List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bo Allan (191cm, Midfielder/Defender, Peel Thunder)

• Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Trade the pick (let Lamb burn the place to the ground)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just hope there is heat on Tim Lamb.

Bloke continues to pat himself on the back while bringing in journeymen who struggle to even been on an afl list. These last 3 years including Billings, Mcadam, Dunstan, Schache, Hunter and most likely Fullerton (let’s be honest if he is behind Brown he is also going to be trash).

Our list has gone backwards with us losing Jackson, Grundy, Jordan, Brayshaw, Bedford in the same period.

I can’t remember the last trade the bloke “won”

Last edited:

I bloody love Oliver.

He's been s**t for a couple of years though.
Signs a new deal goes off the rails and disrespects all his team mates. He's pathetic. I don't like the campaigner in the slightest wouldn't bat an eyelid if we lost him to another team. Watching him blast every kick into the 50 again was pure enjoyment because it just makes us even shitter

We really need a big KPF. That will fix all our issues. Ben King would be my target, failing that Matt Taberner or Rory Lobb.

We really need a big KPF. That will fix all our issues. Ben King would be my target, failing that Matt Taberner or Rory Lobb.
Do you prefer shrimp, or artificial flies?

This genuinely feels like the late
Daniher years except we jagged a flag. Gun players all approaching or past 30 and we won’t rebuild until it’s scorched earth time.
From a W/L perspective this stacks up. We’re 28 wins and 21 losses from our past 49 games. 2004-06 before the wheels fell off, Daniher’s Dees were 40-29-1.

Blowtorch needs to go on our recruiting team.

Since winning the flag, we've topped up with Hunter, Billings, Dunstan, Schache, Grundy and Fullarton. The decision to go hell for leather for Grundy at the time when clearly a key forward was a top priority is one of the more bizarre list management decisions. Even someone like Daniel McStay who was available at the time would have been a more appropriate target and someone that would have straightened us up as a solid contested marking forward.

Last year Gold Coast shopped Mabior Chol around and it made absolute sense that he fit the need of a forward ruck who could easily chop out Gawn in the ruck but also have an impact up forward. Chol came off a 44 goal season with the Suns back in 2022 and yet we chose to chase Tom Fullarton instead who hadn't played a senior game since the final of 2022 against the Dees. Chol has been a great pick up for the Hawks this season and Fullarton is floundering around in the VFL.

We used our first round pick in the draft on a skinny non competitive key forward in Matthew Jefferson who's struggling to put on any consistency of form in his 2nd year in the AFL system. Yet we decide to extend his contract based on that he clearly needs time and physical and mental development. Jed Adams is another who is still miles off AFL action.

We kept Petty even after he got in front of camera at a golf course with three other Crows players and clearly stated that he wanted to go home. The Crows were willing to part with a first round pick but we were stead fast in keeping him. He is clearly not a forward and the only way his value goes back up is if he goes back to his natural position.

So many deadwood on our list.

This genuinely feels like the late
Daniher years except we jagged a flag. Gun players all approaching or past 30 and we won’t rebuild until it’s scorched earth time.
Definitely had a Daniher years feel to it yesterday like in 06 when we'd lose to Carlton twice in the season. I don't think the drop will be as bad as it was in 07, but would prefer to bite the bullet and stop playing the same olds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely had a Daniher years feel to it yesterday like in 06 when we'd lose to Carlton twice in the season. I don't think the drop will be as bad as it was in 07, but would prefer to bite the bullet and stop playing the same olds.
I don't think we even necessarily need to drop off much, you just look around us and there's alot of teams on the way up while we're going down. Doesn't take much

What I mean is I think the list is in better shape than what was left after Daniher.
It’s easy to say the list was a mess after Daniher with the benefit of hindsight. But, at the time we had youngish midfielders such as Moloney, McLean, Sylvia and Jones who had all shown promise and their best years ahead of them. Miller, Johnstone, Davey, Bruce, Green and Rivers were in their prime. Our trio of tall forwards from the 2004 Draft in Bate, Dunn and Juice Newton had also shown a bit. A lot of us would’ve also had high hopes for the likes of Bartram, Bell, Frawley, Garland and Petterd.

I don’t think the difference is that stark, particularly when you look at our youth coming through.

I’d be keen on Lynch. If he comes cheap. I reckon tigers would want to hang on to him. Plus he is so injury prone now. Worth a crack though at the right price.
IMV, we are a 5 - 6 team, atmo. Our mids are being shown to bat very thinly, and our main mids are Viney (30Yrs-1mth) and Petracca (Age 28yr-4mths). Both over 28 yrs.
Oliver has been a whiter shade of pale, ever since his comeback. And he does not defend well... chasing is a very weak token effort for him. He seems to just prefer to plug space, without contesting, one-on-one. He seems to have an aversion to using his wheels, especially defending.

We are on the leeward side of the see-saw. A gentle slide downwards.
Just as the Swans and Blues are on the maturing side of the see-saw, and we saw how the Hawks and Eagles are on the upward trajectory already, from their slide down the ladder.

For mine, we Must go to the draft for key players. Both Mids and Talls.
We have found some flanker types, but not so any dynamic players.

It’s easy to say the list was a mess after Daniher with the benefit of hindsight. But, at the time we had youngish midfielders such as Moloney, McLean, Sylvia and Jones who had all shown promise and their best years ahead of them. Miller, Johnstone, Davey, Bruce, Green and Rivers were in their prime. Our trio of tall forwards from the 2004 Draft in Bate, Dunn and Juice Newton had also shown a bit. A lot of us would’ve also had high hopes for the likes of Bartram, Bell, Frawley, Garland and Petterd.

I don’t think the difference is that stark, particularly when you look at our youth coming through.
Good call - I didn't see '07 coming in the slightest, honestly.

I bloody love Oliver.

He's been s**t for a couple of years though.
He was better in a win ball and hack it forward, taking territory and force a stoppage; game-style.

He's just lazy on his feet, and he's not the most creative midfielder in the AFL comp.
Tracc is way more creative then Oli, and Tracca always busts his arrze for his teammates.

Good call - I didn't see '07 coming in the slightest, honestly.
I've seen a few articles that said prior to the 2007 season starting we were getting pumped up as the best hope for a Victorian team to break the interstate dominance over the premiership.

I've seen a few articles that said prior to the 2007 season starting we were getting pumped up as the best hope for a Victorian team to break the interstate dominance over the premiership.
We definitely were. I reckon us and Collingwood. Remember that distinctly.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Back