List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent)
  • Pick 28* (Trade)

Last edited:
100% – a combo of any of those would be a good result. I'm more open to Armstrong if we grab a gun mid first. Draper and Tauru would be an excellent outcome though.

Think Trainor probably slides down a fair bit with all his concussion issues. Big risk (which is a shame for him)
Ive a sneaking suspicion it will be Langford if hes there with our first pick. Just thinking about JTs past, loves the big body mids who can play forward too. (add to that the possibility of Trac leaving and they might want to get a replacement sorted)..Genuinely scared shitless it is Smillie we are after at pick 9, hope im wrong and its just my veil playing up.

Agree that the draft is strong and I'm mostly OK with it as a result.

But it's also true that it's a lot to give: if we finish in the same position next year (certainly possible), it'll be Picks 5, 28 and 40 for Pick 9. So yes, it's a gamble.
Yeah these trades are always a gamble but good on them for being aggressive and trying to get better, faster. I genuinely think this will help us next year and we’ll finish higher than this year. Time will tell

Urge to kill fading....fading.... then they pick Smillie with pick 9....RISING

tenor.gif
Unfortunately for you my friend I actually think Smillie will be under heavy consideration for pick 9.

I think the Dees motive this draft period is to bring in players that can come in and impact straight away and I think they see Smillie fitting this description.

Ive a sneaking suspicion it will be Langford if hes there with our first pick. Just thinking about JTs past, loves the big body mids who can play forward too. (add to that the possibility of Trac leaving and they might want to get a replacement sorted)..Genuinely scared shitless it is Smillie we are after at pick 9, hope im wrong and its just my veil playing up.
I don't mind Langford, even if he's not my top preference. Draper/Smith are 1a and 1b, then I have a bigger group that I rank similarly.

Get what you're saying re JT – reckon Lalor fits that archetype even more, although it sounds like he might go earlier now.

Unfortunately for you my friend I actually think Smillie will be under heavy consideration for pick 9.

I think the Dees motive this draft period is to bring in players that can come in and impact straight away and I think they see Smillie fitting this description.
Yep, what I said just a couple of posts above. Scared shitless

Yeah these trades are always a gamble but good on them for being aggressive and trying to get better, faster. I genuinely think this will help us next year and we’ll finish higher than this year. Time will tell
It really is a wait and see if this was a great move or not. I think most fans will be happy we're going to the draft instead of throwing high picks at Houston or someone else. But yeah,will depend on the development of the picks and possibly how low we finish next season. If we finish bottom 4 then it's probably seen as a bit steep(but again,if we pick well this draft then who cares).

I don't mind Langford, even if he's not my top preference. Draper/Smith are 1a and 1b, then I have a bigger group that I rank similarly.

Get what you're saying re JT – reckon Lalor fits that archetype even more, although it sounds like he might go earlier now.
I dont mind Langford or Lalor either, at least they can play both forward and mid, you wouldnt have to shoehorn them into the side. Unlike Smilie who just brings more of what we already have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't next year meant to be heavily compromised? I guess if we finish top 10 next year it probably looks OK, but any worse than that and it'll be awful.
Always hard to project exactly where all these players land 12 months out but yeah there are a lot of academy picks in next years draft. They might not all be in the first round but you then have to consider other factors like FA compo that might come in. Even if we finish 12th that pick 6 could get pushed back to 8-10 anyway.

Look at this year, right now we have pick 5. By draft night that will be pick 6. If Billings didn't kick a miracle goal and Gold Coast kicked a couple more against Richmond it ends up being pick 9 anyway.

Do you guys think you’ll pick Jagga if he’s there at 5 (6)? Assuming FOS, Lalor, Draper & Langford are gone?
Id ****ing hope so.

Do you guys think you’ll pick Jagga if he’s there at 5 (6)? Assuming FOS, Lalor, Draper & Langford are gone?
100%

You’d pick Langford over Smillie also? (same situation but Jagga picked before you and Langford available)
Ar least Langford plays multiple roles. Smillie is a genuine inside bull.

I too like Langford at 5. 190cm big bodied midfielder who's a left footer that can have some serious impact up forward.

His game against Gippsland power this year where he had 33 disposals and kicked 4 goals was pretty evident that he can just be as damaging up forward.

Pick 9 could be out of Smillie, Tauru, Armstrong, Reid, Travaglia and Allan.

Cooper Hynes is a smokey watch.

I too like Langford at 5. 190cm big bodied midfielder who's a left footer that can have some serious impact up forward.

His game against Gippsland power this year where he had 33 disposals and kicked 4 goals was pretty evident that he can just be as damaging up forward.

I think we’ll have 10 so be interesting which way you guys go. I think we’ll go Armstrong if he’s still there or if a mid is there we’d get them I think.

If you want to take Hynes that early by all means 😀

I would take Langford and Tauru.

Tauru in case GWS are attaching a leash on Derka Derk.

I know I'm in the minority but if we trade Oliver and Trac goes next year Smillie wouldn't hurt.
I don't think he's that bad either. Think a lot of his flaws are pretty coachable.

I know I'm in the minority but if we trade Oliver and Trac goes next year Smillie wouldn't hurt.

This is a part of me that thinks Smillie will be under heavy consideration.
This just ******ed though, trade Oliver now if you think hell be gone, get on with it. If you think hes going that means you think hell be a distraction and have another underwhelming year. If he bounces back and has a good year we wont be trading him and Trac in the same offseason.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Back