Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Our strategy right now is to do nothing and hope for the best it seems.

Would be nice if they made a choice to

A. Bring in genuine best 22 players for a proper crack at the flag through aggressive trading

Or

B. Sell off as much as we can to reload in 2-3 years with a fresh batch of talent.

But nope, we are going with

C. Do sweet **** all and hope some fringe players take us from 14th to a flag while all our existing players age and devalue so we can truely bottom out when Tassie comes into the comp.

A. Bring in genuine best 22 players for a proper crack at the flag through aggressive trading

Or

B. Sell off as much as we can to reload in 2-3 years with a fresh batch of talent.

C. Do sweet **** all and hope some fringe players take us from 14th to a flag while all our existing players age and devalue so we can truely bottom out when Tassie comes into the comp.

Its what Dim Lamb does best, because he is a do-nothing moron.

Or

They tried to do A but so far nobody wanted to come. Houston, Waterman, Battle, Peatling.

They tried to do A but so far nobody wanted to come. Houston, Waterman, Battle, Peatling.

Acknowledged.

They failed at it yet again like they have the last 3-4 off seasons at bringing in anyone decent hence why they should resort to B.

Wish I could fail at my job 3-4 years in a row and still be employed.

Acknowledged.

They failed at it yet again like they have the last 3-4 off seasons at bringing in anyone decent hence why they should resort to B.

Wish I could fail at my job 3-4 years in a row and still be employed.

This is a fair point tbh. If you can't get names through the door (You won't right now) just go for youth.

Peter Ryan reporting we have an offer on table for Melksham. lol classic Lamb.

Let’s extend every old timer instead of refreshing the list.

As predictable af this bloke in charge of our list.

I like Melksham. Plus, I mean, someone has to play for us.

Yeah but he isn’t going to be part of our next flag. All he is going to do is take the spot on the list and field of a youngster who we could be drafting/getting games into.

Goodwin will probably play Melksham all year next season and keep Jeffo, Sestan and Brown in the VFL for another season.

Yeah but he isn’t going to be part of our next flag. All he is going to do is take the spot on the list and field of a youngster who we could be drafting/getting games into.
I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't be signing on with an expectation to play every game next year.

Yes, we need to rebuild, but we also need to fill list spots and have some decent senior experience around the club.

I'm fine with it. Not over the moon, not down in the dumps. Just fine.

But then again I'm basically ambivalent to everything to do with the club at the moment, so eh

I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't be signing on with an expectation to play every game next year.

Yes, we need to rebuild, but we also need to fill list spots and have some decent senior experience around the club.

I'm fine with it. Not over the moon, not down in the dumps. Just fine.

This is Goodwin we are talking about here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah maybe so. If I had a bit more confidence that he was there for culture / standard setting reasons but might play a good part of the year in the VFL then I’m totally for it. He’s apparently very funny and well liked (when not hitting people in restaurants) trains hard and has a great footy brain.

But I don’t think the club is that sensible unfortunately. They think their members want finals and we will all smile and pay up or something

But then again I'm basically ambivalent to everything to do with the club at the moment, so eh
I’m striving to even reach your ambivalent level

I like Melksham. Plus, I mean, someone has to play for us.
Exactly. We have 6 spots opening up + thommo will make 7. Prob grow to 8 or 9 depending on a couple of other fringe players shopping themselves around.

Club isn't going to be drafting at picks 70, 71, 72 just tapping into rookie picks at that stage.

They are already eyeing off guys like membry to fill list spots. I'd rather Melk than whatever has been is in the Peking order behind that.

What planet are you living on thinking he wont play every game. With Goody still here you assume he will and work backwards from there.

Honestly, that's really a feature in this draft generally. Almost all of the top end mids are excellent at navigating through heavy traffic. Draper, Jagga, FOS, Reid in particular, but even Smillie is really light on his feat and good in traffic for a big guy.

The only guy you might question in that regard is Langford given his poor agility and 20m sprint times in pre-season.
Thanks noob.
I don't put the time in these days.

Are there any with this criteria, between P10 - 20.?
I think we need another pick in the top 16 or so... So we might be able to get a couple of small inside runners.

Neither TMac or Melksham should be anywhere near our starting lineup come round one.

Here's hoping Badloss finally either

A, Gets sacked

or

B, Wakes up and sees what the Hawks,Swans and Cats are doing. Petty and Disco should not be anywhere near F50. JVR and Jeffo/Keterfeild should be our only power forwards .

I did say we should be concentrating on younger players. The positive if we did get him, is that he costs nothing and adds depth to our tall forward stocks which tbh is pretty fn thin. And I highly doubt any gun kids are knocking on our door with all the headlines atm. From what I've heard other clubs are also interested in Membrey, so who knows.
We should be using all our picks in Rnds 1 & 2 in the draft, and including any extra picks we can muster for those two rounds.

Any mature players should come free, or using Rnd 3 picks onward.

We don't need a key forward. What we need is the cattle around the likes of JVR and Turner. Hawthorn literally just won a final with Calsher Dear and Nick Watson as their main goalkickers and both are first year players.
Agree totally.
Only a tall follower/forward could work with our setup. We missed out on Big Mac. Lets find another.

Imv, predominantly mobile tall forwards like JvR and Turner, (aggression & very good for the loose ball and below they're knees), plus Petty is all we Need.

We have one genuine small forward and that's Kozzie Pickett. I'm still a bit unsure on Chandler but clearly he's programmed to fairly defensive minded first so hopefully a new forwards coach will release the shackles a little.
IMO, he's told to play the behind the ball role. Mainly. Probably a bit of the zorko type.
Maybe he can do that.?

With where the game is going it's all about forward half turnovers, ground ball gets and speed inside 50. We have none of that.

Geelong have:
Mannagh
Miers
Stengle
Close

Hawthorn
Watson
Ginnivan
Connor McDonald

GWS
Toby Greene
Brent Daniels
Darcy Jones
Toby McMullin

Sydney
Tom Papley
Will Hayward
Oliver Florent
Isaac Heeney

Brisbane
Cameron
Lohmann
Rayner
Ah-Chee
Bailey
:thumbsu:

Couldn't agree more. Need pace, pressure and goal smarts.

This also requires a mindset shift from Goody, who for some reason plays three talls + Fritsch + Melk up forward.
This is a Goody bomb long and deep setup.

I'd much prefer two talls, Fritsch and then three smalls.

Move Petty back too.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Fritsch.
The setup with the smalls only works with all players totally committed to physical defence and pressure.
Fritta dos not fit this role, at all well.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back