List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bo Allan (191cm, Midfielder/Defender, Peel Thunder)

• Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Trade the pick (let Lamb burn the place to the ground)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting two young players who have shown a bit but been starved of opportunity is exactly the sort of thing we should be doing imo.

How are those moves bad? They're young players looking for opportunity, exactly the profile we should be targetting.
We should be, but Tim will get reamed at the table. Like GWS and Port would ask for more and Tim would say yes.

We should be, but Tim will get reamed at the table. Like GWS and Port would ask for more and Tim would say yes.
Both would cost second round picks and maybe some steak knives with a third or fourth rounder or pick swap or something. Personally I don't care about winning trades at that level of granularity.

Both would cost second round picks and maybe some steak knives with a third or fourth rounder or pick swap or something. Personally I don't care about winning trades at that level of granularity.
I agree, brain just malfunctioned a bit. Also need a small forward, Kozzy and Chin isn't enough.

Not totally convinced on Lord or Aleer as they've only shown glimpses. But have been starved of opportunity. So surely they'd be better targets than Membrey or Daniel. Early to mid 20s age bracket with upside starved of opportunity is a good strategy. Hit the top end of the draft next couple of drafts and as those kids impact, then Lord, Aleer types will be at their peak(potentially). Lamb would get credits for getting either of those blokes into the club. Derkson another worth a punting. Still would love us to shake Peatling loose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree, brain just malfunctioned a bit. Also need a small forward, Kozzy and Chin isn't enough.
If we came out of the trade period with Owies, Aleer, Lord and held onto pick 5 that would be a good outcome for us.

Leek Aleer would be sick. His game down in Geelong this year was awesome. Did some great things in the last and is wildly athletic albeit still a bit raw.
Mac Andrew was similar in 2023. Now he's the highest paid player in the game. Aleer is worth the risk. Not sure what a decent offer would be? Package up a F1 and this years 2nd for Peatling and Aleer? Is that overs/unders?

what do you think your club would be looking for pick wise? hard to put a value on him when it's all scuttlebut... like is he operating dog fighting rings? running drugs across state lines? how bad can it be
It’s so hard to say what would get a deal done. It would depend partly on how much of his contract was picked up.

I think the scuttlebutt is that he was staying out late and partying too much with some mates. He missed a few training sessions and was just unprofessional and immature.

He seems to have ironed it out now and the club believes he can get back close to his best. There’s still some risk there though.

Oliver is going to be meeting with Geelong. Disaster, what the **** are they going to offer is pick wise after the Bailey Smith deal? They aren't even going to be paying his whole contract if he goes there...

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Back