List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bo Allan (191cm, Midfielder/Defender, Peel Thunder)

• Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Joe Berry (180 cm, Small Forward, Murray Bushrangers)

• Jobe Shanahan (194cm, Key Forward, Allies)

• Split the pick (let JT cook)

• Trade the pick (let Lamb burn the place to the ground)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
I don’t mind looking at Campbell. He’ll be cheap option for a year while Verrall continues to develop. Sounds like they rate him. Campbell will be well aware he’s only really an option when Gawn is out.
Midfielders won't be happy as they won't be able to use "but we didn't have a ruck vs Freo" excuse.

Goodwin is a great coach and this is a great move by a great team. Not totally pointless at all. 👍👍👍

Happy to take a chance on Derkson, on the footage available I like what I've seen.
Same, been hoping we were into him for a few months now. GWS are pretty stacked in fwd line so was always going to find it tough to break in there.

We are not exactly stacked with young defenders coming through either thanks to them all playing fwd and midfield so might be handy there too.

I know nothing about Derksen but I think his problem at AFL level will be that his name sounds like someone who plays country footy and moves leagues every year for massive coin but never really is worth it.

Don’t mind Derkson but **** when other clubs are bringing players like Barrass, Houston, Rioli, Bolton, Smith ect it’s no surprise our list is going backwsrds

I know nothing about Derksen but I think his problem at AFL level will be that his name sounds like someone who plays country footy and moves leagues every year for massive coin but never really is worth it.
So a Derksenary.

Don’t mind Derkson but **** when other clubs are bringing players like Barrass, Houston, Rioli, Bolton, Smith ect it’s no surprise our list is going backwsrds
Yeah, but we had Houston but were mortgaging our future for him. We ****ed it up but probably for the best.

Bolton is going to home state, Rioli seems a coach relationship play (we got Hibberd and Melk same way), Smith a Geelong special which makes Barrass the one outlier. They all require trades too, who knows what stupid offer we would have put up for them.

Cumming and Perryman both being off to SA as UFA is killer. Their the ones you want to be in on.

Totally agree that we are going backwards. Not too late yet, but next 2 seasons of drafting will make or brake... If it goes bad it could be really bad and for a long time.

With the state of our list, I'd much rather be going to the draft with Pick 5 than using it on any of those players tbh.

Supposed to be a strong draft, do we try get another first rounder this year... Future 1st/Split pick 5 this year
Certainly hope we're looking at ways to get a second bite at the first round. Problem is, most clubs will likely see it as a deep first round, so it'll be difficult to trade in.

Certainly hope we're looking at ways to get a second bite at the first round. Problem is, most clubs will likely see it as a deep first round, so it'll be difficult to trade in.

Brisbane's first is an option for us, Dees are into it. They need the points.

Also apparently talking to Gold Coast about a similar deal to Geelong getting Bowes (player and pick for salary cap relief). Not sure on the player though.

Second hand info, but rumour that Houston was spotted catching up with Richo and Jack Viney so perhaps that one's not totally dead in the water?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also apparently talking to Gold Coast about a similar deal to Geelong getting Bowes (player and pick for salary cap relief). Not sure on the player though.

Second hand info, but rumour that Houston was spotted catching up with Richo and Jack Viney so perhaps that one's not totally dead in the water?
Angry Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar

With the state of our list, I'd much rather be going to the draft with Pick 5 than using it on any of those players tbh.

If that’s the case we should be trying to offload more players for capital. Not going this halfway house approach where we look like we are recruiting for our VFL team year on year while also going half baked on the draft.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me but geez just blow the club up if they give pick 5 for him.

If that’s the case we should be trying to offload more players for capital. Not going this halfway house approach where we look like we are recruiting for our VFL team year on year while also going half baked on the draft.
Counter argument would be building a sustainable list profile where we have a mix of young and mature talent that is competitive and creates stronger development opportunities for young players.

As tempting as it is to blow it up and start over, that approach rarely ends well. North a good example, Hawthorn more of an outlier (plus still have some good vets).

Anyway, it's all pretty meaningless until Goodwin is gone.

Don't want any of them, would cost too much draft capital. Don't have a problem with bringing in Derek Derkson if he costs a packet of chips, as long as we using our early picks for drafting.

Doubt GC will salary dump if they are already getting Lukosius off there books.

They are better off just paying overs for Rioli and asking Richmond to pay a chunk of his salary moving forward.

Youre the Sully king of this board Legs
Every time I'm only seconds late. I would be hitting send faster than TK liking a Headless post.

Some of the off-season moves a bit of a head-scratcher Ivan Soldo to apparently St Kilda being one.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Back