List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for pick 28 😢

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bo Allan (191cm, Midfielder/Defender, Peel Thunder)

• Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats the part that is going over your head.
This is just art.

Cut one Danster down and another pops up. You are a treasure.

This is just art.

Cut one Danster down and another pops up. You are a treasure.

Other than “let’s shuffle it” argument you keep banging on about you are yet to provide any detail on your strategy to use another $1m in cap space still.

No shit we can shuffle it but it’s all in vain when we can’t lure anyone.

Other than “let’s shuffle it” you are yet to provide any detail on your strategy to use another $1m in cap space still.

No shit we can shuffle it but it’s all in vain when we can’t lure anyone.
Free agent nihilism - a Mich0 production.

Deflecting again opposed to actually providing any detail to your points.
We will never, ever again be able to lure a free agent and as outlined above, we never learn that you can do other things with salary cap space. Around we go.

The player is Stephen Tingay and we should pay him $1.5 million a year.

We will never, ever again be able to lure a free agent and as outlined above, we never learn that you can do other things with salary cap space. Around we go.

The player is Stephen Tingay and we should pay him $1.5 million a year.

So trade Oliver for peanuts, shuffle his money and bring in Stephen Tingay on 1.5m a year? Got it

We will likely need 3 Stephen Tingays with the cash we have, noting we have never brought in any player in our history on anything remotely close to that.

So conclusion would be to just overpay our existing plodders more money.

Thats the part that is going over your head. We haven’t even spent the Jackson cash yet, let alone Hibberd, Harmes, Brayshaw, BBB and soon to be Tomlinson cash. We also got Tmac and Melksham cash freeing up next season also with May probably not far behind.
You keep saying this like its fact and we havent just re-signed players to use some of this free money you keep going on about.

While I do agree its going to be hard to spend the money with how the club currently is, if there is a cleanout next year and some hope and optimism around the place you will be able to attract players with a shit load of cash again.

You keep saying this like its fact and we havent just re-signed players to use some of this free money you keep going on about.

While I do agree its going to be hard to spend the money with how the club currently is, if there is a cleanout next year and some hope and optimism around the place you will be able to attract players with a shit load of cash again.

Who have we resigned on big cash?

If we are paying people what we paid Jackson or Brayshaw it goes back to my point that we are just overpaying under performing blokes to hit our cap floor.

So freeing up more cash would just exacerbate that further.

Fair enough if we thought we were actually in the game for a bloke like Butters but let’s be real here. We will bring in draftees on minimal coin who won’t need a decent payrise for a good few seasons.

If we are paying people what we paid Jackson or Brayshaw it goes back to my point that we are just overpaying under performing blokes to hit our cap floor.
Brayshaw's money isnt coming off the books is my understanding? Dont we at least have to pay a good portion of it ?

So freeing up more cash would just exacerbate that further.

Fair enough if we thought we were actually in the game for a bloke like Butters but let’s be real here. We will bring in draftees on minimal coin who won’t need a decent payrise for a good few seasons.
Rivers wouldnt have been cheap, McVee will cost a pretty penny if we ever get to done, Petty im sure we paid more than we should have for.

I can definitely see Freo trying to offload pick 11 for our F1. Keeps it away from the Bolton trade and gives them currency for Warner next year.
This feels like a Hail Mary pass for 2025.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This feels like a Hail Mary pass for 2025.

I would do F1 for 11 in an instant.

Pick 5 and 11 could be our Rozee and Butters with JT at the helm.

If we are smart enough to snare pick 20 with our glut of later picks and end up with 5,11 and 20 I will revoke all my Lamb trash talk for trade week.

Media beating a dead horse with this Oliver thing now.

We sounded out offers, they were shit. Move on.

Talk about trying to over dramatise everything. McClure was still rambling on about it today.

Bloke needs a real job.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for pick 28 😢

Back