List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Pick 1

• Finn O'Sullivan

• Sam Lalor

• Jagga Smith

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Another way to trade for Norths pick 2 if the club decides to go down that path. We could offer GWS pick 10 for 15&16 and then on trade 6 and 16 to North by virtue of having an extra pick at our disposal to trade. We still retain 8 picks.

We would improve from 6 to 2 but rise from 10 to 15
Still would have 1, 2, 11, 15, 18, 20, 23, 24
Doesn't look all that different to our current hand 1, 6, 10, 11, 18, 20, 23, 24
This is not bad but doubt GWS would do it. Why give North 6 and 16. Keep 16 and give North 20 or 23.

Station 19 GIF by ABC Network
1729724784181.gif
View attachment 2150725

**** I’ve posted more than Groupie_

Might be time to consider my life choices again
To be fair, this thread attracts those who know their footy.

Apart from THE_GUN

and Coach_Required

and Groupie_

and of course, tiger_tough

This is not bad but doubt GWS would do it. Why give North 6 and 16. Keep 16 and give North 20 or 23.

All depends if they have someone in mind at 10. Sure could give 6&20 and keep 15/16 and have 3 double up picks>1/2, 15/16 and 23/24

Even GWS 15&21 works for us as we would hand over 6&21 and retain our picks and our draft hand would look something like this> 1, 2, 11, 15, 18, 20, 23, 24

dont u want foss the 10 possesion gatherer ?
No, I want FOS the future superstar.

All depends if they have someone in mind at 10. Sure could give 6&20 and keep 15/16 and have 3 double up picks>1/2, 15/16 and 23/24

Even GWS 15&21 works for us as we would hand over 6&21 and retain our picks and our draft hand would look something like this> 1, 2, 11, 15, 18, 20, 23, 24
We would have someone in mind at 10. Out of our minds if we give up the advantage of consecutive picks in a sweet spot of the draft. At 10/11 we'll get two of Allan, Hotton, Lindsay, Berry or Armstrong. All will probably be gone by 15.

No way should we give up pick 10 in any scenario that doesn't involve us keeping 6 and getting 2.

What would you want

Player A: 25 Disposals, 18 kicks, 7 handballs, 2 goals, 9 score involvements, 8 inside 50s, 4 clearances, 6 tackles, 450 metres gained

Player B: 35 disposals, 24 handballs, 11 kicks, 4 score involvements, 4 inside 50s, 12 clearances, 150 metres gained

All perspective.. you either like one player or you like the other.

What would you want

Player A: 25 Disposals, 18 kicks, 7 handballs, 2 goals, 9 score involvements, 8 inside 50s, 4 clearances, 6 tackles, 450 metres gained

Player B: 35 disposals, 24 handballs, 11 kicks, 4 score involvements, 4 inside 50s, 12 clearances, 150 metres gained

Why Not Have Both Government Shutdown GIF

View attachment 2150725

**** I’ve posted more than Groupie_

Might be time to consider my life choices again
get a life/a job for starters.
I'm a senile retired campaigner still bitter about Billy Barrott. Brian Roberts, Teasdale.
exciting week is;
My nephew put me on to voice activated youtube on the smart tv.
My barber telling siri to turn down the volume down.

No, I want FOS the future superstar.

We would have someone in mind at 10. Out of our minds if we give up the advantage of consecutive picks in a sweet spot of the draft. At 10/11 we'll get two of Allan, Hotton, Lindsay, Berry or Armstrong. All will probably be gone by 15.

No way should we give up pick 10 in any scenario that doesn't involve us keeping 6 and getting 2.

I hear you but getting two picks 15/16 or 15/21. We only giving up 6 to North from our 8 picks, so in effect the 2nd pick is an extra from GWS And sliding back 5 places from 10 to 15. We would still have 11. Then 4 picks later 15. There will be sliders and as we know the talent pool is deep so even at 15 we would be getting a very good player.

I prefer to keep all our current picks but i made the suggestion based on if the club wants to go down that path of trading for pick 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would you want

Struggling to remember a game this year when FOS had 25 tbh. Think his highest was 20 including school footy.

Biggest game of the year (VM v VC final):

Jagga 25d (16k), 4m, 8 clearances, 425m gained, winning skipper

FOS: 7d (2k), 0m, 0 clearances, 69m gained, not the winning skipper

As you say, it’s personal preference & we all have particular moments or reasons that we find (look for?) that support our positions, but don’t think all data should be flushed in favour of a subjective vibey eye-test

What would you want

I need to close this tab on my phone, but this is the last post I'll bite at (probably a lie).

It's not all about stats, especially when assessing potential draftees. I understand what you're trying to frame here and we likely both would prefer the lesser disposal player.

When I am looking at draftees, I'd almost prefer not to see stats. I'm looking for moments during games where they perform an action and I'm thinking to myself "how will this translate and grow in an AFL system".

Are they putting themselves in positions to impact the contest?
Where are they when the game is on the line? Do they rise to the occasion or do they go missing?
Do they have a good footy brain? Can they get themselves out of trouble more often than not?

Don't get me wrong, stats can't completely be ignored but I much prefer assessing behaviours.

What I’m saying it’s all perspective I probably should have added more in there but i believe you don’t get either player without the other. Stats are meaningless I think I was just having a jab ultimately at posters who jab at either Jagga or fos due to stats. I do believe you need both types of players.

I myself have probably was pointing out different stats and stuff at the start but as I’ve been posting, i have now kind of fallen in love with all the top 7

I keep editing cause I keep forgetting to add shit sorry fellas

Last edited:
How I think/hope it’ll play out, in the brackets is the pick after F/S and academy selections and we trade 6 and 18 for pick 2

1- FOS
2- Lalor
10- (13) Hotton
11-(14) Berry
20- (24) Datolli/ Oliver
23- (27) Gerreyn
24- (28) Sims

Last edited:
By the time I finished making this video I changed back to Jagga.

Just felt he was more impressive in the highlights and info available on him.

But can see the argument that his type may be available most years.

I put this together which includes some footage of all 3 players, not sure I'm any closer to landing on a solid answer though :tearsofjoy:

What I’m saying it’s all perspective I probably should have added more in there but i believe you don’t get either player without the other. Stats are meaningless I think I was just having a jab ultimately at posters who jab at either Jagga or fos due to stats. I do believe you need both types of players.

I myself have probably was pointing out different stats and stuff at the start but as I’ve been posting, i have now kind of fallen in love with all the top 7

I keep editing cause I keep forgetting to add shit sorry fellas
Yep, apologies if I misconstrued.

It’s a tantalising buffet. We can have both lobster & steak. Surf N Turf!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Back