List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent)
  • Pick 28* (Trade)

Last edited:
So who do we draft at 9 if Armstrong and Tauru are off the board (Likely)

1. Tigers: Smith
2. Brisbane: Ashcroft
3. North: Langford
4. WC: Lalor
5. Adelaide: Draper
6. Demons: FOS?
7. Tigers: Armstrong
8. St Kilda: Tauru
9. St Kilda: Smillie
10: Demons: Lindsay? Shanahan? Berry? Reid? Travaglia?

Have we seen enough of Taj Hotton? (compared to Sheezal)

I like the vision of Lindsay whose a Josh Kelly type or Berry who is a Dylan Moore type best.

Getting a Langford and Berry would be great so we can **** off Sparrow and Chandler from the 1s.

Or do we trade down and take 3 of Lindsay, Berry and Hotton?

Last edited:

Comical the journos on channel 9 are prioritising bitching / having a sook about Brad Green calling them out on twitter over discussing GWS keeping a young father on minimal coin away from home who they aren’t even playing away from returning home to his family.

Absolute dog move from GWS, considering the deal we gave them for Bedford.

lol.

Absolutely the right fall to query Green's immature tweeting.

Bedford was out of contract. Derk isn't so they are able to hold on to him or fight harder to keep him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

lol.

Absolutely the right fall to query Green's immature tweeting.

Bedford was out of contract. Derk isn't so they are able to hold on to him or fight harder to keep him.

Greens tweeting was fine. People sook when Roffey was absent and now they sook when Green isn’t absent and stands up for the club. Can’t win with some people.

Hurts nobody his tweets except journos feelings. Who gives a shit seriously.

Seriously tho. How about 2 + North's F1 for 5 and 9.
Mother of all death rides.
Surely that'd get the grey matter going.
Hello, old friend! :love:

Pretty good deal on paper (not sure North would do it), but I don’t see us trading out of the future and into this draft, just to trade out of this draft and into the future.

Greens tweeting was fine. People sook when Roffey was absent and now they sook when Green isn’t absent and stands up for the club. Can’t win with some people.

Hurts nobody his tweets except journos feelings. Who gives a shit seriously.

lol. Embarrassing having a leader doing that juvenile point scoring.

Hello, old friend! :love:

Pretty good deal on paper (not sure North would do it), but I don’t see us trading out of the future and into this draft, just to trade out of this draft and into the future.

There have been reports we're after Tauru and we're willing to spend F1 on Houston, so I think if that was true, 5 and 9 would get us that result.

Tho as you suggest, it does seem unlikely the Dees would be that keen on trading out of 2024, now you've got a killer 2024 draft hand. But an interesting hypothetical nonetheless.

There have been reports we're after Tauru and we're willing to spend F1 on Houston, so I think if that was true, 5 and 9 would get us that result.

Tho as you suggest, it does seem unlikely the Dees would be that keen on trading out of 2024, now you've got a killer 2024 draft hand. But an interesting hypothetical nonetheless.

Tauru at 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know I'm in the minority but if we trade Oliver and Trac goes next year Smillie wouldn't hurt.
0 chance we trade Oliver now if we do that deal. No one at the club thinks we finish better off next year without Oliver. No way we'd trade next year's pick.

5/9/17 could setup our midfield for a decade. Last chance to cash in heavily before Tassie.

Windsor, JvR, Rivers, Pickett, Turner, Jefferson, Tholstrupp, Mcvee, Langford, Lindsay, Hotton will form a new core for the next 10 years.

Last edited:
Bless North fans for thinking that Pick 2 will get them both 5 + 9 straight up in a draft where there's no consensus top two. Pick 5 + 9 is basically the perfect place to be, and I hope we're not even considering moving up.

We'll have access to at least one of Draper, Smith, FOS (less keen), Langford and Lalor, who have all been at different spots in the top five at some point. Nice spot to be.
Why less keen on FOS? Been rated top 3-4 all year.

Why less keen on FOS? Been rated top 3-4 all year.
I'm always a bit hesistant on guys that have a rough top-age year. Had a bunch of injuries, yes, but his form and numbers were way down across the board.

Has a lot of talent for sure, just feel the lack of exposed form (and the injuries) are a bit of a risk. Just a bit more confident in the guys I've seen play high level footy this year, but that's not to say he'd be a bad pick. Don't think we could really lose with any of those five, but at the moment my preferences would be:

T1: Draper/Smith
3: Langford
4: Lalor
5: O'Sullivan (though tbh in hindsight I'd probably put him in the same tier as Lalor, who also had a bit of an interrupted year).

Also, will get new polls/threads up for Pick 5 and 9 (provided the deal goes through) once trade period is done. That early poll was a mess

I'm always a bit hesistant on guys that have a rough top-age year. Had a bunch of injuries, yes, but his form and numbers were way down across the board.

Has a lot of talent for sure, just feel the lack of exposed form (and the injuries) are a bit of a risk. Just a bit more confident in the guys I've seen play high level footy this year, but that's not to say he'd be a bad pick. Don't think we could really lose with any of those five, but at the moment my preferences would be:

T1: Draper/Smith
3: Langford
4: Lalor
5: O'Sullivan (though tbh in hindsight I'd probably put him in the same tier as Lalor, who also had a bit of an interrupted year).
I haven’t looked into this draft at all until about a week ago so all these names are fairly new to me. FOS has looked the least impressive to me out of the top candidates but understood he has had injuries this year. But people seem hell bent on how good he is and offended that I say he looks the least impressive. Just going on by how much others with a bit more knowledge rate him he could end up being a steal if he fell to us. But yes any of those 5 id be happy with.

North want Armstrong or Tauru and keen to slide back.

Would hold them at ransom if they come to us for it as it would likely benefit them more than us.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Back