AFL 2024 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

very keen to see everyones tallies and predictions for the brownlow this year. I think it will be a ripper of a count.
I know i dont contribute to the thread because I cant watch every game to do my own count, but alas I always look forward to reading this thread every year and see if I can find some winning bets in there :)
I have Cripps finishing on 35-38 votes. Obviously will be some surprises come the count as there always is but that's what I'm expecting.

I have Cripps finishing on 35-38 votes. Obviously will be some surprises come the count as there always is but that's what I'm expecting.
Hope you're right as I got him at 4.25 recently but that seems very high.

That little stat padding crab Daicos is going to push it too. They will give him a vote just got getting his shorts on the right away around

Hope you're right as I got him at 4.25 recently but that seems very high.

That little stat padding crab Daicos is going to push it too. They will give him a vote just got getting his shorts on the right away around
It does sound high but Cripps has had the best season of his career. 30 votes to win it in 2022, he's been far far more consistent this season as has shown in the coaches votes too. He'll give the all time record for votes in a year a push imo. Daicos, Heeney, Neale etc a couple behind imo.

Glad I’m not the only one who has him that high. Keen to see where and what you’ve polled him on if you wanna shoot a DM, I’ll show and compare with mine

Edit: I’ll be taking a play on record to be broken when that market comes out as well

Cripps to lose. Tom Green the smoky for me

Daicos 32
Cripps 31
Neale 29
Tom green 27
Merret 26

Is my top 5,
Waterman most wce
Acutally have trelor very close to bont, for the dogs count.

Hopefully sports bet open some markets soon so can play around with top 20 and stuff!

Have fun everyone!

Glad I’m not the only one who has him that high. Keen to see where and what you’ve polled him on if you wanna shoot a DM, I’ll show and compare with mine

Edit: I’ll be taking a play on record to be broken when that market comes out as well
This is what I had. Keep in mind I'm assuming not all of these will be correct given the umps always have 1-2 odd ones for every major player each year.

1724640484307.png

One game on my review list is Rd 14 North Melbourne v Collingwood. I may have made a mistake on my spreadsheet as I didnt have N Daicos polling a vote here...............Had a few issues with my USB stick, moving places, new laptops/computer but memory serves me correct N Daicos had a pretty decent game. North were huge underdogs and were the better side probably for 2.5 quarters. You could make a case North should have won that without a contentious free kick call.

I also thought Mac Andrew should have polled at least a vote in Rd 22 Essendon v Gold Coast with his 4 goals and winner after the siren. Jack Newnes anyone? He polled votes with a 12 disposal and goal after the siren in 2020. Admittedly, he did get 8 tackles did Newnes. I reckon Andrew that night had a better game than Newnes, and I guess if there was a 'To Poll a Vote' market, he should be good for that game.

I also reckon within the next week or so, we will see a W/O Brisbane Neale market, W/O Carlton Cripps market, W/O Collingwood N Daicos market, W/O Essendon Merrett market.

And I want to pay a bit of respect to the guys who got on Petracca $26 top Melbourne votes. Not saying he is going to win it but it has a possible chance of getting up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what I had. Keep in mind I'm assuming not all of these will be correct given the umps always have 1-2 odd ones for every major player each year.

View attachment 2092247

Nice. Very similar to mine. I have him finishing on 37. The two main differences I see are I have him polling 2 in opening round you have 0. Round 18 you have 3 votes I have 1.

One game on my review list is Rd 14 North Melbourne v Collingwood. I may have made a mistake on my spreadsheet as I didnt have N Daicos polling a vote here...............Had a few issues with my USB stick, moving places, new laptops/computer but memory serves me correct N Daicos had a pretty decent game. North were huge underdogs and were the better side probably for 2.5 quarters. You could make a case North should have won that without a contentious free kick call.

I also thought Mac Andrew should have polled at least a vote in Rd 22 Essendon v Gold Coast with his 4 goals and winner after the siren. Jack Newnes anyone? He polled votes with a 12 disposal and goal after the siren in 2020. Admittedly, he did get 8 tackles did Newnes. I reckon Andrew that night had a better game than Newnes, and I guess if there was a 'To Poll a Vote' market, he should be good for that game.

I also reckon within the next week or so, we will see a W/O Brisbane Neale market, W/O Carlton Cripps market, W/O Collingwood N Daicos market, W/O Essendon Merrett market.

And I want to pay a bit of respect to the guys who got on Petracca $26 top Melbourne votes. Not saying he is going to win it but it has a possible chance of getting up.
North v Collingwood definitely review, Naicos dragged them over the line second half. 2.5 for him I'd imagine.

Surely won't pinch 1 in rd 13? Miles off it. All the others seem feasible, give or take.
That game was a funny one in that nobody was really a standout for either team. Hewett, Hollands, Martin and Dekoning were all fairly good but I just go with the classic no standout so give it to a familiar name that umps tend to do.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he got more for that game, not because he was a standout but more because nobody else was. But I understand the question mark.

Nice. Very similar to mine. I have him finishing on 37. The two main differences I see are I have him polling 2 in opening round you have 0. Round 18 you have 3 votes I have 1.

Considered rd 0 but his last quarter was poor and thought Mckay and Curnow will get the votes, maybe a 1 at best.

I gave Cripps the 3 votes in Round 0. Brisbane were the better team again for most of that game but Carlton were the better team in the 2nd half.

This was my spreadsheet for that game as I did a Live Tracker for that one. My margins was around 99.75% for that, so if you can get a slightly reduced odds for the player you like Id say back him. Curnows at 5s , McKay at arounds double digits might be the play if one can get that? (for the 3 Vote Markets)

1724648714488.png

At half-time in that game, 7 of the top 8 players were from Brisbane from memory.

A quirky stat is Cripps has polled in 64 AFL Games in his career. Of those games, 3 of them he had 23 disposals or less. (1 was in a COVID year). Looking at disposals alone would be misleading as the top disposal gettor on the ground had 27 disposals. At the moment, Ill back him to add to that tally of games where he will poll, and had 23 or less disposals.

I might have to put it on review?

33 - Cripps
32 - Neale
29 - N Daicos
26 - Butters - Heeney*
24 - Whitfield
23 - Merrett
22 - Bontompelli
21 - Treloar / Anderson / T Green
20 - Gulden / Warner
19 - Gawn / Rowell
18 - Serong / Wines