Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Do you think we should have given TMac another year? Why/why not?
No, pointless, why are we bringing him back? We arent winning shit. Better off seeing what we have in some kids.

Would rather play all of Petty, Turner or even Adams in his place. F50 should be JVR and Jefferson round 1 and for the entire year unless there is an injury. Even if you say TMac is depth, who cares? Why do we need veteran depth when all we are doing is sneaking into the 8 for a finals loss if everything goes right. Would rather finish with a top 4 pick playing Adams who looks shit than finish 10th coz TMac was able to fill in a couple of games for May.

Agree, I'm not even convinced they are the midfield of the future either. Neither have that zip and pop agility. I can't see both of them in there next year - prob just Rivers in the mix.

I would be interested in seeing Rivers do the ANB role. He would super dangerous around the 50-80m range from goal with his ability to kick long and penetrating kicks to get over the back. Could play a defensive stopper role on dangerous half backs. Has the size to take a mark. Would be an awkward matchup for opposition.
Riv even admitted his tank needed improving if he was to play permanently in the midfield. I thought his last couple of games were average, but he showed enough in a few games before that, where he can play through the midfield if needed.

McVee played midfield as a junior so it will come more naturally to him. Goodwin has had that convo with him already. And in a recent article Judd even says he hopes to train with the mids.

I don't think anyone is suggesting both will play midfield permanently. But as depth or when needed absolutely. I don't think there is anything wrong with expecting both to feature more in the midfield moving forward. There will be injuries and no doubt if we run the same midfield of Viney and Oliver, then form will no doubt force a change. And if we can't attract any decent midfield talent, then what options do we have?

No, pointless, why are we bringing him back? We arent winning shit. Better off seeing what we have in some kids.
What message would it send and what would it change? Probably finishes top 5 b&f, one of the fittest, actually looked like he gave a **** on the field, even when the rest of the team were going through the motions. Great cultural move to cut him.

Who's banging down the door to take his spot? Adams? Some kid wants his spot them come back fitter and stronger and take it.

What message would it send and what would it change? Probably finishes top 5 b&f, one of the fittest, actually looked like he gave a **** on the field, even when the rest of the team were going through the motions. Great cultural move to cut him.

Who's banging down the door to take his spot? Adams? Some kid wants his spot them come back fitter and stronger and take it.
We arent cutting him, hes OOC. Big difference.

That we accept we aren't winning the flag next year and we need to find the next wave? What do you mean? Why not give Brown, Hunter, Billings more time as well

Would rather play all of Petty, Turner or even Adams in his place. F50 should be JVR and Jefferson round 1 and for the entire year unless there is an injury. Even if you say TMac is depth, who cares? Why do we need veteran depth when all we are doing is sneaking into the 8 for a finals loss if everything goes right. Would rather finish with a top 4 pick playing Adams who looks shit than finish 10th coz TMac was able to fill in a couple of games for May.
You don't think veteran depth has an impact on the development of youth and culture? Come on man. TMac is not the one to cut. There are half a dozen others to cut before him and we could stop bringing in saints trash and got knows what else they are cooking up right now.

Adams is looking closer to a delisting than a senior call up. Tomlinson on the move. Goodwin is obsessed with Petty/Turner forward. So TMac is a no brainer for another year. He was one of the shining lights this season tbh. I wanted the guy cut more than anyone preseason, but he had a very good season down back. We're pretty screwed if no one is pushing for his spot though midseason next year or if Petty or Turner haven't been moved back. We just lack key position depth. It's terrible.

And finishing top 5 in the BNF when the club finished 14th, woo ****ing hoo. Dean Terlich finished top 3 in the B&F once, glad we kept him for culture, made a massive difference in turning the club around. :thumbsupv1:

You don't think veteran depth has an impact on the development of youth and culture? Come on man. TMac is not the one to cut. There are half a dozen others to cut before him and we could stop bringing in saints trash and got knows what else they are cooking up right now.
Stop saying we would be cutting him when we wouldnt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be moving Petty and Turner back and pumping games into Jefferson this year. All season long from round 1. It's not about competing anymore, it should be about finding out who we have for the future.
Mostly agree, though I still think there might be something there with Turner as a forward. Has a bit of presence about him, he's athletic, has a good attitude for a KPF (campaigner) and has a good kick on him.

I don't mind if we persist with him for a bit. Petty on the other hand should never go near the forward line again. And agree we need to see Jefferson – have him and Turner battle it out over preseason for the second tall role.

Mostly agree, though I still think there might be something there with Turner as a forward. Has a bit of presence about him, he's athletic, has a good attitude for a KPF (campaigner) and has a good kick on him.

I don't mind if we persist with him for a bit. Petty on the other hand should never go near the forward line again. And agree we need to see Jefferson – have him and Turner battle it out over preseason for the second tall role.
What's Turner gonna be? A 25 goal a season forward? It's so pointless. He only looked ok because we pushed Fristch up the ground, made him useless and gave more room for Turner.

But we'll still bury our heads in the sand and continue to think we can win it next year.
I agree, nothing is changing. I just think TMac being resigned can be seperated. I'm more worried about hunter being resigned or billings being extended beyond next year.

There are only so many list spots you can make available for the draft, anymore and you just open the door wider for Tim lamb stupidity.

Im sure all three of them would play in the forward 50 if Jefferson got a game. See the way they handle him at Casey, no confidence in him to be the man, just clog up his space with tall useless duds coz thats apparently great for his development. No way Goody goes with just JVR and Jeff. It will be the same useless 3 KPF set up in 2025.

Agree, happy to keep turner up there and see what happens. Let Jeffo earn his spot. Send Petty back for the love of god.

What's Turner gonna be? A 25 goal a season forward? It's so pointless. He only looked ok because we pushed Fristch up the ground, made him useless and gave more room for Turner.
25 goals is probably a good return with the delivery you get from our midfield lol.

I just like that he's mobile – think there's something to work with, but I'm not completely wedded to the idea.

Im sure all three of them would play in the forward 50 if Jefferson got a game. See the way they handle him at Casey, no confidence in him to be the man, just clog up his space with tall useless duds coz thats apparently great for his development. No way Goody goes with just JVR and Jeff. It will be the same useless 3 KPF set up in 2025.
I'm sure we'll recruit some spud ruck who can join those three in the forward line too :rainbow:

Let Jeffo earn his spot.
What do mean "earn" his spot? We have one of the lowest scoring and most dysfunctional forward lines going around. We spent a first round pick on him, ****ing play him.

25 goals is probably a good return with the delivery you get from our midfield lol.

I just like that he's mobile – think there's something to work with, but I'm not completely wedded to the idea.
Yeah but ultimately it doesn't achieve anything. JVR is the man down there, Fristch should be playing deep. Get the rest the **** out of the way

What the hell is the difference? No one gets cut when in contract in the AFL unless they breached something. If out of contract they either go somewhere else, get resigned or delisted.
Letting someone walk is different to cutting them is my point. We wouldnt be forcing him out the door, just not renewing a deal.

What do mean "earn" his spot? We have one of the lowest scoring and most dysfunctional forward lines going around. We spent a first round pick on him, ****ing play him.
Work his ass off in the off season and preseason. Come back fitter and stronger. Start winning one on ones in training drills and match practice. Force the coaches hand.

Did Windsor or McVee wait to be given their chance, they took it.

Jvr was beating down the door in his first season and forced his way in after a big preseason.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back