Official Club Stuff 2024 Club Membership Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine Sydney had a much larger decent footy and cricket ground with a retractable roof to protect against vile weather and climate change. … Build it in the middle of Randwick racecourse which would also get a retractable roof to protect against meeting cancellations.
Much like how soccer stadiums that have an athletics track around them is a poorer viewing experience, why the hell would anyone want to watch sport played inside a racing venue? Otherwise you'd need some sort of retractable seating, which would be expensive as hell.

Much like how soccer stadiums that have an athletics track around them is a poorer viewing experience, why the hell would anyone want to watch sport played inside a racing venue? Otherwise you'd need some sort of retractable seating, which would be expensive as hell.

Would not be a traditional stadium. Have a squiz at the Sphere in Las Vegas. Race track would be outside the stadium. Probably cost $4.0b. Public/Private*/3codes investment. Major concerts would be held there. SCG would be kept for low drawing sports with some apartment building

Plus AFLW memberships don't start to be sold until mid to late June and they are counted in tallies.

A lot of clubs club sell between 5k and 10k of these memberships.

Brisbane Lions 31st of May (Extract from the Chairman Andrew Wellington's message to Members 31/5/2024) - 55,000+ a new record level of Members for the Brisbane Lions, up from 45,000 at the same time last year.

Email Extract:
"We currently have over 55,000 members which is up from 45,000 at the same time last year and already a new record level of membership for us. With another six home games at the Gabba and the AFL season commencing we will continue to push the 60,000 member goal we set at the start of the season".

Brisbane Lions 31st of May (Extract from the Chairman Andrew Wellington's message to Members 31/5/2024) - 55,000+ a new record level of Members for the Brisbane Lions, up from 45,000 at the same time last year.

Email Extract:
"We currently have over 55,000 members which is up from 45,000 at the same time last year and already a new record level of membership for us. With another six home games at the Gabba and the AFL season commencing we will continue to push the 60,000 member goal we set at the start of the season".

Pies had nearly 98,000 members when I spoke to a membership employee at the MCG on the day of the RD 6 Port Adelaide game back in April.

Pies had nearly 98,000 members when I spoke to a membership employee at the MCG on the day of the RD 6 Port Adelaide game back in April.
Happy to be proven wrong but I contest that information! Sometimes clubs haven’t rolled in some of their updates and other categories into the tally. I’d be amazed if the Pies aren’t at or above 110,000 atm. Our source of truth on this is PonsfordMagpie .

Essendon reporting 77,900 but I’m almost certain it’s lacking quite a few of its data updates. Essendon usually go weeks without updating their back end system and the tally often only counts casual signups. I’m sure they were tracking 3-4K ahead 3 weeks ago, and they’ve been going well on field so I’d expect eventually it will update and reflect the actual figure. A reference is at 8th June 2023, it was at 75,400 so I’d be anticipating it’d be around the 80,000+ region, tracking towards its 2023 record of 86,100. However, I’m guessing and they could be not signing up until next year on actual confirmed evidence of no false dawn for all I know.

Happy to be proven wrong but I contest that information! Sometimes clubs haven’t rolled in some of their updates and other categories into the tally. I’d be amazed if the Pies aren’t at or above 110,000 atm. Our source of truth on this is PonsfordMagpie .

Essendon reporting 77,900 but I’m almost certain it’s lacking quite a few of its data updates. Essendon usually go weeks without updating their back end system and the tally often only counts casual signups. I’m sure they were tracking 3-4K ahead 3 weeks ago, and they’ve been going well on field so I’d expect eventually it will update and reflect the actual figure. A reference is at 8th June 2023, it was at 75,400 so I’d be anticipating it’d be around the 80,000+ region, tracking towards its 2023 record of 86,100. However, I’m guessing and they could be not signing up until next year on actual confirmed evidence of no false dawn for all I know.
Surely an announcement from Collingwood if we have passed our membership record. Haven’t heard anything from us this year.

Essendon usually go weeks without updating their back end system and the tally often only counts casual signups. I’m sure they were tracking 3-4K ahead 3 weeks ago, and they’ve been going well on field so I’d expect eventually it will update and reflect the actual figure. A reference is at 8th June 2023, it was at 75,400 so I’d be anticipating it’d be around the 80,000+ region, tracking towards its 2023 record of 86,100.
I think Carlton might be the only club which has Daily/Weekly membership updates.

The only time they didn’t update the tally for almost a week was when they announced getting 100k

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am sure that is not true
Depends i guess on what a membership is outside of Vic (and Tas) ie $$
If its a token $25 for example i cant see why every WA based North supporter wouldnt just be a member - particularly if that then assisted in getting a seat for any North games in that state.

Is there a list by club of costs of interstate memberships and benefits? Including say SUNS or dockers in Victoria?

Swans as at 19th June = 70,740 New Membership record

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff 2024 Club Membership Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back