List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for pick 28 😢

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bo Allan (191cm, Midfielder/Defender, Peel Thunder)

• Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent)

Last edited by a moderator:

We can still get White.

Why do we need Ah-Mu when we have Fullerton, Kentfield and Jefferson already as developing forwards.

Because he never misses leg day.

How many times and for how long can you keep doing that because apparently it’s been what we have been doing since Jackson left as we haven’t been spending it anywhere else.

Starting to sound like the blokes who talk about loading every season.
You were pretending this wasn't even a thing a few days ago for the sake of denying you were wrong. You really are basically Danster.

On the Topic of Ah-Mu what's stopping us from drafting him this year or next year in the MSD?
He is going to be in next years national draft and will probably get selected in the first round. Forget about him. He was never ours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's also under the GC Academy, that Kalani White.
They have like 6 academy guys next year and White would be the least of their priorities.

I think this sort of strategy is trickier than it sounds. If you're front loading guys you run the risk of them wanting out as soon as the good money is behind them. If you spread it out across the list the margins become so thin that the players you give extra to now expect that as their standard rate going forward.

If we're talking about buying picks I'm game but freeing up cap space for its own sake can easily put you in a spot where you just end up overpaying other players instead.
Not really, if you were that worried you could just do it with Gawn and Viney's contracts. Pick the years that line up with whatever other contract strategies. Could roll it over, could do any kind of shit. There aren't the kind of constraining rules like the NBA salary cap rules. Just requires basic mathematic ability. Would be a huge benefit if done intelligently.

He is going to be in next years national draft and will probably get selected in the first round. Forget about him. He was never ours.

Sorry, mate. I can't. I really want him.

Feels Like Mac Andrew Mk.2.

Sorry, mate. I can't. I really want him.

Feels Like Mac Andrew Mk.2.
You only wanted him because we misunderstood the rules and thought we'd get him for free. That's not happening so it's pointless to get tunnel vision on one player. There are likely players we would pick before him if we have the picks anyway.

You were pretending this wasn't even a thing a few days ago for the sake of denying you were wrong. You really are basically Danster.

No I wasn’t, I just don’t think it’s a strategy you can hang your hat on cap wise year after year and continue to benefit from like some nuffies think we can.

You were the one avoiding my question as to how we would execute it since you seem all over it as a strategy and continue to talk about it while being unable to provide any evidence or detail.

No I wasn’t, I just don’t think it’s a strategy you can hang your hat on cap wise year after year and continue to benefit from like some nuffies think we can.
This isn't actually saying anything.

You only wanted him because we misunderstood the rules and thought we'd get him for free. That's not happening so it's pointless to get tunnel vision on one player. There are likely players we would pick before him if we have the picks anyway.
Like who?

I will ask you again as I did a few days ago, how do you suggest we execute or use our spare cap?

You failed to respond last time, let’s watch you fail again.

Looking for a player name and contract here.
This last time that you are referring to, I tried to lead you to understand that there are more things that you can immediately do with salary cap space other than spending on free agents. It appears that you did not learn.

Just above these posts are discussions of some of the things that can be done with an immediate availability of salary cap space. It appears once again that you did not learn.

I could even give you other examples of uses for about 10% of the whole team's cap but what would be the point? You won't learn.
Somehow, unless there is a current free agent to lure with that money, it is of no use.

This is where we are at. Danster.

This last time that you are referring to, I tried to lead you to understand that there are more things that you can immediately do with salary cap space other than spending on free agents. It appears that you did not learn.

Just above these posts are discussions of some of the things that can be done with an immediate availability of salary cap space. It appears once again that you did not learn.

I could even give you other examples of uses for about 10% of the whole team's cap but what would be the point? You won't learn.
Somehow, unless there is a current free agent to lure with that money, it is of no use.

This is where we are at. Danster.

You need to spend that cash eventually.

Just hoarding money / cap space isn’t going to improve our list or get us closer to a flag.

Thats the part that is going over your head. We haven’t even spent the Jackson cash yet, let alone Hibberd, Harmes, Brayshaw, BBB and soon to be Tomlinson cash. We also got Tmac and Melksham cash freeing up next season also with May probably not far behind.

But yeah let’s flog off a 4x AA for nothing to save another $1m a year so we can shuffle money around even more when we can’t even lure VFL players over.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for pick 28 😢

Back