List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

FYI

Will add a 2024 NAB Draft & Trade tracker thread, stickied.

Tag me when we have a confirmed trade/draft and I will update the thread accordingly

I asked a question a few days ago about him but no one answered. Just over half way through the season he was doing good, but not great. Some areas he could have done with better numbers. But stuff like his tackling numbers were elite. Wasn't in a few top 30 rankings and did he not get a combine invite? Then suddenly he explodes with an impressive final few weeks. Disposals and goal numbers shoot right up. Suddenly a potential top 20 chance.

My concern is. Are you confident enough that the last few weeks were not a flash compared to the rest of his career? I mean even the worst players can have a hot patch. My concern is if we draft him, which version are we getting? The one in the last few weeks, of the one for the season and a half before that?

I rate and want him with our pick as much. Just want to make sure that if we draft him, that he can live up to those last few weeks at the next level.
This is the fascinating uncertainty of the draft. Despite all the research, interviewing and due diligence there always seem to be a component of 20% unknown/uncertainty. Call it luck if you like.

Your same questions could have been asked about Bont in his draft year. He rocketed up the boards very late in the season. Turned out all right. But for every Bont there may be ten Christian Howards.

This is the fascinating uncertainty of the draft. Despite all the research, interviewing and due diligence there always seem to be a component of 20% unknown/uncertainty. Call it luck if you like.

Your same questions could have been asked about Bont in his draft year. He rocketed up the boards very late in the season. Turned out all right. But for every Bont there may be ten Christian Howards.
I'll never forget Garry Lyon wheeling out a fresh faced Jimmy toumpas on the Footy show talking him up as a sure thing to be the best in the game and saviour of the Melbourne footy club.

I asked a question a few days ago about him but no one answered. Just over half way through the season he was doing good, but not great. Some areas he could have done with better numbers. But stuff like his tackling numbers were elite. Wasn't in a few top 30 rankings and did he not get a combine invite? Then suddenly he explodes with an impressive final few weeks. Disposals and goal numbers shoot right up. Suddenly a potential top 20 chance.

My concern is. Are you confident enough that the last few weeks were not a flash compared to the rest of his career? I mean even the worst players can have a hot patch. My concern is if we draft him, which version are we getting? The one in the last few weeks, of the one for the season and a half before that?

I rate and want him with our pick as much. Just want to make sure that if we draft him, that he can live up to those last few weeks at the next level.

Yes, Dav1d nailed it. This is what I posted a while back.

Given Hannaford’s last month or so, he may be pushing top 30 now. Played down back the first half of the year and then kicked 20 goals in the 8 games when shifted forward including 6 goals last week. He beat a pretty good player in Lachie Jaques too. He’s definitely the type we should be after. Very good defensive intent that likes to tackle and is a good tackler. Has an aggressive streak and can play up the ground as well as deep.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back