Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
He basically rebuilt the 2010 side on the run and was unlucky not to win a flag - McRae did brilliantly with the Pies 22/23 but that was still Buckleys list.
Think that's a little bit generous. He took over a very good team and kind of squandered it and had a bunch of players leave. They spent 4 years in the wilderness then climbed back up the ladder and nearly won it all. Not what I'd call a rebuild on the run tbh. He definitely grew into the role and would admit himself that he was a very different coach by the end than he was when he started.

Think that's a little bit generous. He took over a very good team and kind of squandered it and had a bunch of players leave. They spent 4 years in the wilderness then climbed back up the ladder and nearly won it all. Not what I'd call a rebuild on the run tbh. He definitely grew into the role and would admit himself that he was a very different coach by the end than he was when he started.

I didn't phrase it very well, what I meant was he made it into his own team rightly or wrongly and saw success.

I know from someone who got it from Lamumba (so take that with whatever grain you want) that Buckley went on a culture based clean out of the rat bags that Malthouse tolerated because they were also some of the best footballers.

It definitely hurt the team onfield in the short term.

And I agree you could see his philosophy change over the years as became much more rounded as he got more experienced and more mature.

Buckley is a very good footy brain and seems the kind of person who could command respect.

My concern is that in the years following the GF he arrived at an overly defensive game plan with lots of chipping the ball around, bad forward entries, and losing on the turnover. Like us now.

It might be better to roll the dice on fresh eyes.

I'm sure he could coach a side to many more "no premierships".
You either have what it takes or not.
Owned premiership coach hero Goodwin, you either have what it takes to beat Buckley or you dont.

Ah, the flags argument. By that logic, every single coach in the AFL should've won a premiership before being appointed.

Negligent for clubs to keep hiring coaches without flags, when they should be crying out for Goodwin and Beveridge.

Ah, the flags argument. By that logic, every single coach in the AFL should've won a premiership before being appointed.

Negligent for clubs to keep hiring coaches without flags, when they should be crying out for Goodwin and Beveridge.
Got a few mates who are big dogs supporters and they might rival us for frustration and anger about where they are at with the list they have.

Don't have any lions mates but reckon they might be right up there if they blow it again this year.

Got a few mates who are big dogs supporters and they might rival us for frustration and anger about where they are at with the list they have.

Don't have any lions mates but reckon they might be right up there if they blow it again this year.

Well, we'll see in a few hours.

But yeah just because you won a flag it only means that you have to be that good every year. Not just once. It means evolution needs to be as part of your team.

Every Hawks team in their three-peat was different from the year before, because they refused to be stagnant, they embraced evolution and adaptation be it from personnel,tactics.strategy etc... .

Last edited:
Someone like Toby Bedford with his pace would be great

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What did he do?
Eh it wouldn't bother you guys, and he's probably matured since i knew him. He was just genuinely one of those dick types back in the day

Just my personal experience to dislike him

In this game Bo Allan was given a chance to play as one of Peel's primary onballers on the big stage of a prelim final. It wasn't a prolific game for Bo, but he acquitted himself well and put together a few exiting passages of play to tease watchers with his immense potential. The defensive side of the game is where Allan is most accomplished and impactful at this stage, and where he's likely to immediately contribute most strongly at AFL level. His athleticism and physicality allow him to close space rapidly and lay powerful tackles, and he's diligent when playing the sweeping role on the defensive side of the contest. The moments when he tucks the ball under his arm and bursts free of congestion before roosting a deep and penetrating left foot ball into the forward 50 are what get's everyone excited for what he might be capable of in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back