List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not big on Moreas as a 1st rounder myself. Has good nous for goal, high work rate, good accumulator and has a very good footy brain. What worries me for an outside player is he's not a good kick or really quick. I'd prefer him to have at least one of those attributes if we're spending a 1st rounder on him, not even sure I'd spend our 2nd rounder on him.

I'd much rather Harrison Oliver myself, I wouldn't be against taking him at 18. We are going to lose a bit of that toughness, and attack on the ball with Duryea and Jones nearing retirement and Oliver has plenty of that plus he's a very nice kick.
Can see Moraes sliding even further come draft night. I’d happily take a punt on him around the 25-30 range.

This draft crop isn’t brimming with medium sized defenders but Oliver and Lachie Jacques have impressed me as potential Duryea successors.

Hotton looks quick and classy, I would pick him up in spite of his knee injury.

Can see Moraes sliding even further come draft night. I’d happily take a punt on him around the 25-30 range.

This draft crop isn’t brimming with medium sized defenders but Oliver and Lachie Jacques have impressed me as potential Duryea successors.

Hotton looks quick and classy, I would pick him up in spite of his knee injury.

Agree. I'd prefer to go with a mid or small forward early and then look at defenders later on. I'd be happy if with took two in this draft. Charlson, Clarke and O'Farrell I quite like also.

Hoping a few teams go earlier on talls and Hotton slides to us.

True footy on YouTube has us picking Bo Allan (tall WA midfielder) with one of our Baz picks. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

True footy on YouTube has us picking Bo Allan (tall WA midfielder) with one of our Baz picks. Thoughts?

Would be very good. His kicking under pressure through the midfield looked pretty poor at different stages at the champs which is the main knock. Has a lot of talent though, I don't expect him to be available.

Leadership qualities will be good. Can take over Bont when he decides to hand over the captaincy.

Allan sounds like a good investment but will we have a suitable pick with which to select him?
Likely goes to Blues or Essendon. His range is about 10-15 so just before where we likely have a pick.
I'd imagine Hotton slides out of the top 15 with his ACL injury, he was almost a lock for top 5 before hand. He is the one I'd be realisticly targeting If we ended up with geelongs first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless his ACL effects his mobility and speed drastically (unlikely) it'd have to be a significant drop off for him to turn out the dud brother. The elder hotton is on the cusp of delist material at the moment.
Damn! That bad already? I remember some saying that the Saints did alright picking up a slider in the draft. Injuries? Just hasn't been able to put it together at this level? Glaring weaknesses?

Damn! That bad already? I remember some saying that the Saints did alright picking up a slider in the draft. Injuries? Just hasn't been able to put it together at this level? Glaring weaknesses?
Just looks too outside, he isnt even 20 yet so I wouldn't want to write him off completely just yet but if he hadn't improved by this time next year I dare say he'd be looking for another club.

We seem to like drafting players with speed and or endurance of late so I'd keep an eye on those sorts of players over our picks wherever they lie in the end
True. We may need to wait until the combine to really nail down our target list

Jaxon Artemis is a player I like the look of with one of our later picks. Plays off half back or on the wing.

Would be a nice replacement for JJ should he choose to retire. Pulls off some piercing kicks and has pace to burn. He was also named WA MVP.
Sounds like a Harry Potter character.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back