List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for pick 28 😢

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bo Allan (191cm, Midfielder/Defender, Peel Thunder)

• Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent)

Last edited by a moderator:

So Collingwood with zero draft capital will nab Perryman and most likely Houston this offseason lol. That's a better haul than what Tim Lamb has managed in 4 offseasons. Absolute scrub of a list manager. We've had clear issues in the front half and midfield yet have done SFA. I don't care how hard a sell it is, if our list manager isn't capable of landing anything decent in 4 years, while watching nearly every club improve their list, then he's gotta go. Throw in the contract debacles. Sheesh. How the hell does he still have a job?
Collingwood also gave up pick 11 and 34 for Lachie Shultz. And they're paying Harry Perryman over $900k for 6 years. Would prefer we kept our picks than doing those deals

Collingwood also gave up pick 11 and 34 for Lachie Shultz. And they're paying Harry Perryman over $900k for 6 years. Would prefer we kept our picks than doing those deals

It isn’t the discreet deals people are shitty with it is the bigger picture, our lack of gonads to turn the list over and swap over certain skill sets. No one would have minded bringing in Houston if it was using any compo we got for Oliver (and maybe a bit more thrown in) to give us a different look but our club has no balls to think laterally.

Same goes for Perryman, if we had a spare 1.3m a year from losing Oliver, who the **** cares if we give 900k to Perryman, the point of cap is to improve your list and he would be better than a good half dozen of our best 22.

Instead we are opting to sit on our hands and go around in 2025 with a very similar list that we did in 2024 and hope for a different outcome.

It isn’t the discreet deals people are shitty with it is the bigger picture, our lack of gonads to turn the list over and swap over certain skill sets. No one would have minded bringing in Houston if it was using any compo we got for Oliver (and maybe a bit more thrown in) to give us a different look but our club has no balls to think laterally.

Same goes for Perryman, if we had a spare 1.3m a year from losing Oliver, who the **** cares if we give 900k to Perryman, the point of cap is to improve your list and he would be better than a good half dozen of our best 22.

Instead we are opting to sit on our hands and go around in 2025 with a very similar list that we did in 2024 and hope for a different outcome.
You realise that the players in question actually have to want to come here, yeah? If Perryman could get $900k at Collingwood, why would he pick Melbourne for the same wage? If Houston is getting the same money (due to his existing deal) whether he's at Collingwood, Carlton or Melbourne, why would he pick Melbourne?

As much as we’d get for ANB. Internally we could argue he’s worth more with what he brings But never getting more in a trade.
Yep it seems a pretty mutual agreement. He's been a great servant to the club and wishes to go home. The club are happy to do a make it happen as smoothly as possible. No point trying to squeeze out anything more, just get it done. I might add its the only thing that's been handled properly.

You realise that the players in question actually have to want to come here, yeah? If Perryman could get $900k at Collingwood, why would he pick Melbourne for the same wage? If Houston is getting the same money (due to his existing deal) whether he's at Collingwood, Carlton or Melbourne, why would he pick Melbourne?

Yep, and it’s Lambs job to sell the club to said players.

We got a bloke who couldn’t sell the club to anyone of note when we were in our flag window other than D grade VFL plodders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perryman is a very good player. Yeah, they're probably paying 200k overs maybe, but they are likely bringing in 3 very quality players like Schultz, Perryman and Houston and not selling the farm. We were rumoured to be offering 2 first rounders for Houston. Very jealous of Collingwoods trade periods. I'm not even sure wtf our plan is? Are we seriously keeping the status quo and expecting to win finals lol?

I’m not sure they’ve been that great at draft and trade. Been very fortunate with some F/S and academy players though. They do seem to get the best of some recycled players. I’ll give them that.
Cameron and Crisp both finished top 4 in their b&f and were steak knives in deals they've done. I think if they walk away from the last two drafts with
Schultz, Perryman and Houston with the draft hands they have had, that's fantastic for them. You'd have to be ecstatic as a Pies supporter. All the while we can't even get a Giants reserves player that wants to actually come to us over the line lol. I get it's partly to do with where we are at as a club right now, but even in the premiership window with clear needs, Lamb hasn't delivered. In fact, he's been woeful. So how bad do you think he'll go when we are on the nose? If he can't even get Derksen over the line, then he needs to be moved on.

Cameron and Crisp both finished top 4 in their b&f and were steak knives in deals they've done. I think if they walk away from the last two drafts with
Schultz, Perryman and Houston with the draft hands they have had, that's fantastic for them. You'd have to be ecstatic as a Pies supporter. All the while we can't even get a Giants reserves player that wants to actually come to us over the line lol. I get it's partly to do with where we are at as a club right now, but even in the premiership window with clear needs, Lamb hasn't delivered. In fact, he's been woeful. So how bad do you think he'll go when we are on the nose? If he can't even get Derksen over the line, then he needs to be moved on.

Think our trade period is just about done with ANB being done.

Sounds like we are too far off for pick 13 and have **** all else attainable targets.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for pick 28 😢

Back