List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He had a day out against us in the VFL. I wonder where he would fit in at AFL level wether it's wing or half forward or medium/pseudo-tall forward.
It would be interesting were Sam would fit in at AFL level kind of surprised Richmond didn’t take him in the Mid - Season draft

Any chance we use the Bailey Smith pick to move up in the draft and get Trainer? It looks like he will slip to early teens.

This was Reported by Josh Gabelich on SEN Sportsday that we interested in Sam Davidson from Richmond VFL side. GWS and Collingwood are the other two clubs that like the lad

Interesting.

Decent history of that Fothergill-Round-Mitchell Medal winner (VFL most promising player) adapting to AFL level.

This was Reported by Josh Gabelich on SEN Sportsday that we interested in Sam Davidson from Richmond VFL side. GWS and Collingwood are the other two clubs that like the lad
Oh man I just got flashbacks to picking up Tom Davidson in 2006 thinking he'd solve our tall forward problems!

I think he could given the popularity of small forwards these days and given his last month or so of footy. I wouldn't have him in the first 18 or so picks, I think he could go anywhere after that as it's still very even and open still. He should test well at the state combine for both pace and agility which will help also. I imagine he will at least be top 10 for pace, maybe agility as well.

This is what his coach said at the bottom.

We say: While he is a handy player at either end, Hannaford has jumped up in draft calculations since switching from halfback to half-forward in the second half of the year. He kicked a bag of five goals against Oakleigh in round 18 and stood out with six goals in the a quarter-final win over Geelong.

They say: “This kid can just play both ends. He’s got such high end speed, such quick reactions off the mark. He’s so powerful and aggressive. His forward pressure’s A-grade, it’s elite, but he can also hit the scoreboard.” – Rebels coach David Loader
He screams bolter to me. I wouldn't be pinning my hopes on him being available where he's currently being rated, and also wouldn't be surprised if he does go first round.

Is Datoli that mid/fwd hybrid we're looking for?

Going early 2nd round on most draft boards.

He does look like a bulldogs type in the manner in which he plays. Good hands in tight, good in contest (at least for an outside type), likes to take the tackler on, has high football IQ rather then raw athleticism. My only concern with it is, I think we need to find players with more athleticism in particular pace and Dattoli doesn't look overly quick.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back