List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for pick 28 😢

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bo Allan (191cm, Midfielder/Defender, Peel Thunder)

• Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent)

Last edited by a moderator:
Think our trade period is just about done with ANB being done.
Nah. I'm expecting a little more rumour still, bit of chatter, innuendo and maybe some hearsay later in the week. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a tiny spot of action either.

Sounds like we are into one of Freo's picks they get from Tigers. Seems like we really rate this draft. I like it, but it is risky being that we are likely to finish anywhere next year.

So No Derkson, Owies, Lord.

200.gif

Last edited:
It isn’t the discreet deals people are shitty with it is the bigger picture, our lack of gonads to turn the list over and swap over certain skill sets. No one would have minded bringing in Houston if it was using any compo we got for Oliver (and maybe a bit more thrown in) to give us a different look but our club has no balls to think laterally.

Same goes for Perryman, if we had a spare 1.3m a year from losing Oliver, who the **** cares if we give 900k to Perryman, the point of cap is to improve your list and he would be better than a good half dozen of our best 22.

Instead we are opting to sit on our hands and go around in 2025 with a very similar list that we did in 2024 and hope for a different outcome.
6 years is a long time, the list changes every year and if you overpay some average players you can’t pay other stars. And I bet if we did that the same people who complain about not doing anything would complain about us doing that (not naming names)

When asked if Dees were an attractive club

Lamb: Attactive? That’s hard to answer

What a deadset flog, how about emphasising our club history, our premiership list, getting to play at the MCG, playing with best ruckman of all time.

No wonder this bloke can’t bring anyone to the club.
Yep, not his finest moment that one.

Didn’t even end up answering the question at all.

Sounded pretty adamant tonight at the b&f that Oliver isn't going anywhere, but yeah, who knows wtf is gonna happen with this club atm. Seems to be rudderless. Very important period for Tim Lamb coming up. Even the Pies with no draft hand is making s* happen.
This is what happens when the Bosses are at play and singing in tune.

rub a dub dub, three members in a tub.

The fish rots from the head, and only one head has gone yet. .

If you can't melt this time of year when can you melt? Every post should be a fn melt atm with how bad we're travelling. Zero faith in Tim Lamb to do anything good again this offseason. He couldn't do anything good when we were a premiership chance, now we're a rabble he'll be even more useless.
CD in don't think its Lamb who has been stearing, this past 2 years.

Lamb is just following Perts orders imv. And the boards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CD in don't think its Lamb who has been stearing, this past 2 years.

Lamb is just following Perts orders imv. And the boards.
Sack them all mate. Its actually laughable that since the flag we have literally brought in nothing at all decent in trades. Like not 1 winner. If Pert or Goody are doing the trading, then why even have Lamb? If it's Lamb unable to do his job, then I'll happily go down and throw the campaigner out on his a$$ myself. He looks pretty small.

You can't bank the cap with the floor the way it is.
Sure you can, bring forward money from any of the longer term contracts or extend them. Free up the space for the next season or the one after. Or over multiple years.

Let's be honest, the only reason they love this draft is coz no one wants to come here and draft picks get no say in the matter. They have to go to the club who picks them.

Not that I've got a problem with this outcome, it's what I would want us to do. I'm more so highlighting the fact that they were happy to trade out of this draft for Houston a couple of months ago.

Saying they love this draft now is nothing but spin and coping.

Sure you can, bring forward money from any of the longer term contracts or extend them. Free up the space for the next season or the one after. Or over multiple years.

How many times and for how long can you keep doing that because apparently it’s been what we have been doing since Jackson left as we haven’t been spending it anywhere else.

Starting to sound like the blokes who talk about loading every season.

Let's be honest, the only reason they love this draft is coz no one wants to come here and draft picks get no say in the matter. They have to go to the club who picks them.

Not that I've got a problem with this outcome, it's what I would want us to do. I'm more so highlighting the fact that they were happy to trade out of this draft for Houston a couple of months ago.

Saying they love this draft now is nothing but spin and coping.

Reminds me of the classic “we don’t rate anyone outside the top 15”

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for pick 28 😢

Back