List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

FYI

Will add a 2024 NAB Draft & Trade tracker thread, stickied.

Tag me when we have a confirmed trade/draft and I will update the thread accordingly

I’m on the moraes bandwagon after watching he’s highlights. The rozee comparison on here was spot on imo. What’s the knock on him ?
Lacks the wow factor of other top prospects this year, is more an accumulator rather then damaging wingman and hasn't improved from his underage year (regressed if anything). At the start of the year I had him comfortably top ten but after 12 months he has slipped completely out of the first round.

Lacks the wow factor of other top prospects this year, is more an accumulator rather then damaging wingman and hasn't improved from his underage year (regressed if anything). At the start of the year I had him comfortably top ten but after 12 months he has slipped completely out of the first round.
The fact he hasn't really improved any is a bit of a worry for me. I prefer players who do well in their draft year particularly those who do well later in the year as they likely have more growth. It is the knock I have on Moraes and Gross.

Interesting article….just gives you some insight into some later picks from the draftees perspective. Plenty of love for Angus Clarke, Harry Oliver and Hamish Davis.

I think Harrison Oliver would be a good fit for us, still there at 35? Which should come in a couple of spots…

So the guys the players have mentioned

James Barrat (193cm KPD, GWV)
Joshua Murphy (190cm Forward, Murray Bushrangers)
Angus Clarke (188cm Def, Glenelg)
Kade Herbert (184cm Wing/Fwd, WWT)
Harry Oliver (181cm, Def, Sandy Dragons)
Jayden Nguyen (177cm, def, Calder)
Tom Gross (181cm inside mid, Oakleigh)
Oliver Hannaford (180cm fwd/mid, GWV)
Luke Kennedy (180cm balanced mid, Sandy Dragons)
Mitch Kirkwood-Scott (177cm def, Sandy Dragons)
Lachie Jacques (184cm def, Geelong Falcons)
Hamish Davis (190cm mid/fwd, Claremont)
Charlie Nicholls (197cm Key Position Utility, Central Districts)

So the guys the players have mentioned

James Barrat (193cm KPD, GWV)
Joshua Murphy (190cm Forward, Murray Bushrangers)
Angus Clarke (188cm Def, Glenelg)
Kade Herbert (184cm Wing/Fwd, WWT)
Harry Oliver (181cm, Def, Sandy Dragons)
Jayden Nguyen (177cm, def, Calder)
Tom Gross (181cm inside mid, Oakleigh)
Oliver Hannaford (180cm fwd/mid, GWV)
Luke Kennedy (180cm balanced mid, Sandy Dragons)
Mitch Kirkwood-Scott (177cm def, Sandy Dragons)
Lachie Jacques (184cm def, Geelong Falcons)
Hamish Davis (190cm mid/fwd, Claremont)
Charlie Nicholls (197cm Key Position Utility, Central Districts)
Hamish Davis has performed against men. Big tick.
Harry Oliver is a real need too and I'd be happy if we picked him up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watching some highlights and I really like the look of Moraes - seems to have decent balance and clean skills...kicking action a touch different but seems effective

very atheltic and a good runner with endurance!
Is a concern that he hasn't shown much in the way of improvement in his draft year. Has there been an injury? Maybe he has topped out seems like he could be a gamble which may or may not pay off

There are quite a few around this year. Reckon we will fill in our small forward/midfield needs in the national draft though unless Clarke slips a bit which is unlikely.

I guess the upside to being stacked for talls is that we can afford to take the best available smalls at our picks, regardless of position -> we have small needs everywhere.

Rather than restrict our selection based on position, we are probably more likely to restrict them based on traits such as running and disposal by foot.

If they can run and kick and play well, we will find a spot for them. Can we have 4 x Ed Richards please?

I think it has to be one of Hotton or Hannaford unfortunately.
Lots of mock drafts showing bottom, berry and hannaford all going before our first pick. But then again one of them said we will pick a ruckman with our first pick. But we need to go hard for Richmond pick 11.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back