I'm not a fan, but geez he was good. Their midfield was enormous, feeding the forwards and pressuring the oppositions forward 50 entries.

In summary, I will probably go back to watching from home unless things fall into place for us.

Agreed, chose Ashcroft at the start of the last, said he would be the feel good story. He played well, but Neale was really good.

This was my first live GF since 99, I love the game, the entertainment to me is meh. You want to see a band or performer, go to there concert or show, the game to me is and always will be paramount. Saturday afternoon is my number 1 timeslot, but I'm old school. The fanfare, the player introductions is all white noise and too American for me, the game is the entertainment.

The Australian anthem was sung really well, then the roar and excitement of the first bounce was great. Watching the first quarter, my son said to me, Sydney have stolen our game plan and are just bombing the ball in to their forwards, which is so unlike them. I rate their ball use as number 1 in the AFL :oops:

Brisbane were up and about and were all over Sydney. Sydney looked mentally burnt out, a game where no matter what you do, nothing comes to fruition, an unfortunate fate which doesn't belie their season (see Carlton 93)

Brisbane could have had 6 players who where there abouts for the Norm Smith, Lachie Neale, I'm not a fan, but geez he was good. Their midfield was enormous, feeding the forwards and pressuring the oppositions forward 50 entries.

In summary, I will probably go back to watching from home unless things fall into place for us.

Might have helped if Longmire actually tried to change things up, you know like going man on man instead of staying with the zone defence for the whole fking game

The amount of marks Brissie took was absolutely ridiculous, and Longmire just let them do it….not sure what games he has watched of Brissie over the last 5 years but that’s exactly how they win 98% of their winning games

Might have helped if Longmire actually tried to change things up, you know like going man on man instead of staying with the zone defence for the whole fking game

The amount of marks Brissie took was absolutely ridiculous, and Longmire just let them do it….not sure what games he has watched of Brissie over the last 5 years but that’s exactly how they win 98% of their winning games

Yeah I think it would have been like moving deckchairs, Sydney didn't seem to have one winner on the day, it looked like they were running in moon boots

It was clear before the game that Brisbane would try and take a bunch of uncontested marks. Virtually every decent analyst I heard said the same thing...so I gather the Swans would have known that. But they continued to play off their man or persist with a zone structure. They clogged the corridor but gave Brisbane so much room to just keep chipping it around until they found someone loose in a dangerous position.

Was like watching a car crash in slow motion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What an entitled spoilt brat :rolleyes:

Need a hug from Fly Nicky!

“I’m so driven, it is going to suck to watch (Grand Final day). You need to bring yourself to do it, you need to feel that pain and make sure it doesn’t happen again.”

Neale will probably win the Gary Ayres Medal.

As at last week's Prelims:-

Leaderboard​

20 Isaac Heeney SYD
15 Jai Newcombe HAW
15 Dayne Zorko BL
13 Lachie Neale BL
10 Jase Burgoyne PORT
10 Max Holmes GEEL
9 Hugh McCluggage BL
7 Tom Green GWS
7 Jesse Hogan GWS
7 Shaun Mannagh GEEL
6 Oliver Florent SYD
6 Cameron Rayner BL
6 James Sicily HAW
6 Chad Warner SYD
5 Callum Ah Chee BL
5 Will Ashcroft BL
5 Jarrod Berry BL
5 Ryan Lester BL
5 Jake Lloyd SYD
5 Jordon Sweet PORT

Lachie Neale – Brisbane (26.5 votes)
Isaac Heeney – Sydney (20)
Will Ashcroft - Brisbane (18.5)
Jai Newcombe - Hawthorn (17)
Dayne Zorko - Brisbane (15)

Grand Final votes
Will Ashcroft (13.5 votes)
Lachie Neale (13.5)
Callum Ah Chee (7.5)
Kai Lohmann (6)
Brandon Starcevich (3)
Joe Daniher (1.5)

I would have given it to Ah Chee, hit the scoreboard and Blakey was non-existent

“Lizards love shelter and will always seek out hiding places to avoid predators.”

Nickname checks out.

Neale won the most possessions, others had real impact when it mattered.
See this is annoying by implication. nbooo.gif

I'm not taking away from how fab Wil is, but the implication of skewing it the way you have, diminshes the outstanding performance of Neale.
On 360, Gerard was plying his case and countering Rievolt, who was on the voting panel for N.S.
They showed a reel of tiny helpful moments instigated by Lachie. All of them mattered and helped bring victory.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final 2024 AFL Grand Final - South Melbourne v Fitzroy 🏆

Remove this Banner Ad

Back