F1 The Wash Up - Previous 2024 Race Weekends

Who's on top after the break?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harsh on Verstappen who he was having the lead battle with, I'd go Max for DOTD today.
Could see it either way - Max suffers from everyone sick of him winning everything over the last few years.

He'll never win a fan vote at the moment unless he's come from the back of the grid.

Could see it either way - Max suffers from everyone sick of him winning everything over the last few years.

He'll never win a fan vote at the moment unless he's come from the back of the grid.

For Max to be DOTD he needs to exceed his usual standard, same as any other driver. His problem is his standard is so high that 2nd to 1st isn't DOTD worthy. Lando starting and finishing 1st would be DOTD worthy though, as would Logan Sargent finishing top 10 (assuming 10 drivers didn't crash out mid race).

At the time I thought it was the right tyre and they were trying to throw shade getting everyone onto the softs.
Was interesting to hear Hamilton say post race that the plan was always going to softs 3rd.

Sainz also got a little screwed although I think Charles would've always ended up past him.

Was interesting to hear Hamilton say post race that the plan was always going to softs 3rd.

Sainz also got a little screwed although I think Charles would've always ended up past him.
Seems like a consistent mistake that teams make going to the hards on a race weekend that it's never been used.

Yet they keep doing it.

Drivers seem to be comfortably able to make the tyres go for alot longer than the windows suggest. Especially towards the latter stages of the race.

I would've thought once they saw Norris extend his first stint on the softs that was an easy green light to go softs on the 3rd and final stint with far less fuel weight on board.

Bizarre call from Merc.

Piastri had made up 10 seconds on Sainz too in the last stint. Finished just 2 secs behind.

i wondered why oscar could make no inroads into sainz for lap after lap. then with a couple to go he gobbled him up. if it was maclaren asking him to manage his tyres for a late charge they miscalculated. could have had more to do with sainz ‘hards’ being shot.

still don’t entirely get the difference in pace between him and norris

They will be with Madrid getting a generic street circuit in a few years

Be careful what you wish for - some of the dullest action has been at street circuits like Miami and Baku. Meanwhile, actual good purpose built tracks like Malaysia and Estoril have been left unused.

Not sure if mentioned, but with that podium Lewis Hamilton has now appeared on the podium for 18 consecutive seasons. No matter what you think about F1 in the past 18 years, it's an achievement that is extremely difficult to beat (Verstappen would obviously be the one in the running to break it).

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 The Wash Up - Previous 2024 Race Weekends

Back