Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
What would be worse, Mcvee and Rivers request trades back to WA or in a show of solidarity the clubs signs Goodwin to a 7 year extension
Goodwin signing but it won't happen where the other scenario might.

Goodwin signing but it won't happen where the other scenario might.
I'm trying to think of what the next thing that could actually go wrong is and I think it's still us trading our first out for a good not great senior player

I'm trying to think of what the next thing that could actually go wrong is and I think it's still us trading our first out for a good not great senior player
At this rate it will be us trading out several first round picks for "good but not so great" ageing players looking for that Trac money to replace our generational talents...

Jay Clark apparently said we're looking at Caleb Daniel, in which case, pack the joint up.

Who out there is the modern-day Chris Dawes? If there is one, that’s where our first is headed.

I still think there is time for a few more players to want out before that time though

Proper Gander in your email you forgot to tell them the part when nickgrant69 from Canada paid for a gws membership instead. The darkest day in club history
Good point. I should really follow up on that one. These things should not be allowed to happen

Who out there is the modern-day Chris Dawes? If there is one, that’s where our first is headed.

I still think there is time for a few more players to want out before that time though
A shit key forward being carried in a very good team
'scans lists'
Welcome to Melbourne Harry McKay

A shit key forward being carried in a very good team
'scans lists'
Welcome to Melbourne Harry McKay
Yes indeed.

In all the media mess where they just invent trade hypotheticals then debate these strange fantasies into the ground, nobody seems to have really considered that McKay would be horrible for Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes indeed.

In all the media mess where they just invent trade hypotheticals then debate these strange fantasies into the ground, nobody seems to have really considered that McKay would be horrible for Melbourne.
The 'Melbourne need a key forward' talking point is as boring as the 'Salem is a great kick' talking point.

Yes indeed.

I think Rude said it best, everyone would be shit for Melbourne

Here's what I'm expecting today based off the current cycle of friggin terrible player news followed by some leaked attempt at positive news from the club.

"Liam Jurrahs back baby": Jurrah given special dispensation from jail or raised from the dead... or whichever way he went

And/or

"No turtles allowed fat camp" Austin Wonaeamirri to join Oliver overseas on as part of a comback attempt

Here's what I'm expecting today based off the current cycle of friggin terrible player news followed by some leaked attempt at positive news from the club.

"Liam Jurrahs back baby": Jurrah given special dispensation from jail or raised from the dead... or whichever way he went

And/or

"No turtles allowed fat camp" Austin Wonaeamirri to join Oliver overseas on as part of a comback attempt
Was expecting the second one to be a Brock McLean reference.

I think Rude said it best, everyone would be shit for Melbourne
He’s not wrong.

That’s why I think skip the trade thing altogether. Take picks to the draft and hope like hell we don’t destroy their careers and lives before we can turnover the whole coaching group.

The only players who would agree to come to Melbourne are going to be average at best and after a payday

Think one aspect that has kind of been missed in all the discussions about our culture is that it seems like a lot of our players don't really get along or like each other very much.

There's something to be said for Petracca's complaints about his teammates not checking in on him.

I remember there was an incident in either 2022 or 23, one of Collingwood's players went down, the stretcher came out and before it drove away every Collingwood player was around it showing some love for their fallen teammate.

I don't feel like we really have that. Instead we have players getting into fights at restaurants and ratting on each other to the media.

Kicking it long down the line to Billings and Laurie. Maybe we can get a special allowance to play all 4 but only count as 3 players on the field...
Wine Drinking GIF by BoJack Horseman

Think one aspect that has kind of been missed in all the discussions about our culture is that it seems like a lot of our players don't really get along or like each other very much.

There's something to be said for Petracca's complaints about his teammates not checking in on him.

I remember there was an incident in either 2022 or 23, one of Collingwood's players went down, the stretcher came out and before it drove away every Collingwood player was around it showing some love for their fallen teammate.

I don't feel like we really have that. Instead we have players getting into fights at restaurants and ratting on each other to the media.
I bet alot of it can be tied back to Goody having favourites in the club and the feeling of certain players getting treated differently to others. Regardless of what you think of them guys like Jordan, Tomlinson, Bedford, Brown etc being treated one way and others like Oliver, Sparrow, Salem treated another.

I bet alot of it can be tied back to Goody having favourites in the club and the feeling of certain players getting treated differently to others. Regardless of what you think of them guys like Jordan, Tomlinson, Bedford, Brown etc being treated one way and others like Oliver, Sparrow, Salem treated another.
There's probably a whole host of things but I don't get much of a sense of camaraderie from the group at all, think we put a lot of time into team-building stuff like that in 2020-21 and basically treated as 'jobs done' ever since.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back