Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
This is like watching a slow-motion train crash of list management.

Watch these blokes all retire and we fall off a cliff as Tassie comes in and we sit on the bottom for a decade.

Or worse, we bottom out earlier and have to keep paying these blokes to sit in rehab preventing us from topping up.
You can.... always join Tassie ;)

Got 4 years now, he might outlive Goody 😉
GIF by Giphy QA

Tom Morris devastated Viney is staying. According to Morris only days ago, Viney was seriously considering a move to Norf and was a big chance lo leave. Lol. Keep guessing Tom. You'll get one right eventually. Viney emphatically saying in his letter he was never going anywhere. Hopefully that was a dig at Morris.

Morris never said Viney was considering a move. Simply reported that North were keen on him, which was confirmed by Clarko.

Morris also reported that an extension was on the cards.

Honestly, it's silly how people's opinion of media reports hinges on whether they like it or not. Let's at least be factual if we're critiquing others of making stuff up.

Personally I'm stoked that Viney has extended. He has given us so much joy crushing opposition players for over a decade (especially a few cheeky ones who tried a don't argue and got smashed).

He gave us hope when everything was so god damn dark.

He is such a leader, hard trainer, true professional and bleeds red and blue.

Worst case we get a couple of good years and then he is on the list training hard, mentoring young kids and providing stability.

If he had left because he wanted to I would have been ok with it as he owed is nothing but being a 1 club player is even better.

Last edited:
Nah, come down to our environment and see for yourself. Training home base is good as the Dees - non existent.
All my family now live in Hobart. It sort of crept up on me.

Love Tassie. Hope the new team kill it

Personally I'm stoked that Viney has extended. He has given us so much joy crushing opposition players for over a decade (especially a few cheeky ones who tried a don't argue and got smashed).

He gave us hope when everything was so good damn dark.

He is such a leader, hard trainer, true professional and bleeds red and blue.

Worst case we get a couple of good years and then he is on the list training hard, mentoring young kids and providing stability.

If he had left because he wanted to I would have been ok with it as he owed is nothing but being a 1 club player is even better.
I really like Viney and am happy to see him stay a Demon. But come on. He was out of contract at the end of next year, hardly a rush to re-sign, and even then, why an extra 3 years? This has all been purely a ploy by his manager to get maximum value and we blinked first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really like Viney and am happy to see him stay a Demon. But come on. He was out of contract at the end of next year, hardly a rush to re-sign, and even then, why an extra 3 years? This has all been purely a ploy by his manager to get maximum value and we blinked first.

Disagree. I have a feeling that extending out both Viney and Gawn not long before the trade and free agency period is a way to spread out their current deals and free up cap space for players we may have incoming.

If so, good business IMO.

Disagree. I have a feeling that extending out both Viney and Gawn not long before the trade and free agency period is a way to spread out their current deals and free up cap space for players we may have incoming.

You may indeed be correct. But I'd rather jump to conclusions based on the limited information I have and BLAME TIM LAMB!

What you say makes sense but are we even linked with anyone worth paying now?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back