Official Club Stuff 2024 AGM - to be held on Friday 6th December 2024, 1 director to be elected by members. Nominations called for.

Remove this Banner Ad

They're not rushing this to limit time for a new candidate to step up. Couldn't be further from the truth. And Snowdon has a family health issue going on which makes it questionable as to whether he's going to run for re-election anyway.

Fwiw, if Snowdon runs again, I'd likely vote for him given his position on the head coach.
Yet said Head coach has not only remained employed but was extended during Snowden's tenure.

Yet said Head coach has not only remained employed but was extended during Snowden's tenure.

Well he's one individual on a panel of 7 on the footy committee. So if he's outnumbered what exactly is he supposed to do?

7 seems like too many.

Right now it's Cardone, Snowdon, Tredrea, Richo, CD, Cassisi and Cripps, though I'm not sure how involved Cripps is past list management matters.

I don't think it's too many at all. Can't be leaving the general direction of the footy program in the hands of 2-3 people.

Right now it's Cardone, Snowdon, Tredrea, Richo, CD, Cassisi and Cripps, though I'm not sure how involved Cripps is past list management matters.

I don't think it's too many at all. Can't be leaving the general direction of the footy program in the hands of 2-3 people.
**** Cardone off that list pronto.

Reckon 3 would vote to terminate the incumbent coach (Tredders, Snowden, Cripps).
The remaining 4 would happily vote for stability and mediocrity.

Need Richo to grow up and do the right thing.
Can't see CD, Cos or Dom wanting to damage their well feathered nests by going against the will of Koch/Ken 😍

Checkmate 🖕😂

Would expect wishywashy non answers or not answered at all but for me I want questions along the lines of:

Question 1 for David:
Given your position is unelected and members have no say in judging your performance or those that you deem suitable to appoint to the board how do you ensure that after being in the position beyond 10 years that you are performing appropriately and have appropriate governance in place.

Question 2:
Given you have been asked the following questions multiple times in multiple agm's What mechanisms are in place to ensure that the club returns to member control and if there has been no action here as yet why not?

Question 3
You have stated that the pass mark for this year's was making finals. When was this decision made?. How does this sit with the Club existing to win premierships and what do you expect next year's pass mark to be?

Question 4:
Whether or not you agree with the bastards booing there is an obvious division within the club with older passionate members in particular that have legitimate concerns that appear to be not a priority for the club to maintain as paying members. Why is this the case and if you disagree that this occuring what action is the club taking to reach out or maintain these members (because I am one and I can say nothing).

Question 5 (predicated on Hinks definitely staying which I think he is).

Given that you have backed the coach on multiple occasions including this year. If we were to fail to reach a grand final or premiership again next year will you and other key stakeholders such as the CEO and head of football resign. If not how would you ensure that there is accountability to the members?
Great questions

lol, fancy Cripps, the guy supposedly solely responsible for our deplorable list, having a say in Hinkley's contract extension.

Bonus supplementary question:
The club publically stated several years ago that it's goal was to win 3 flags on 5 years. Having utterly failed on that metric, failing to even qualify for a grand final in any competition during that period, who is being held accountable for these failures? In any professional organisation, missing your targets by that much should surely call for some independent review and for changes to be made. Why is the club so lacking in accountability?

Again with the 3 flags in 5 years statement:

There's kinda two options here. Either the club was of the strong opinion that we had a really good base with the right players, coaches and supporting structures in place, and we were poised to become a dynasty.

Or

We had none of that and were just making shit up because they thought it sounded good to aim high and the fans would love it.

Either way, to completely miss the mark entirely, then widen the goalposts to just "making finals" is utterly pathetic.

It's like a public company saying they're aiming for $2bn on profits then slapping themselves on the back when they post a $200m loss and saying well it's a tough competition and at least we're not under administration.

Again with the 3 flags in 5 years statement:

There's kinda two options here. Either the club was of the strong opinion that we had a really good base with the right players, coaches and supporting structures in place, and we were poised to become a dynasty.

Or

We had none of that and were just making shit up because they thought it sounded good to aim high and the fans would love it.

Either way, to completely miss the mark entirely, then widen the goalposts to just "making finals" is utterly pathetic.

