Official Club Stuff 2024 AGM - to be held on Friday 6th December 2024, 1 director to be elected by members. Nominations called for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, well, well, the club after a decade is back to December AGMs, which was the norm before 2013! Got the email about 10 minutes ago

Why? Did last year's Director elections stir things up?? Do they want a shorter election period?

This means we will have to produce our accounts in December. Does the club now think its so profitable that it doesn't have to bury things until February? We are confident about analysing the past season at the AGM, not saying last season is behind us - we are moving forward type cliches because its February and most of pre season has been completed??

I think its a good move.

Rob Snowdon is up for election. He was on the Footy Committee that last August (2023) recommended Ken to be re-signed before the finals started. Make that of what you want to.

1728620124043.png

Notice is hereby given that the AGM of the Port Adelaide Football Club will be held on Friday 6th December 2024 commencing at 6.00pm at The Precinct at Alberton, Brougham Place, Alberton SA 5014.

Nominations are called from 2024 Port Adelaide Football Club financial members for one (1) position on the Board of Directors for a 3-year term.

Director Rob Snowdon OAM’s 3-year term is complete, and Mr. Snowdon is eligible to renominate.

Nominations for the position on the Board of Directors must be delivered to the Returning Officer in the manner described on the Nomination Form.

Nominations open at 9am on the 11th of October 2024, and close at 5.00pm on the 25th of October 2024.

PAFC uses an online nomination system. Use the link below to register for the nominations process and access the nomination form. General queries can be directed to nominations@pafc.com.au.

Nominations must be proposed by a 2024 financial member and seconded by a minimum of five (5) other 2024 financial members. As per Clause 12.4 of the Constitution, a person cannot be appointed as a Director if he or she is an accredited player manager or an employee, officer, registered official or player of the AFL or SANFL or an AFL or SANFL Club or a member of any other AFL Club or SANFL Club. All nominees will be required to provide with their nomination up to a 250-word profile in support of the nomination.

If required, an election will be conducted by online vote in accordance with the Election Rules, available from the club. Intending candidates should familiarise themselves with those rules prior to nomination.

Voting for the position on the Board of Directors will open at 12.01am 22nd of November 2024 and close at 5pm on the 4th of December 2024.

Last edited:

I'll hopefully get to this.

I think i'm happy enough for Snowdon to continue, I think he's on our side generally by the sounds.

Wonder whether Koch will parachute in another more amenable former player to take the spot, like Cassisi.

First time in a while it's not being held in the new year when the emotions have settled a bit.
December 2012 was the last December AGM.

I reckon a member running on a very simple 'Sack Ken - Sack Koch - Sack Richo' platform would almost get over the line...
But would they get past the nominations process??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't you just need to be a financial member, and then have 1 (financial) proposer + 5 (financial) seconders? Do they have the ability to block nominees?
FishingRick04 can tell you the full story but they have a vetting process. How stringent it is he would be able to answer as he has been thru the process.

FishingRick04 can tell you the full story but they have a vetting process. How stringent it is he would be able to answer as he has been thru the process.
It’s not that hard. CEO and Osborne interviewed me, attempted to steer me away from running without telling me not to run. Sort of an interview or get to know you with a vested interest.

I'll hopefully get to this.

I think i'm happy enough for Snowdon to continue, I think he's on our side generally by the sounds.

Wonder whether Koch will parachute in another more amenable former player to take the spot, like Cassisi.
Fairly certain former players can only go through the member elected route, that’s why Tredrea had to wait a year. A stupid rule seeing as the players have the most name recognition with the fanbase, so naturally they’d end up being best placed to win the election. Something I’d like to see changed for sure.

Fairly certain former players can only go through the member elected route, that’s why Tredrea had to wait a year. A stupid rule seeing as the players have the most name recognition with the fanbase, so naturally they’d end up being best placed to win the election. Something I’d like to see changed for sure.
Well from what I have read here Koch stance is he doesn’t want a board full of former footy players. To control this make them go via member elect process.

Also saves the club a hassle of some no name member like myself getting lucky and getting on the board because former player will surely win 99% of the time.

What Koch forgets out boards when fully member controlled were fantastic Port orientated boards focused on football achievements.

Well from what I have read here Koch stance is he doesn’t want a board full of former footy players. To control this make them go via member elect process.

Also saves the club a hassle of some no name member like myself getting lucky and getting on the board because former player will surely win 99% of the time.

What Koch forgets out boards when fully member controlled were fantastic Port orientated boards focused on football achievements.

Yep, and what, 14 of the last 18 premiers have come from clubs with member elected boards. Koch is an arrogant ****head.

Would Abernathy run again? What was his actual stance on Ken and our underperformance?

Can't tell with Snowden

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He was very much in the “Remember 2012? Who you gonna get?” camp.

He also put a lot of emphasis on nearly beating Hawthorn in the 2014 Prelim….10 whole years ago.

That is the route that Koch has determined. He wont appoint an ex player to the board but there is nothing constitution that says it has to be that way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff 2024 AGM - to be held on Friday 6th December 2024, 1 director to be elected by members. Nominations called for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back