List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

FYI

Will add a 2024 NAB Draft & Trade tracker thread, stickied.

Tag me when we have a confirmed trade/draft and I will update the thread accordingly

It’s not known how many there are is that right?

Got enough 194cm defenders on our books already to be taking that risk if you ask me.
We need quality midfielders. Getting the small forward to complement Weightman is also pretty high up the list but looking at the age of our midfield we have a big problem if we don't draft young mids over the next few drafts

Good post, trading 25 + future first for a pick that would get us Berry might be worth it. Fills an immediate need and so many clubs are on the lookout for that elusive small, quick forward. I can't see any clubs taking that trade, but the price feels about right in a normal draft.

Hannaford could be there at 17.

It's a hard one though, small forwards are so in vogue right now, meaning guys like Berry and Hannaford could go earlier than expected. And we desperately need young mids coming through.
I know we are talking in potentially an alternate reality but seriously, Berry and Hannaford could really round out our list. If not Hannaford at 17, who else?

Theres always less info of the players further down the list, be interesting to see if we look at a couple options with our later picks. Is this why people are talking about trading up or is that just the typical wanting new toys happening?

we have a smidgen of the info that the club would obviously, but I just see Berry as a safe bet. Lock it away for 10 years along with the rest of our young forward line. I like that he gets up the ground too as Cody doesn’t really do that. Sam Power mentioned potentially trading up in the post trade period video the other day so its clearly being looked at. Again, it will come down to the price.

I dont see mids as a desperate need with Bont 29 next year, Richards emerging and Sanders looking for more minutes next year, not to mention Kennedy coming in. I still have plenty of faith in Sanders and he looks hungry to break in to the midfield.

I know we are talking in potentially an alternate reality but seriously, Berry and Hannaford could really round out our list. If not Hannaford at 17, who else?

we have a smidgen of the info that the club would obviously, but I just see Berry as a safe bet. Lock it away for 10 years along with the rest of our young forward line. I like that he gets up the ground too as Cody doesn’t really do that. Sam Power mentioned potentially trading up in the post trade period video the other day so its clearly being looked at. Again, it will come down to the price.

I dont see mids as a desperate need with Bont 29 next year, Richards emerging and Sanders looking for more minutes next year, not to mention Kennedy coming in. I still have plenty of faith in Sanders and he looks hungry to break in to the midfield.
Kids drafted around 20+ usually take a few seasons before becoming regular best 22 players especially when talking about players who can come into the midfield. If you look forward 3 years or so which is what I usually do when thinking about players who are being drafted in one year then Libba and Treleor are retired most likely, Bont is 31, Kennedy 30 and then that leaves the under 30's group at that time being just being Richards and Sanders.

Our next three or so years in the drafts are likely going to be pretty heavily targeting smaller players with maybe a KPD or two in there somewhere along the way.

Kids drafted around 20+ usually take a few seasons before becoming regular best 22 players especially when talking about players who can come into the midfield. If you look forward 3 years or so which is what I usually do when thinking about players who are being drafted in one year then Libba and Treleor are retired most likely, Bont is 31, Kennedy 30 and then that leaves the under 30's group at that time being just being Richards and Sanders.

Our next three or so years in the drafts are likely going to be pretty heavily targeting smaller players with maybe a KPD or two in there somewhere along the way.
I see your point, it is certainly a valid one. Agree with drafting focus for next few years, hopefully Croft can be that KPD. Midfield definitely needs attention but I just want us to win a flag in that 3 year period you speak of. Classy and/or athletic ground ball players help us do that more so than more mids.

The delicate art of list management. Not sure how they get any sleep, theres a rabbit hole hiding behind every thought

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back