It's like a public company saying they're aiming for $2bn on profits then slapping themselves on the back when they post a $200m loss and saying well it's a tough competition and at least we're not under administration.

Some words of wisdom for Richo if you're reading ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would expect wishywashy non answers or not answered at all but for me I want questions along the lines of:

Question 1 for David:
Given your position is unelected and members have no say in judging your performance or those that you deem suitable to appoint to the board how do you ensure that after being in the position beyond 10 years that you are performing appropriately and have appropriate governance in place.

Question 2:
Given you have been asked the following questions multiple times in multiple agm's What mechanisms are in place to ensure that the club returns to member control and if there has been no action here as yet why not?

Question 3
You have stated that the pass mark for this year's was making finals. When was this decision made?. How does this sit with the Club existing to win premierships and what do you expect next year's pass mark to be?

Question 4:
Whether or not you agree with the bastards booing there is an obvious division within the club with older passionate members in particular that have legitimate concerns that appear to be not a priority for the club to maintain as paying members. Why is this the case and if you disagree that this occuring what action is the club taking to reach out or maintain these members (because I am one and I can say nothing).

Question 5 (predicated on Hinks definitely staying which I think he is).

Given that you have backed the coach on multiple occasions including this year. If we were to fail to reach a grand final or premiership again next year will you and other key stakeholders such as the CEO and head of football resign. If not how would you ensure that there is accountability to the members?
Great questions. My only comment would be in relation to Q4 where older members are mentioned. I thinks it's in our interests to keep the focus on young to mid-aged supporters in question time. They are the future & the club will take it more seriously.

Well he's one individual on a panel of 7 on the footy committee. So if he's outnumbered what exactly is he supposed to do?
So are you confirming that Snowden wants Hinkley out. I know you have suggested this but are you confirming it? Coz if George runs I'm voting for him because I think he has Port Adelaide's best interests at heart.

Unfortunately, it won't make a difference who runs. Our two member elected positions are already filled with people who are pushing the club in the direction we want it to go in. Replacing one with another won't make a difference. The real problem is the unelected and unaccountable board members and senior management who are content with stability and mediocrity.

Bonus supplementary question:
The club publically stated several years ago that it's goal was to win 3 flags on 5 years. Having utterly failed on that metric, failing to even qualify for a grand final in any competition during that period, who is being held accountable for these failures? In any professional organisation, missing your targets by that much should surely call for some independent review and for changes to be made. Why is the club so lacking in accountability?
Perfect question

Unfortunately, it won't make a difference who runs. Our two member elected positions are already filled with people who are pushing the club in the direction we want it to go in. Replacing one with another won't make a difference. The real problem is the unelected and unaccountable board members and senior management who are content with stability and mediocrity.
Well many of us don't know how hard Snowden has pushed for Hinkleys dismissal over the last few contract renewals. But I think most of us would be confident that Fiacchi would push for it without any advance proof.

We understand the problem lies in persuading the other football committee members such as Cardone, Davies & Cassisi etc. When we can't trust Cardone to act in our interest & Davies seems to be in self-preservation mode it's difficult to see any change in direction ahead.

So are you confirming that Snowden wants Hinkley out. I know you have suggested this but are you confirming it? Coz if George runs I'm voting for him because I think he has Port Adelaide's best interests at heart.

Rob is always doing a deal and working things in the background. Given his strong ties to Carr it is conceivable to think his allegiance lies in that direction. But nothing surprises me with this mob anymore so I can't be certain either way.

Not going to name names, but there is a big footy member who is well versed on this forum who called Snowdon a little over two years ago. They left a voicemail message to Snowdon questioning a number of decisions surrounding his conduct on the Board and whether said conduct was ethical and just under the relevant codes both of the Club's rules of governance and under the relevant penal codes of Law. Snowdon shat himself when he got this message and called half a dozen people connected to the Club in an absolute panic.

I should have known back then that he talked a big game and had the relevant runs on the board (pardon the pun) relative to his career but he's turned out to be another one of the boys' club pushing his agendas to stroke his own ego.

I don't trust George either fwiw. He already had his chance on the Board, I'm not a fan of giving people a second go down the line and he's not just potentially putting his hand up because he loves the club. There's always further motives at play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff 2024 AGM - to be held on Friday 6th December 2024, 1 director to be elected by members. Nominations called for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back