Brownlow 2024 Brownlow Medal Count - Congrats Patrick Cripps!

Who wins the 24 Chas?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Martin polled in 14 games of 22 in 2017. Cripps in 17 games of 23 in 2024. Here is the averages of the games they polled votes in:

Martin v Cripps:

Disposals: 34.2 v 30.6
Goals: 1.5 v 0.8
GA: 1.3 v 0.6
GL + GA: 2.8 v 1.4
SI: 9.8 v 8.1
Clearances: 7.8 v 8.9
CP: 15.4 v 16.6
CM: 1.1 v 0.3
Frees For: 1.6 v 2.4

So more of the ball and double scoreboard impact. So not close really for games in which they polled.

And for games in which they didn’t poll:

Martin v Cripps:

Disposals: 23.5 v 23.5
Goals: 1.4 v 0.3
GA: 0.38 v 0.17
GL + GA: 1.78 v 0.47
SI: 6.8 v 4.0
Clearances: 4.4 v 6.0
CP: 12.2 v 12.8
CM: 1.0 v 0.13
Frees For: 1.0 v 1.2

So much better in games they didn’t poll in as well with more than triple the scoreboard impact and same amount of ball.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I actually can't believe nobody has jumped on Dillon's wife comment about Bont not being in the mix. Been absolute crickets. Unbelievable!!!
I reckon the societal position is ‘gambling is bad’ (I sort of agree) therefore gamblers don’t deserve consumer protection (I disagree strongly)

If she doesn’t clear this up herself , cops should investigate how Dillon’s wife seemingly knew the results of a multimillion dollar market ahead of time - what exactly did she hear and from who?

Martin polled in 14 games of 22 in 2017. Cripps in 17 games of 23 in 2024. Here is the averages of the games they polled votes in:

Martin v Cripps:

Disposals: 34.2 v 30.6
Goals: 1.5 v 0.8
GA: 1.3 v 0.6
GL + GA: 2.8 v 1.4
SI: 9.8 v 8.1
Clearances: 7.8 v 8.9
CP: 15.4 v 16.6
CM: 1.1 v 0.3
Frees For: 1.6 v 2.4

So more of the ball and double scoreboard impact. So not close really for games in which they polled.

And for games in which they didn’t poll:

Martin v Cripps:

Disposals: 23.5 v 23.5
Goals: 1.4 v 0.3
GA: 0.38 v 0.17
GL + GA: 1.78 v 0.47
SI: 6.8 v 4.0
Clearances: 4.4 v 6.0
CP: 12.2 v 12.8
CM: 1.0 v 0.13
Frees For: 1.0 v 1.2

So much better in games they didn’t poll in as well with more than triple the scoreboard impact and same amount of ball.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You can do the same for a lot of past players. Some of Ablett’s stats as well. Umpires are getting more and more swayed by what they see in bursts of football rather than what they see over four quarters

Well done P Cripps, deserving winner.

I was surprised the Bont didn’t get more votes, not saying he should have won but it seems he doesn’t get the 1s and 2s in losses/lower possession games that Cripps and Daicos get which I find interesting

My lowlight was seeing Lamish hosting. I thought he’d moved to France?? Forgot how insufferable he is. What’s next 7, bring back Basil to commentate the GF?

Except Bont, who should probably AT LEAST be in the 30s.

Not that many, but mid 20's would be reasonable. His season was good in patches, but not consistent like Daicos or Cripps seasons were

Multiple brownlows won't make up for winning 0 premierships!!
OK...

Confused Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just give it to the coaches for now. Having a panel at every game doesn’t sound right to me
Yeah coaches could be biased in some instances. Especially late in the year when their guy would seem a good chance. Also one coach sees a Role player in his own team do well and gets a vote, but the other coach doesn’t see that.

Well done P Cripps, deserving winner.

I was surprised the Bont didn’t get more votes, not saying he should have won but it seems he doesn’t get the 1s and 2s in losses/lower possession games that Cripps and Daicos get which I find interesting

My lowlight was seeing Lamish hosting. I thought he’d moved to France?? Forgot how insufferable he is. What’s next 7, bring back Basil to commentate the GF?
Please NO for the love of God

Tell me with a straight face Daicos was the second best player in this game

1727142195680-png.2120222

1727142219738-png.2120225

Daicos had 9 clangers, no goals and only 3 inside 50's.
Don't think I watched the game so I can't tell.

Just heard all the Ruckman have formed an alliance after last nights count. The collective vote count for listed rucks on all teams was 44, one behind Cripps 😎

They have named the group RRUOK (Ruckman RUOK). Their first collective actions are the following:
  • No more tapping of the ball to those vote stealing Midfield Prima Donna’s
  • No round the back “gimme gimme” handballs to Midfielders.
  • No more shepherding a clear pathway for Midfielders.
Chair elect Max Gawn said enough is enough. They are happy to announce their patrons are Gary Dempsey, Graham Moss and Scott Wynd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownlow 2024 Brownlow Medal Count - Congrats Patrick Cripps!

Back