Pick 4 - Carlton - Sid Draper
Pick 5 - Adelaide - Jagga Smith
Pick 6 - Melbourne - Josh Smillie
Pick 7 - North Melbourne - Alixander Tauru
Pick 8 - Saints - Harvey Langford
Pick 9 - Suns - Leo Lombard
Pick 10 - Essendon - Isaac Kako
Pick 11 - Saints - Murphy Reid
All I can say is Id wish to be in your position with the amount of picks you have in the top 20, happy for you’s would be a good side to watch for next season.

Also speaking about Lalor I think he comes to our club if we go the 6 to 13 instead of 2. Best trade picks in this draft. I think both of our clubs should accept that this is way more exciting than the actual season 🤣🤣

Heard or gut feel?
Justin Reid last night when asked about pick 4 plans intimated they’re open to many things. Certainly didn’t say that’ll be their pick.

They only have 4 & 64. Have to be considering doubling their selections, whether via futures or (and?) splitting 4. I dunno whether those Draper would rather not Crows reports had merit but it seems a weird thing to be made up.

Am told they met with Jagga this week, but I’m sure they met with many.

1,2 and 6 is a fantasy. North Melbourne have been explicit - they only want to slide back a few spots.

I think 6+18 is the best deal they will be offered. They will ask for 6 + 10 or 11, but we don't need to pay that much. They are a seller. They can draft their favoured tall at 6, but it's too much of a reach at 2. They are a seller and Richmond is the buyer with the most capacity to pay a fair price.

I think our view on Jagga Smith will inform this trade:
1) If we love him - do the trade to grab him at #1 or #2
2) If we really like him but think he could slide - don't do the trade, pick him up at 6
3) If we don't want him and think he will slide - do the trade, get our preferred pick at 2

Of these, I think option 2 is the most likely. I think we'll be very happy to take FOS/Lalor at 1 and punt on Smith being available at 6.

I'd rather not even bother trading for pick 2. I'd offer them 10 & 18 and if they say no, offer 10 & 11 then walk away.

Last edited:
North won’t drop under 6 for 2
6/11 I think will get done I know you don’t want to but it’s a fair deal
Leaves you with 1/2/10/18/20/23/24
You will probably only use 4 picks them trade other 3 for future 1st rounders
Then you will have 4 first rounders next year aswell

In an even draft such as this, giving North pick 11 to rise up just 4 picks, from 6 to 2, is not fair.

I'd say pick 18 is Richmond's best offer to move from 6 to 2, otherwise we just hold our picks.

Hi Guys,
Who do you think you guys will take with pick 1 and pick 2 if you end up with it? Do you have any intel on which way your LM team are leaning?
Thanks.
Apparently we interviewed Lalor 4 times, so we are evidently very keen on him.
Smith and FOS also both played for our VFL team and did well.

The offer of 6 and 18 for 2 is fair

Blues got pick 3 for 12+14

6 is a farrrrrrr better pick than 12 and 14 to 18 isnt much of a difference with the depth of this class

Leaving us with 1, 2, 10, 11, 20, 23, 24

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a reason North are trying to offload pick 2 and that's because the player they really want is further down the order so will try and get overs.

I really hope we aren't stupid just because we have plenty of draft capital, if North are desperate then they will take a lower pick and pick 6 should be definately off the table.

The offer of 6 and 18 for 2 is fair

Blues got pick 3 for 12+14

6 is a farrrrrrr better pick than 12 and 14 to 18 isnt much of a difference with the depth of this class

Leaving us with 1, 2, 10, 11, 20, 23, 24
North will be more in need to moving it than us wanting it now. Shifts into our favour, plus we have King Blair in our court.

wouldnt get past the blues

more chance of us passing on Jagga and getting him at 6
Need Norf to hold 2 and take Tauru for that to be a chance I think. Seems unlikely.

Think it goes

Lalor
FOS
Draper
Langford/Smith
Not sure probably the one the Crows don't take.
Smillie

North will be more in need to moving it than us wanting it now. Shifts into our favour, plus we have King Blair in our court.

Yep make them sweat, we really don't need to do anything. We've already got 2 of the best 6 kids, we've got 2 picks if anyone falls unexpectedly and then we've got 4 picks to fill a few structural holes or future trades.

If we go and offer up pick 6, I'll spew that all our good work is slightly undone. We aren't Gold Coast offering picks like candy.

This isn't about helping North get better, we've just lost 4 of our better players in trades. We need to find their replacements.

Just looking at GWS trajectory given 2011 draft is similar to ours but wasn't as good a draft because they'd take the best kids born Jan-Apr already (Cameron, Treloar, Shiela etc)

Following years came last, last, 3rd last, 11th.

After that went PF, PF, SF, GF, 10th, SF, 16th, PF, SF.

Really didn't take long to get out of the doldrums. We will have added advantage of being easier to hold Vic kids and attract FA/trade targets.

Just looking at GWS trajectory given 2011 draft is similar to ours but wasn't as good a draft because they'd take the best kids born Jan-Apr already (Cameron, Treloar, Shiela etc)

Following years came last, last, 3rd last, 11th.

After that went PF, PF, SF, GF, 10th, SF, 16th, PF, SF.

Really didn't take long to get out of the doldrums. We will have added advantage of being easier to hold Vic kids and attract FA/trade targets.

i expect our trajectory to go like this starting from next season

18th, 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 18th, 18th, 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back