List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

FYI

Will add a 2024 NAB Draft & Trade tracker thread, stickied.

Tag me when we have a confirmed trade/draft and I will update the thread accordingly

Listened to Cal Twoomey's and Riley Beveridge's podcast on trade radio today (the only one worth listening on trade radio IMO). Cal mentioned there's a consensus amongst recruiters on the first 27 names, but there's wildly differing views on who goes where. Makes sense as a couple contacts I have, we normally agree on a lot, but with this draft we don't agree on much apart from it is the most even draft that we've seen and we've all been following the draft for 10+ years.

The draft is going to throw up a lot of surprises I think.

Last edited:

Listened to Cal Twoomey's and Riley Beveridge's podcast on trade radio today (the only one worth listening on trade radio IMO). Cal mentioned there's a consensus amongst recruiters on the first 27 names, but there's wildly differing views on who goes where. Makes sense as a couple contacts I have, we normally agree on a lot, but with this is draft we don't agree on much apart from it is the most even draft that we've seen and we've all been following it for 10+ years.

Honestly, it would not surprise me if in five years time, the best player from this upcoming draft, wasn't picked inside the top 10.

Listened to Cal Twoomey's and Riley Beveridge's podcast on trade radio today (the only one worth listening on trade radio IMO). Cal mentioned there's a consensus amongst recruiters on the first 27 names, but there's wildly differing views on who goes where. Makes sense as a couple contacts I have, we normally agree on a lot, but with this draft we don't agree on much apart from it is the most even draft that we've seen and we've all been following the draft for 10+ years.

With the previous two drafts giving players like Sheezle, Wardlaw, Watson, Reid and Sanders, how would you compare the top 10 to 15 of this draft crop?

With the previous two drafts giving players like Sheezle, Wardlaw, Watson, Reid and Sanders, how would you compare the top 10 to 15 of this draft crop?

I don’t think there will be many superstars in this draft. Last year for example, I thought Reid and Walter could regularly feature in the top 20 players of the comp. The next 3 in McKercher, Duursma and Watson I thought could regularly feature in the top 50 players in the comp.

This year, I’m not seeing many that stand out like the above, more on the Sanders rung (top 100 player and maybe pushing into top 50 on occasions). I think there will be a lot of very good players across the top 30, as in more then usual though. It's a fairly diverse draft too, apart from rucks.

Honestly, it would not surprise me if in five years time, the best player from this upcoming draft, wasn't picked inside the top 10.
It's not uncommon - Holmes, Neale, Liberatore

This year, I’m not seeing many that stand out like the above, more on the Sanders rung (top 100 player and maybe pushing into top 50 on occasions). I think there will be a lot of very good players across the top 30, as in more then usual though. It's a fairly diverse draft too, apart from rucks.

So this year is generally players that are likely to be good, solid players but may not have incredibly high ceilings?

So this year is generally players that are likely to be good, solid players but may not have incredibly high ceilings?
The top prospects as under agers haven't really kicked on as much as expected, apart from Sid Draper.

I'd be all over Langford if I was Richmond. He's not the 'best' prospect but he's "most likely to win games off his own boot".

There's quality in the draft but it's not as mid - dominant at the top end as expected. A lot of smalls / wings and talls in the mix now too

I don’t think there will be many superstars in this draft. Last year for example, I thought Reid and Walter could regularly feature in the top 20 players of the comp. The next 3 in McKercher, Duursma and Watson I thought could regularly feature in the top 50 players in the comp.

Great explanation,thanks

I’d be considering Tobie Travaglia in top 5 calculations, think he’s the perfect player for the modern game
Ed Richards mk 2

The top prospects as under agers haven't really kicked on as much as expected, apart from Sid Draper.

I'd be all over Langford if I was Richmond. He's not the 'best' prospect but he's "most likely to win games off his own boot".

There's quality in the draft but it's not as mid - dominant at the top end as expected. A lot of smalls / wings and talls in the mix now to
I'd think if it weren't for the finger/thumb injuries FOS would've been a stand out pick one choice. He will still go top 4 but even that will go down as a steal in a few years in my view.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd think if it weren't for the finger/thumb injuries FOS would've been a stand out pick one choice. He will still go top 4 but even that will go down as a steal in a few years in my view.
Ashcroft will get bid high.
Smillie/Jagga Smith haven't kicked on though. Ditto Moraes

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back