List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

OH FFS Bro, you gon have to include the punchline in these shit tags.

Man, I am so tired of this shit, so tired.

Comedy Central Lol GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

Spot on.

Blair is on record saying it a very even draft and we've already knocked back a pick swap for no.3 in the Baker trade. It's 100/1 that we trade up unless the deal is so one sided Kornehole wants the AFL to step in and take over Norf.

6 & 18 is not happening. 6 & 24 for 2 & F2 is the ball park we are talking to get Blairs interest.
I watched vic-metro v vic-country last night .. after watching it I wouldn’t be giving up 2 first rounders to move to pick2 …. No chance.

Let's be optimistic about North's performance in 2025. They're not finishing higher than bottom 6 (Us, them, Eagles, Dees, Dons, Saints). Adelaide improved their list massively, as did GC. Dons, Dees, Saints all did nothing or are going backwards. So best case scenario for North, they're finishing in 13th with pick 6, 24, 42, etc, in 2025.

North were willing to trade F1 (2-6) for 13 during trade period.

As I've said all along, it should be 6 and 18 for 2 and F2 (20-24).

Then just need to trade 23/24 this year for Essendon/Melbourne's F1, and one of Essendon's later picks this year. 40, 46, 53, 54, 65 are what they'll have left after matching Kako.

1 - Lalor
2 - FOS
10 - Travaglia
11 - Lindsay
20 - Hannaford
23 - Faull
46 - Davidson

Leaves space for 2 PSD/Rookie/SSP

2025: 1, 2-6, 19, 24, 55 (Kellaway F/S), 73

46 will be 38 ish

Lions 27, 32, 42, 43
GC 39, 41
Bombers 28, 31 maybe 40
Blues 38 maybe

I personally hope we target some slides into 30s with last couple of picks as there will be some excellent talent around (where are Jaques, Oliver, Ough, Davis, sims etc… gone go?) while strengthening next years hand.

46 will be 38 ish

Lions 27, 32, 42, 43
GC 39, 41
Bombers 28, 31 maybe 40
Blues 38 maybe

I personally hope we target some slides into 30s with last couple of picks as there will be some excellent talent around (where are Jaques, Oliver, Ough, Davis, sims etc… gone go?) while strengthening next years hand.

Those picks between 44 - 52 have mega value because of all the picks coming in from bid matching. Doubt they'd go for it, but I'd even be asking Essendon for their 53 as well as part of that trade.

23/24 for Ess/Melb F1, 46, 53

46 will move forward 8 places.
53 will move forward 10 places.

Last edited:
Lets do the maths. Broad Balta Vlastuin, Gibcus HRS Toranto Ross Short Campbell Nank Lynch MRJ Banks Mansell Clark Brown and hopefully Bauer should all do on average 20+ games. Hopper Prestia Miller Kosi Trezise Macaulif Smith Blight Grey Green and Fawcett/Lafau Ryan and Sonsi will probably play on average 10+ games. That would leave 80 games to be shared across all the whole season for all the draftees.. If we bring in a couple of ready to go kids like FOS and Davidson from our VFL then some of our draftees will miss out. These kids high pick kids are going to need game time to develop so, yes, it is possible to pick 7 but I still think that 5 would be better especially if we trade up to get Norths pick and trade out a couple of picks for future picks.
If. Ryan, Miller & Sonsie average 10+ games next season we are screwed.

Blair is a no BS type of guy. If he is saying its even then its even. Its also consistent with what every other club is saying.
That maybe true but we also have 8 picks inside 24 so if he said anything else it would weaken those picks

I think he will offer an amount that he seems fair for norths pick 2 but he won’t pay over that

For me, I'd rather pick 2 over pick 6 and 18.
In a normal draft i would agree 100% on this ^

But this draft appears to be different with no clear standout #1 and #2 seems even more variable
Richmond would have to be so in love with the top 2 kids we want that we dont want to lose the chance to have them and i am doubting we are.

