Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Can’t ruin him in the AFL when he is in the VFL all season.
We can ruin him there too, make him compete for scraps in a forward line full of seasoned KPF duds

Why don't we have access? These academies and the rules around them is just embarrassing. The AFL have no idea what they're doing most of the time. It really is a testament to how entrenched the sport is set in our culture that crowds still show up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How so? You don’t even know what they changed to ascertain that it isn’t what has made Ah-Mu ineligible.
If Ah Mu is picked up in the top 40 and the AFL had not have changed the rules then he wouldn't have been eligible for us anyway.

Would love to know what the actual criteria is.

Port are trying to get access to a kid because his dad went on Ancestry.com a couple of months ago.
From the website:

The program is targeted at Multicultural and Indigenous communities who may not have as much opportunity to be involved in football programs, or who have limited understanding of the game and how it is played.

Being of Samoan heritage, I would have though Ah-Mu would qualify. I cant recall many other Samoans making the grade.

From the website:

The program is targeted at Multicultural and Indigenous communities who may not have as much opportunity to be involved in football programs, or who have limited understanding of the game and how it is played.

Being of Samoan heritage, I would have though Ah-Mu would qualify. I cant recall many other Samoans making the grade.
That still doesn't explain why he would get included in the academy but not eligible for priority access. It seems arbitrary.

That still doesn't explain why he would get included in the academy but not eligible for priority access. It seems arbitrary.
The academy is supposedly open for all kids between 11-18 but those are the qualifications to be able to qualify as an NGA talent.

So, if he's an NGA player, as described in the AFL.com.au article, why Don't the Dees get priority access to him?
What had been reported is he's not an NGA player, he's just been training with the academy kids. I have no idea why he's not an NGA player though.

I mentioned this a few weeks ago and got laughed at. I heard we have a 2 year deal on the table with another couple of clubs also interested. Supposedly he's not happy with Brendon Goddard. He's happy looking around. Hopefully our offer isn't too good to refuse. Doubt he'll cost us anything though. Probably better than the tall depth we currently have in the F50. Pretty obvious with all the sh** going on at the club right now, we're not landing a big fish. I think Membrey has 1 year left with Saints but they haven't offered anything beyond that.
Interesting.

He’s an unrestricted FA, FWIW.

Struggled early in the year then had a spell in the VFL and returned and finished the year strongly. Including his highest rated game of his career.

I dare say we have a 1 year deal on the table, but with all of King, Caminiti, Sharman, Owens and Wood as other marking target options up forward, there won’t be room for all of them and Tim, so we’d understandably prioritise the younger guys over him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back