Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:

What about the time well before trade time?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Good point – I hate it and all of you 🤗

But nah, trade period is legitimately the worst. Just a bunch of people big-noting their own players, coming up with unrealistic trade ideas or bemoaning their club's lack of action before the period has even begun, complete with journos making stories out of random rumours that surface on here purely to fill air-time. Find the whole thing very tiresome lol

Good point – I hate it and all of you 🤗

But nah, trade period is legitimately the worst. Just a bunch of people big-noting their own players, coming up with unrealistic trade ideas or bemoaning their club's lack of action before the period has even begun, complete with journos making stories out of random rumours that surface on here purely to fill air-time. Find the whole thing very tiresome lol

I understand that, however, as you and I are fans of US sports, this type of 24/7 coverage is the norm over there. Its Americanized and its very tedious.

Not to mention one of my favourites – if your club is trading out a 28-year-old player, they're 27 and in their prime. If you're trading in said player, they're 29 and about to retire. Like clockwork.

I understand that, however, as you and I are fans of US sports, this type of 24/7 coverage is the norm over there. Its Americanized and its very tedious.
Oh absolutely. How would I be able to deal without all the ESPN Trade Machine articles with no substance in them whatsoever lol.

Maybe it's just a sign of getting older. When I was younger, I used to eat all the trade stuff up. Now I just want to know when the trades have happened, spare me the discourse and endless posturing by legions of egotists.

Not to mention one of my favourites – if your club is trading out a 28-year-old player, they're 27 and in their prime. If you're trading in said player, they're 29 and about to retire. Like clockwork.

Even though most of the people writing these articles are older than 30 saying to a 29-y-o that they are "done". Most of these journos need a long hard look at themselves.

Seriously. Every. Single. Trade. Period.

Oh absolutely. How would I be able to deal without all the ESPN Trade Machine articles with no substance in them whatsoever lol.

Maybe it's just a sign of getting older. When I was younger, I used to eat all the trade stuff up. Now I just want to know when the trades have happened, spare me the discourse and endless posturing by legions of egotists.

Same, not to mention all the cliches and well worn out tropes come this time of year.

Example "He is a required player"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My favourite is when supporters list out a player's achievements to pump up their value in an online, hypothetical trade. The list always starts big, then drops off.
  • 2 X B&F
  • 3 X club leading goalkicker
  • 200 games
  • In the leadership group
  • Is over 6ft
  • Returns the trolley at the supermarket carpark
  • Called David

My favourite is when supporters list out a player's achievements to pump up their value in an online, hypothetical trade. The list always starts big, then drops off.
  • 2 X B&F
  • 200 games
  • Is over 6ft
  • Called David
So basically the teamsheets I put together for the draft comp? :love:

• 2 X B&F
  • 200 games
  • Is over 6ft
  • Called David
Hate when someone lists "premiership player" most. Who gives a shit.

There are so many people on big footy who do, I remember having this argument with Dees fans on here when we recruited Dawes, Byrnes and Lumumba. They actually believed they would make a massive difference coz they were part of a premiership team 😂

There are so many people on big footy who do, I remember having this argument with Dees fans on here when we recruited Dawes, Byrnes and Lumumba. They actually believed they would make a massive difference coz they were part of a premiership team 😂

PREMIERSHIP PLAYER Charlie Spargo

Randomly highlighting things in different coloured font and bold lettering.

You've got me on the ropes Sugar , I'm so bamboozled.
I posted that as a way of showing that Lamb may not be our issue. he was installed back in 2012... so he was a big part of our drafting. The article shows his background in u-18's footy.. so should really know his young players.
I am not sold on him being our problem, but maybe, just maybe, he was told what we wanted... to add to the list over the past few years.

I think our co-ching dep't, and Goody and Richardson were likely at the bottom of us going NQR top ups.

I don't blame JT and I'm not so sure Lamby is to blame for us trading in washed up types... and in the process, we have left ourselves low on talent coming into the list, but also some much needed aggression.

Our footy dept needs a good look over, imv.

Last edited:

Not going to lie, I say it when it suits my narrative. But agree it means sweet FA.

What about the time well before trade time?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Bit rude really.

Should be celebrating the delistings of all these guys who you have never heard of and never even played a game but are:

"A true heart and soul player, who made a significant difference to the club and will be forever cherished"

Bit rude really.

Should be celebrating the delistings of all these guys who you have never heard of and never even played a game but are:

"A true heart and soul player, who made a significant difference to the club and will be forever cherished"
I like those stories.

I alway tear up a bit for a heart and soul player who has been on our list for xxx years but sadly we’ve let them go. (I’m not even kidding here).

I’m totally on board when we fervently wish them the best in their future endeavours.

Of course by the next day I can’t recall the person, but I give them my personal send-off for a while.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back