Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 14: Brisbane Lions v St Kilda Saints, Friday 14th of June 7:40pm AEST, Gabba, Brisbane, Yugerra, Toorabul

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 11, 2008
Sunbury
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Sunbury Lions
Brisbane-vs-St-Kilda.png

It's 14th v 13th in this "both sides played finals recently right, WTF is going on and why do I not care at present" match, where one side is too busy swooning over another Ashcroft and "thank god my previous players found the opposite gender to have kids to prolong my relevance" and the other side is still searching for said relevance, and hope that it comes with maybe a top 4 pick in the national draft if the Crows were less shit...

Last attempts to beat the Lions have been fraught with "10 goals, what's 10 goals, I can only kick 9" and next question becomes which mid does Windy stand near since all of them can kind of pants ours? Next question being how many intercepts for a bloke named Harris?

All these questions and more such as why are we only getting the bye after this match when they've had two already, damn you Laura and your obvious bias! on Friday the 14th as to why the Lions are just that much better at present. Probably.

The line at around the Gabba, bet responsibly as margin at $4 is absurd but does point to pick 4 potential in this match.

And yes, I waited for the cheats to finish their spotlight, neither of us need this beauty being tarnished by that, we'll be doing fine by ourselves thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teams at at 13/6/24 1:53pm
1718268198523.png

Last edited:
Underdogs but it's a coin flip, we only lost by 12 last year over there, (before you say they kicked inaccurately, they often do, that's a reality and King wasn't playing (he was in stellar form late last year. Brisbane are average and we can take this one down and get our season alive again. Steele Windhager and Dow in the guts is elite, Battle in AA form, let's take the win.

Underdogs but it's a coin flip, we only lost by 12 last year over there, (before you say they kicked inaccurately, they often do, that's a reality and King wasn't playing (he was in stellar form late last year. Brisbane are average and we can take this one down and get our season alive again. Steele Windhager and Dow in the guts is elite, Battle in AA form, let's take the win.

Meanwhile……..on planet Earth…

Webster Wilkie Shoenmakers
Milera Battle Sinclair

Marshall Steele Dow Windy
Hill Wood

Butler Owens Henry
Higgins King Sharman

Clark, Wilson, Bonner, Cammaniti

Sub: Garcia

In: Shoenmakers, Sharman, Garcia
Out: Howard, Membrey, Ross
That’s probably about it.

I think a huge part of our scoring issues is around personnel and in particular big forwards.

Oppositions can basically set and forget their best backman on King and no one else ever puts pressure on. The one time we looked dangerous albeit against a weak opposition was when Hayes played against North and we had multiple big men putting pressure on. Caminiti is showing some good signs but he is so young. Membrey is really struggling. Sharman hasn't come on like we hoped this year.

It's a glaring weakness and we need to find a partner in crime for King. Higgins is doing well down there and it's good to have Butler back, hopefully we can find some way to make the forward line function over the second half of the season. But I feel that we need to look for a second tall over the trade period.

The good news is the midfield has really improved over the last few weeks.

I'd love to see Arie get a run but the temptation will be to play Cordy with their tall forwards.

It feels like a really tough time of the year to get Brisbane up there, I'll be surprised if we get within five goals of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Garcia, Schoey, Sharman
Out: Ross, Dougald, Membrey

I wouldn’t be surprised if Campbell comes in to give Marshall a solid 2 week break with the bye coming up, or Cordy in for Dougs instead of Schoey.

If we’re serious about the kids, I think Arie deserves a game, which provides a back up option for next year if indeed Battle departs.

Garcia was very unlucky to be dropped to begin with, his numbers around F50 in terms of pressure were quite reasonable, and has backed that up in the VFL without mid minutes.

So is Crouch fit enough to play? What’s the story with his knee?
Arguably our best mid.
Seems odd to keep him out of the afl lineup unless something is not right.
Given he’s averaging around 34 disposals it seems even stranger.

Wilson looks like he could possibly use a break. Obviously the bye is a week away so it's not dire, but I'd consider giving him this week so he can have a two week break to really reset and launch into back end of the year.

Wilson looks like he could possibly use a break. Obviously the bye is a week away so it's not dire, but I'd consider giving him this week so he can have a two week break to really reset and launch into back end of the year.
I won't be surprised if Wilson is in the same boat as Pou was last year. That is, he plays every game unless injured. Last year posters were always calling for Pou to be rested but RTB thought otherwise. Wilson might be the same unless his form tapers significantly.

