Toast 2024 Best and Fairest - Skilton Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done Heeney. Well deserved.

Horse however acknowledges that they knowingly took injured players into finals.
I’m pretty confident to say that that’s no different to 99% of all other teams who have ever competed in a final. It’s not about taking an injured player into a final, it’s about the risk assessment they undertake when establishing how likely an injured player is to see out the game and perform at a satisfactory level despite the injury.

Yep, I heard Sam's comments as loud as a running train. Talking about the 2012 team that each had a role, forming a chain. No broken link. Maybe that's the theme going into 2025, "No broken link! Put a chain in the players change room. No doubt our game plan needs more accountability and in Horse's reference to his mum, we need "more steel".

Ball and chain at the ankles! i like it!

Looking at our top 10, all I will say is... not surprised we lost a GF.

1st - Heeney
2nd - Gulden
3rd - Warner
4th - Grundy
5th - Blakey
6th - Rowbottom
7th - Florent
8th - Jordon
9th - Lloyd
10th - Papley
Sorry, it’s getting late, I’m not sure what point you’re making.

Edit: Ignore me, I just saw your subsequent explanation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just to make it so much harder to stomach the recent failures we've had, I often imagine had we'd won all the GFs we've been in. Would be 7 flags in 19 years & would make us one of the most successful teams of the modern era. Instead we are a bit of a big day 'easy-beats' club and one most teams want to face on the final stage if they get there, as they stand a very good chance of glory. I hate this and it just makes me feel so bitterly disappointed.
So close to deserving highest of honours, but instead - nothing but rueing what could have been.
**** it's hard.

To compound matters should we get there again ANY opposition would be licking their lips doesnt matter if they finished 8th.

1st - Heeney
2nd - Gulden
3rd - Warner
4th - Grundy
5th - Blakey
6th - Rowbottom
7th - Florent
8th - Jordon
9th - Lloyd
10th - Papley
As I can't block you, Ive been forced to read your posts tonight. Every single one has been negative. Pretty F**ing offensive really.

1st - Heeney
2nd - Gulden
3rd - Warner
4th - Grundy
5th - Blakey
6th - Rowbottom
7th - Florent
8th - Jordon
9th - Lloyd
10th - Papley
I don't know what you are inferring, but it looks like a quality top 10.
The top 3 were the best all year.
Blakey had a breakout year. No pun intended.
Rowbottom is by far the hardest working Swan every week.
Jordon I loved more and more each week as he nullified his opponent and did good things himself.
Lloyd looks rejuvenated out on a wing with space.
Papley is still the most annoying, creative, productive, instinctive, goal scoring small forward.

Sorry, it’s getting late, I’m not sure what point you’re making.
The point I'm making is that it's largely a list of uncontested, outside players. The only defender on the list is a mainly uncontested, attacking defender. No key defenders, no lockdown defenders, only two two-way players. You can get a good gist of what we're about from who our coaches perceived to be our top ten performing players. Compare it with Brisbane's top 10 from this year, or our top 10 from our premiership in 2012, and I think you can see where things start to go wrong for us.

It's absolutely not a criticism of the players.

Personally, I think the best use of the night would have been to wait until they were a fair few drinks in, then have Jude, JPK and Roos turn up, kick all the partners out (to a catered party elsewhere), chain the doors (or put cardboard cutouts of Lions players to prevent any attempts of escape) and put the coaching staff and players through an intense full-contact training session. In suit and ties.

Stream the whole thing. Swans Media would never have seen numbers like it.

Personally, I think the best use of the night would have been to wait until they were a fair few drinks in, then have Jude, JPK and Roos turn up, kick all the partners out (to a catered party elsewhere), chain the doors (or put cardboard cutouts of Lions players to prevent any attempts of escape) and put the coaching staff and players through an intense full-contact training session. In suit and ties.

Stream the whole thing. Swans Media would never have seen numbers like it.
and what other scenario will you think of tomorrow.

You have not moved on either.:(

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast 2024 Best and Fairest - Skilton Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back