Prediction 2024 Brownlow Medal contenders

Remove this Banner Ad

he wont or shouldn't win but don't be surprised if Noah Anderson sneaks into the top 5 or even top 3. Has been very up and down but as a general rule, he's been huge when we've won. Conservatively I'd say he'll be on around 20 with two rounds to go but he could realistically be as high as 27 if he polls better than expected in a couple of games.

Should guarantee 3 votes in rounds 5 / 7 / 10 / 12 / 16 / 18 and should or could poll in rounds 0 / 1 / 13 / 17 / 21 / 22
Sam Flanders?

Sam Flanders?
Supercoach wise Flanders has been great but for the bulk of the season he was just getting cheapies in the back half as a loose back, wasn't super noticeable in game.

Has been a lot better in the second half of the season impact wise but Anderson has definitely been the standout player in wins.

Rowell the only one I anticipate taking votes off him.

I still think Naicos wins it of the main contendors he has the least amount of competition in his team.

Nick Daicos - ??? - ???

Cripps - Walsh

Bontempeli - Trealoar

Serong - Brayshaw - Young

Neale - Mcluggage - Dunkley

Heeney - Warner - Gulden

Anderson - Rowell

I still think Naicos wins it of the main contendors he has the least amount of competition in his team.

Nick Daicos - ??? - ???

Cripps - Walsh

Bontempeli - Trealoar

Serong - Brayshaw - Young

Neale - Mcluggage - Dunkley

Heeney - Warner - Gulden

Anderson - Rowell

Apparently Cripps is the favourite.

I still think Heeney will get the most votes though which is a shame especially if Daicos Bradbury’s it.

A bloke who has played 70 games and not taken a single contested mark should not win a brownlow. Soft.
Who the f**k cares how many contested marks he has? You sound like a Carlton nuffy.

Every player has their strengths and weaknesses. Are you really saying someone like Cripps is FAR more deserving just because he has 7 contested marks? Should we just toss out the rest of the stats and give the Brownlow to whoever has the most contested marks, as if that’s the only thing that makes a player 'hard'? Lmao.

Last year's Brownlow medalist didn’t have a single contested mark, and there was plenty of criticism about Lachie Neale, but I didn't see anyone mentioning his lack of contested marks then. It feels like some people are just grasping at these little details to try and take down such an impressive young player, and for what? A player’s worth goes beyond just one stat.

Last edited:
Who the f**k cares how many contested marks he has? You sound like a Carlton nuffy.

Every player has their strengths and weaknesses. Are you really saying someone like Cripps is FAR more deserving just because he has 7 contested marks? Should we just toss out the rest of the stats and give the Brownlow to whoever has the most contested marks, as if that’s the only thing that makes a player 'hard'? Lmao.

Last year's Brownlow medalist didn’t have a single contested mark, and there was plenty of criticism about Lachie Neale, but I didn't see anyone mentioning his lack of contested marks then. It feels like some people are just grasping at these little details to try and take down such an impressive young player, and for what? At the end of the day, a player’s worth goes beyond just one stat. Let’s recognize the whole package instead of nitpicking!

That you Mrs Daicos? Boy oh boy that’s an almighty meltdown.

A bloke who has played 70 games and not taken a single contested mark should not win a brownlow. Soft.
Well Daicos is probably not the toughest player going around. But that single stat means nothing especially for mids. Matt Rowell took is first contested last week after 83 games without. And he is probably what most consider a tough mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scoring 8.14 from 25 shots post bye will cost Bont. Felt like he's put in some equal performances to the some other contenders in the past 8 or so rounds & yet will poll significantly less. He's never received charity votes so not sure why people think that'll be different this year.

Cripps should probably win both the Brownlow & MVP. Daicos for the Coaches award. I think Bont has been just as good as them in 2024 overall.

If serong didn’t have Brayshaw and Young by his side he would be a shoe in.
For that reason I think daicos will runaway with it
Serong is going through what Ablett had to 2007-2010 alongside Bartel, Corey and Selwood. Except he also had Johnson and Chapman as high vote getting AA forward/mids and players like Kelly and Ling as the midfield depth.

Ablett in this Freo side would've comfortably won 3 Brownlows in a row 2007-2009.

Serong is 23 he is tracking well
He will never be as good as the little master but his building.
I rate him highly and he's added more hurt factor to his disposal as the year has gone on.

My post wasn't a dig at Serong, merely adding context to "Player X faces this challenge to win the Brownlow". Bontempelli has had a vote stealing midfield most of his career.

Serong is going through what Ablett had to 2007-2010 alongside Bartel, Corey and Selwood. Except he also had Johnson and Chapman as high vote getting AA forward/mids and players like Kelly and Ling as the midfield depth.

Ablett in this Freo side would've comfortably won 3 Brownlows in a row 2007-2009.
With the age of our midfield it would compare to cats 05-06

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction 2024 Brownlow Medal contenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back