View attachment 2015519

It's 14th v 13th in this "both sides played finals recently right, WTF is going on and why do I not care at present" match, where one side is too busy swooning over another Ashcroft and "thank god my previous players found the opposite gender to have kids to prolong my relevance" and the other side is still searching for said relevance, and hope that it comes with maybe a top 4 pick in the national draft if the Crows were less shit...

Last attempts to beat the Lions have been fraught with "10 goals, what's 10 goals, I can only kick 9" and next question becomes which mid does Windy stand near since all of them can kind of pants ours? Next question being how many intercepts for a bloke named Harris?

All these questions and more such as why are we only getting the bye after this match when they've had two already, damn you Laura and your obvious bias! on Friday the 14th as to why the Lions are just that much better at present. Probably.

The line at around the Gabba, bet responsibly as margin at $4 is absurd but does point to pick 4 potential in this match.

And yes, I waited for the cheats to finish their spotlight, neither of us need this beauty being tarnished by that, we'll be doing fine by ourselves thanks.
Couldn’t have put it better myself! 😳🤣

I’m hoping we put up a decent effort. I don’t think a place or two lower in the draft will make much difference any time soon. It’s only an upgrade on one player after all.

Hoping Max can move more freely and have a better match. I miss him kicking goals.

Cordy for height.
Sadly Tim seems really out of form atm so I can see him being omitted. Sharman has been very good and deserves the spot in the forward line. Whether they end up playing him there remains to be seen.
2 changes
Yeah Sherman deserves a call up after the last match. He was very good.

I think a huge part of our scoring issues is around personnel and in particular big forwards.

Oppositions can basically set and forget their best backman on King and no one else ever puts pressure on. The one time we looked dangerous albeit against a weak opposition was when Hayes played against North and we had multiple big men putting pressure on. Caminiti is showing some good signs but he is so young. Membrey is really struggling. Sharman hasn't come on like we hoped this year.

It's a glaring weakness and we need to find a partner in crime for King. Higgins is doing well down there and it's good to have Butler back, hopefully we can find some way to make the forward line function over the second half of the season. But I feel that we need to look for a second tall over the trade period.

The good news is the midfield has really improved over the last few weeks.

I'd love to see Arie get a run but the temptation will be to play Cordy with their tall forwards.

It feels like a really tough time of the year to get Brisbane up there, I'll be surprised if we get within five goals of them.
We would kill right now for a big bodied forward like the G Train coming across to take some of the heat off of King. As you said, Caminiti is battling hard and does good things but he just doesnt have that same impact that a big body has.

I think it actually might be a toss up between Cordy and Shoenmakers. I think they are about the same height now and considering both Daniher and Hipwood are 200+ I think the 195 of Cordy/Shoenmakers is kind of a wash. Likely Cordy though realistically.

Couldn’t have put it better myself! 😳🤣

I’m hoping we put up a decent effort. I don’t think a place or two lower in the draft will make much difference any time soon. It’s only an upgrade on one player after all.

Hoping Max can move more freely and have a better match. I miss him kicking goals.

When previously we were a mini Brisbane with speedy ball movement and tall people up forward, we looked like we could maybe kind of sort of match it for 3/4 and then stop dead to be within 2-3 goals. Unfortunately for us, we ran right off that cliff and struck a few errant branches on the way down narrowly avoiding the jagged rocks that might take the battle from us in the end currently.

So I can only see our defence doing well and everyone else being "well I tried, I'm here aren't I?" in their attempts to chase arse and fail at I50's consistently.

Also, probably an impossible task for Max to move freely when inside F50, doubly so after this week that I hope he brought his own gloves to hand the defender in the opening handshake in a "go gentle please" gesture of kindness.

This is gonna be huge. A two headed monster: On one hand, The war for 13th-15th on the ladder shall rage insipidly on one leg and inevitably face plant before the finish line.
On the other hand: The great battle of wasted generational forward talent.
Who will do less, to piss us off more...Daniher, or King? 🤔
The mind boggles.
Should be a Cool watch hey!? Something to talk about, and a distraction from the "Will Battle Stay or Go Now" debate 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back