With a month to go and an entire season out of the way there is still not a clear 1 or 2 players in this draft and media and draft watchers still have any variation of top 4 , Just 2 months ago most had Jagga , Smillie , Fos , Langford and some Draper and a few lalor as the #1

We will take the player we really like at #1 then rate the next 5 players at similar range and decide we will be happy to take who is left or have 2 that we think mat slide. FOS / Smillie ,Langford Lalor / Smillie /Langford , Jagga / Smillie/Langord

Or we could do something completely left field and decide we dont rate the 2nd options that highly and trade back with GWS and take their #15,#16,#21 and use these pick to trade into F1's

This option would still allow Richmond to take 6 players in the top 25 this year and allow ud another 5 in the top 25 next years. So Basically sacrificing pick #6 to build the 2025 draft hand. There will be 6-7 teams looking to get into this year draft between 10-20 so getting 15,16,21 could be extremely handy to move

Whilst this not be what people would want , Blair would be looking at it as a longer term plan to build the team with numbers.

I dont believe we are wed to any player in this years draft and all options would be open

North were willing to trade F1 (2-6) for 13 during trade period.
I don't think it would have ended up as just pick 13 though. I think that's disingenuous to say when the trade never eventuated. They probably would have asked for 13 and a future first rounder.

Everything you said I'm okay with, I just don't think we get anything else back if we trade 6 and 18 for 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it would have ended up as just pick 13 though. I think that's disingenuous to say when the trade never eventuated. They probably would have asked for 13 and a future first rounder.

Everything you said I'm okay with, I just don't think we get anything else back if we trade 6 and 18 for 2.
Apparently it was going to be 13/29 for future 1st

Rumour was they were offering F1 + something extra for it. But that was to get a 2 x AA player on the cheap so it's bit different from trading for an unknown commodity.

Apparently it was going to be 13/29 for future 1st
Rumour was they were offering F1 + something extra for it. But that was to get a 2 x AA player on the cheap so it's bit different from trading for an unknown commodity.
Norf fan thinks they were getting more than 13 for F1
Neutral fan thinks they were giving more than F1 for 13

Who to believe?

Norf fan thinks they were getting more than 13 for F1
Neutral fan thinks they were giving more than F1 for 13

Who to believe?
Well considering the deal the North fan said is still horrendous I'm inclined to believe them

Eth-dog's mock draft on the draft page has us getting

Lalor, Tauru, Langford, Armstrong, Shanahan, Hotton, Dodson.

That's maybe as good as I've seen. Super balanced, maybe opt for a midfielder or some pace over Armstrong or Shanahan but, wow, that would be good. Langford sliding to our third pick seems like a pipe dream, but imagine....

So many inequitable trades being proposed lately.
Seems people have a big ego after the trade period and think we are the kings of the universe.

Yes we have some leverage but that doesn't counteract the notion of being reasonable.

Temper your expectations.
Part of the reason why I'm against trading out is that I don't believe we're going to get the type of deal that people would be happy with. Trading 6 & 18 for just 2 coming back isn't a good deal for us, given our list has more holes than a block of Swiss cheese.

For me it's quite simple, if we're trading 2 picks out then I would be wanting 2 picks to come back for roughly the same value. That is why I suggested the trade I did this morning. We could win big from it is the Roos don't have the type of season that the club would be hoping for i.e. pushing up into the middle 6 group. At worse we'd break even with pick 11 this year being the similar value of the pick we'd get back next year.

North's only real option is to trade with us and l dont see why we should overspend to help them. We should not be trading 6, we only stand to weaken our position because forcing North to spend 2 on a tall helps another one of the midfielders slide to pick 6. If they are hell bent on the best tall (say Armstrong)... force them to spend 2 on it. If 6 is being offered, the ONLY pick l'm willing to offer up is 23 at best!

Still think us trading 11 and 20 for GWS's pick 15 & 16 is our first move. Then give North 10 & 15.... which will guarantee them to at least one of Tarau or Armstrong at 10 (particularly given we will most likely take 3 midfielders with 1, 2 and 6. I cant see any world where North dont get one of Tarau or Armstrong at 10. And then they've got 15 (which is better than 23).

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back