F1 2024 Austrian Grand Prix - Race Weekend Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching live I thought Oscar was over the edge more than once.
The appeal nonsense is standard FIA clownery.

One thing I found interesting last night was when the commentary team put up that Verstappen's mid-Q3 lap over Sainz had an 0.35 second advantage in just two corners. The below graphic compares Verstappen and Norris' fastest laps and you an see the same thing - they're very much on the same pace except for turns 6-7 and 9-10 which are the medium-high speed turns.

1719735074142.png

I wonder if the "progress" that we're seeing teams make is just the natural differences of the cars coming to light. Ferrari is the soft car that aces the low speed turns and kerbs on street circuits but bounces on the straights. Red Bull is the hard car that is stable under heavy aero load that's perfect for this part of the calendar but easily disrupted from bumps. McLaren somewhat a middle ground between the two.

Just when I thought it was safe to turn on SkyF1 it’s Lando hour with 3 giggling women. Let’s talk about a race years ago and how great he is, next let’s have a segment prerecorded with him talking about that same race and how good he is, next let’s go to a walk and talk with him on the drivers parade and let’s cut back to the 3 giggling women and talk some more about Lando.

Honestly this Is getting to peak Hambone territory when you couldn’t say the L word without Sky making a documentary about him.

Just when I thought it was safe to turn on SkyF1 it’s Lando hour with 3 giggling women. Let’s talk about a race years ago and how great he is, next let’s have a segment prerecorded with him talking about that same race and how good he is, next let’s go to a walk and talk with him on the drivers parade and let’s cut back to the 3 giggling women and talk some more about Lando.

Honestly this Is getting to peak Hambone territory when you couldn’t say the L word without Sky making a documentary about him.
Sky F1s coverage has been a joke for a long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back