Game Day 2024 Brownlow - AFL & Nmfc

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny how Andrew Dillons wife said on the Red Carpet that she liked Bontempelli but heard he wasn’t in the running…..

Who would say that before the count unless her husband had already counted the votes.

Secure votes my ass!!!
Whhhhhaaa really ..missed that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

45 votes from a team that barely made the finals. The AFL needs to review this sham of an award.
Don't think it's too different to a guy who gets 18 votes from a team that wins only 3 games.

At one of my daughters netball games this season I was asked out of the blue at the end of the game to do the votes.

In all honesty I hadn’t been watching the game all that closely so I guessed.

Think the same thing happens a fair bit with the Brownlow.
I copped a dislocated shoulder, a fractured jaw and broken teeth which ended the season for me back in the day so somehow, I got to do the 3-2-1 voting for the club B&F for probably half the matches that season. As a result, I knew who'd been getting my votes and I would have say even now, I was picking players without prejudice. Maybe a backman who was saving goals, maybe a forward who was kicking them.

At the B&F night I must say I was completely shocked at the result, especially as there were a couple of blokes I gave votes to who polled 0 for the season.

I could never work out how that happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Brownlow - AFL & Nmfc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back